ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite “bad movies”

Just beat me to Johnny Dangerously
And to go with that, we need to add in Gung Ho and Mister Mom to complete our Michael Keaton Film Fest!
Now for a movie that was awful and still is - saw two minutes of Cliffhanger the other day. I mean good grief.
Yeah, I saw that too, channel 101 on Cablevision - what a dreadful movie. Just clicked past it, didn't even want to watch.

Michael J Fox had a string of movies that critics hated but i love. I'll watch them every time they are on:

1) For Love or Money
2) Greedy
3) The Frighteners
4) Secret of My Success

Of those, the Frighteners had the best critic / rotten tomatoes rating. Kind of amazing because they are all $$$!!!!

Death Race 2000 with David Carradine and Sylvestor Stallone. Quite an amusing movie
images

-------------
Fargo was nominated for multiple academy awards, but got juiced out by
"the english patient".... most thought this was a travesty
Siskel and Ebert thought it was one of the best films ever made

it would be hard to put this in the bad category

disagree also with Predator....... rated 4 stars by some reviewers

Car Wash
Groove Tube

I cant put the original Red Dawn on my list because I consider that a cinematic masterpiece

Tremors was well-reviewed, profitable, and has over a 7 on imdb. hardly a bad movie. it's supposed to be a sci-fi comedy.

People who dislike starship troopers just don't appreciate that it's a satire of fascism and military-worship. its an excellent scifi film.

My submission for bad movies is Cool World. That movie is truly bad, but I've watched it more than I care to admit to.

Reactions: Rutgers1982
Haven't seen it on any TV schedule but this terrible movie ( from the 30s) is a must see.

Yes. Bruce Cambell. He would be my nominee for king of the “B” movies. A title he himself embraces.
Loved him in Burn Notice!
My submission for bad movies is Cool World. That movie is truly bad, but I've watched it more than I care to admit to.
That wouldn't be because of Kim Basinger, would it?

Reactions: jmg75
Burt Reynolds is ...

e5bb762b7ac48fbb5209dcc1085df057.jpg

Saw that cover in the video store back in HS. Knew I had to see it. Got lucky and it played a couple of times on cable the same week in college. You can bet we got smashed and enjoyed it to the fullest.

It's even better (worse) than the cover.

-------------
Fargo was nominated for multiple academy awards, but got juiced out by
"the english patient".... most thought this was a travesty
Siskel and Ebert thought it was one of the best films ever made

it would be hard to put this in the bad category

disagree also with Predator....... rated 4 stars by some reviewers

Fargo a real wtf pick for this thread. A genuinely good movie, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT