ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Electric vehicles

If he truly believes that wind, solar and batteries will solve sustainable energy for Earth, he should not be supporting Republicans, particularly DeSantis. Those guys have the diametrically opposite view on energy.
He believes it if he can make $ off of it.

Reactions: mildone
I didn’t even initially mention PSE&G . You did . And you can’t possibly be that dumb to believe a policy statement over real life , could you?

What does that mean? Real life?

Again is PSE&G, one of the largest electricity providers in the state, not upgrading their grid?

Well, the taxpayers wanted it. Not sure getting what you want is getting screwed
Well, yeah it does . Those cops are in the state pension and probably get state benefits. That’s on top of whatever state aid that department gets. Equipment, cars, grants etc . That department probably gets some feds money too.
So yeah taxpayers are getting screwed because this shouldn’t be police work. But it’s not the first time public funds are wasted…. and not the last.

Good luck getting leaves done all day with a battery blower
The California small motor reg I saw pertains only to new equipment sold in California for model year 2024 and beyond. It does not have anything to do with usage or existing equipment.

So are there more concerning regs being passed? Is it being discussed in NJ?

Well, yeah it does . Those cops are in the state pension and probably get state benefits. That’s on top of whatever state aid that department gets. Equipment, cars, grants etc . That department probably gets some feds money too.
So yeah taxpayers are getting screwed because this shouldn’t be police work. But it’s not the first time public funds are wasted…. and not the last.
What? Aren’t those equipment there already. It’s not like they hired more cops for enforcement. If anything, it’s another revenue driver for the town.

Between the landscaping in the front and the pool and all the hardscaping in the back, there's not a lot of lawn. I'd just do it myself except... I refuse. I'm just gonna tell the wife I'm gettin' a friggin' goat. We can have chickens and a goat and not have to worry about the lawn.
While you’re at it, get a sheep.

What? Aren’t those equipment there already. It’s not like they hired more cops for enforcement. If anything, it’s another revenue driver for the town.
Yes , that equipment is there . They are using that equipment for this , that’s a cost . Cops are spending time on this , that’s a cost. I doubt they’re raising enough revenue to make up for this. No sure how anyone could think checking a leaf blower’s specs is police work .

Stand next to an Ac unit during peak demand and get back to me. Talk then

I have PSE&G electric. I had zero issues this past summer during peak season. Our house remained cool.

So no, I really don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Can electric mowers still go 30 mph in circles and tear up my f*ckin' lawn? Cuz if not, I don't think my guy would be interested.
Is it this guy?

Waterboy GIF

If he truly believes that wind, solar and batteries will solve sustainable energy for Earth, he should not be supporting Republicans, particularly DeSantis. Those guys have the diametrically opposite view on energy.
Musk making his fake prediction about the future is all about him making money. He is engaging in marketing, in manipulation, not in prediction-making.

He is way too smart to put much stock in absolutist predictions like that.

I have PSE&G electric. I had zero issues this past summer during peak season. Our house remained cool.

So no, I really don't know what you are talking about.
You have to be kidding. You don’t know that PSE&G reduces its power output levels during hot days because the grid can’t handle it?? Stop

Yes , that equipment is there . They are using that equipment for this , that’s a cost . Cops are spending time on this , that’s a cost. I doubt they’re raising enough revenue to make up for this. No sure how anyone could think checking a leaf blower’s specs is police work .
Are you saying the cops usually just sit at the police station instead of patrolling the town if this law wasn’t passed?

No, I trust they are doing police work.
Do you think police work should involve checking leaf blower specs?
I’m just busting your balls. Everyone complied because they didn’t want to lose the business during COVID. Don’t think any tickets were given out.

You have to be kidding. You don’t know that PSE&G reduces its power output levels during hot days because the grid can’t handle it?? Stop

No, I noticed no real dip in cooling or any issues with my AC. My refrigerator had no issues despite you telling us to stand next to a major appliance and hear the problems from PSEG cutting power.

You really seem bothered by this and the concept of people adding EVs in the future. It's kind of weird.

Good luck getting leaves done all day with a battery blower

You just have to have enough batteries, which gets expensive. I have a Ryobi blower that I got on sale. I can do our yard but I had to invest in 3-4 large batteries that I have to rotate through a couple Ryobi fast chargers. I spent way more on the batteries and chargers than I did the blowers. Ask me why I did it? LOL, I have no idea. I thought the idea of electric blower was cool.

The set up works for me because I just walk into my garage unplug from the charger and keep going. I can see how that is completely unfeasible for a landscape crew out on the road.

Reactions: bac2therac
No, I noticed no real dip in cooling or any issues with my AC. My refrigerator had no issues despite you telling us to stand next to a major appliance and hear the problems from PSEG cutting power.

You really seem bothered by this and the concept of people adding EVs in the future. It's kind of weird.
It’s not weird that I don’t trust an investor owned company to be ready when they are struggling now

You just have to have enough batteries, which gets expensive. I have a Ryobi blower that I got on sale. I can do our yard but I had to invest in 3-4 large batteries that I have to rotate through a couple Ryobi fast chargers. I spent way more on the batteries and chargers than I did the blowers. Ask me why I did it? LOL, I have no idea. I thought the idea of electric blower was cool.

The set up works for me because I just walk into my garage unplug from the charger and keep going. I can see how that is completely unfeasible for a landscape crew out on the road.
The main benefit is saving your hearing.

ADVERTISEMENT