ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fatal Fire in Colts Neck "Suspicious"

Definitely get the scope for the people on the scene. Remember the Sheridan case from 2014? That was a case closed murder-suicide, but the case got butchered publicly for many reasons.

I vaguely remember the case, but not the details.

I did two murder-suicides here when I was active on the squad. The second one, the gunman blew his head off right in front of us. I'm good.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Pretty sure all knew it was fishy when they found a man shot to death outside.

What’s surprising is that was a murder, too, it seems. Think the going theory was murder suicide
Again, I knew nothing other than looking at a picture and a headline that said “4 dead in fire”...nothing else.

I didn’t read/see this thread until right now. But knew they didn’t die from the fire because that is not normally what happens at a fire in a big house during the day.

They die from the smoke/fire at night but very rarely during the day.

Pretty sure all knew it was fishy when they found a man shot to death outside.

What’s surprising is that was a murder, too, it seems. Think the going theory was murder suicide
Again, I knew nothing other than looking at a picture and a headline that said “4 dead in fire”...nothing else.

I didn’t read/see this thread until right now. But knew they didn’t die from the fire because that is not normally what happens at a fire in a big house during the day.

They die from the smoke/fire at night but very rarely during the day.

Gotcha.

I vaguely remember the case, but not the details.

I did two murder-suicides here when I was active on the squad. The second one, the gunman blew his head off right in front of us. I'm good.
Never had the pleasure of seeing that! :)

Could the deceased brother have attempted to kill the other brother early in morning by setting his house on fire?

Then the brother came back and killed his family?

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Owner of house in Colts Neck was the brother and a business partner of the man who owned the house in Ocean.

Curious story.
Hmmm... I wonder how this stuff can be connected?

goodfellas_192pyxurz.jpg

Legitmate Organized Mob Hitmen or their contractors don't kill the wives and children for heaven's sake of a target. Big time No No for "morality" purposes as well as not to maximize Heat from Law Enforcement. Thus I have to unfortunately presume that it's either the brother or really low life thugs that did this who have no passion for life of others that are innocent. RIP to all!
This. Mob doesnt kill children and women. Imo considering it happened at the brothers house as well, I’m going with disgruntled former employee or client who absolutely lost it

Apparently the guy was found tied up outside dead

Without knowing anything (and not reading/seeing this thread until now) other than what my younger son showed me from the aerial shots from News12 on our way to his 6pm hockey practice, it’s pretty easy to figure out that this was fishy.

People don’t die in fires like this 1) in a HUGE (relatively speaking) private dwelling 2) during the day.
Yeah, why weren't the kids in school?

My guess is someone got to the house early and prevented it.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
A small family owned technology company and pest control company from Asbury Park? A phony resume mentioning Columbia and Harvard?

Sounds fishy to me from the get go.

Regardless, it’s always a red flag for that many fatalities for a fire during the day at a big private dwelling.
Wasn't questioning if it was a decision of the parents. News report said fire was called in at 12:30. Neighbor said they smelled smoke and thought it was the fireplace. House was on 9 acres. Was probably smoldering for a while.

Oh, come on! You're a True MonCo Bro - you know damn well that architectural style is known as "Guido Modern".
I was just discussing this with a friend (and hope nobody here is offended, because tastes vary). About 10 years ago, the Shifts almost moved from Rumson to Holmdel (we hated Rumson). We found a house in Holmdel and put in an offer. One thing that irked me is the number of houses that had mailboxes surrounded by brick and concrete statues adorning the front yards.

There is a place on Route 34 in Colts Necks that has a shit ton of those large concrete statues, and when I pass buy, I wonder who buys that shit . . .

But one man's concrete or brick beauty is another man's bane, I guess. It's like taste in art and music.

Reactions: RedTeamFan
I was just discussing this with a friend (and hope nobody here is offended, because tastes vary). About 10 years ago, the Shifts almost moved from Rumson to Holmdel (we hated Rumson). We found a house in Holmdel and put in an offer. One thing that irked me is the number of houses that had mailboxes surrounded by brick and concrete statues adorning the front yards.

There is a place on Route 34 in Colts Necks that has a shit ton of those large concrete statues, and when I pass buy, I wonder who buys that shit . . .

But one man's concrete or brick beauty is another man's bane, I guess. It's like taste in art and music.

23 years ago, when my street was new construction, the Model Home was purchased by a genuine Wise Guy. Like actual, for real. His wife put a fountain in the middle of the front lawn and two stone lions at the foot of the driveway. They proceeded to buy a little furball of a dog which they named "Soprano".

He did a 3 year stretch. I saw her at Wegman's a few months ago looking poor.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Wasn't questioning if it was a decision of the parents. News report said fire was called in at 12:30. Neighbor said they smelled smoke and thought it was the fireplace. House was on 9 acres. Was probably smoldering for a while.
Which would lead us to believe dead before the fire even started.

And that’s just from looking at a picture.

Yeah, that's definitely what we're looking at.
I’m at a red light around 5:30 and my kid shows me a quick pic of a big house on fire that has a headline “4 Dead in Colts Neck Fire” and my first thought was...not from the fire.

I’m at a red light around 5:30 and my kid shows me a quick pic of a big house on fire that has a headline “4 Dead in Colts Neck Fire” and my first thought was...not from the fire.

Yeah, I had the benefit of getting reports from my local asst. chief, on scene. He said it was pretty obvious.

Yeah, I had the benefit of getting reports from my local asst. chief, on scene. He said it was pretty obvious.
Unlike say an apartment building a house (and a big one like this) has so many ways to get out. During the day makes it even easier. Unless you’re in the basement, attic or you light yourself on fire there is a good chance some of you get out. Especially if it’s YOUR place and you know the layout.

Private dwelling fatalities are much rarer during the day than the nighttime.

I saw that earlier. Very strange.

The tech company snd pest company were ran out of same office in Asbury Park.
I'm wondering if they did much government contract work. I recall a woman who similarly ran two businesses in very different fields (civil engineering and IT). She did it to take advantage of SBE and MBE set-aside contracts in those fields.

Never driven through Deal have ya?

My wife and I ride our bikes round trip from Asbury Park to Long Branch through Deal all the time. Not a big fan of some of the homes, but none are like this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT