ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Bingeable/ Weekly Show Right Now…

Didn’t read the whole three … so this may have been discussed. The bookie o prime is an easy 25 minute watch. Stars the comedian Sebastian maltofusco

Monarch - Legacy of Monsters on Apple+ ..... a bit hokey but a fun watch. Kurt Russell and his son Wyatt play an older and younger version of the same character.

Just finished up Wentworth- and Aussie Orange is the new Black- liked the show quite a bit.
Then did the Griselda with Sofia V - nice short series but between Sofia and Zeta-Jones, I am not sure a woman has ever been so flattered by the actresses playing them. Rosanne Barr would have been a better choice. lol Good show though and they did pretty good to try to make Sofia look horrible.

I watched Warrior on HBO a couple years ago on HBO. I think it was originally a Starz series. It had two seasons then went away for a bit and they just released season 3 on Max. Looks like Netflix has all 3 seasons now. if you like a Bruce Lee kind of feel, it’s a pretty good show. It can be quite violent though.

The Outlaws on Prime is a comedy series from Britain which I thought was pretty funny and has a little bit of suspense thrown in as well.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Dragging this corpse of a thread from the beyond, have anyone watched Shogun on Hulu/ Disney +?

Great miniseries but anyone remembers the original when it came out in the 70s?
I remember my parents watching it. It was a big TV broadcast back then.

I've been watching every week on Hulu. I think it is excellent. The series does a good job of capturing the beauty and brutality of the Japanese feudal system in the 1700's.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
and it gives me a new and old series to consider.

Speaking of the 70's and what were ground breaking mini series- does anyone remember rich man, poor man. I remember my Dad watching it every week and we enjoyed it with him.

Reactions: Unionst
"Fallout" on Amazon Prime getting rave reviews.
I payed three of the games so I'll watch it.
They didn't weird-up season one and probably wreck it season 2
I'm sure it helps a lot to have played the game but reviewers insist it doesn't matter.
This reviewer rarely likes anything

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

Speaking of the 70's and what were ground breaking mini series- does anyone remember rich man, poor man. I remember my Dad watching it every week and we enjoyed it with him.
Roots is the first one that comes to mind.

And Upstairs/Downstairs on PBS.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Roots is the first one that comes to mind.

And Upstairs/Downstairs on PBS.
Almost mentioned Roots but since there was a remake...you rarely hear of RMPM anymore and they had actors that became such huge stars. Funny thing- and maybe why my Dad loved it- my to oldest brother were fraternal twins- one grew up to be 6ft blonde blue eyes and the other 5ft7 dark hair brown eyes- dark haired brother was very outgoing and blonde was much more introvert...I think it fell very much in line with the series.

Dragging this corpse of a thread from the beyond, have anyone watched Shogun on Hulu/ Disney +?

Great miniseries but anyone remembers the original when it came out in the 70s?
About a couple episodes behind but I'm enjoying the FX show. Switched over to DIS+ when I realized it was there and you can get it in 4K. I think it's been quite enjoyable.

Too young to see the original with Richard Chamberlain but I think my dad watched it when it came on tv.

I can remember Shogun being on T.V. but was too young to watch/be interested. Watching this current one. Also into "Three Body Problem" on Netflix, that's a fun one. Also trying to get into Apple+'s "Sugar". Kind of a Noir P.I. kind of thing. Also on Apple+ is a great two part documentary on Steve Martin.

Been watching a lot of good TV shows recently.

If I could recommend one - The New Look. Didn't expect to enjoy this, but was mostly set during/right after WWII.

Also great:

Shogun
The Bear
Palm Royale (Hilarious)
Sugar (Wow!)
3 Body Problem
Fool Me Once
The Consultant
The Diplomat
Killing Eve

Pretty good:

Lessons in Chemistry
The Last Thing He Told Me

Last edited:
If you haven't seen The Curse on Showtime, I highly recommend it. It's a black comedy that skewers limousine liberals and has the most bizarre ending of any show I've ever seen.

"Fallout" on Amazon Prime getting rave reviews.
I payed three of the games so I'll watch it.
They didn't weird-up season one and probably wreck it season 2
I'm sure it helps a lot to have played the game bu reviewers insist it doesn't matter.
This reviewer rarely likes anything

yeah.. Fallout is interesting. It seems to me I have noticed a fair amount of satire creeping into productions that is not completely one-sided. This is a good trend. 3 Body Problem mentioned above is one such show.

yeah.. Fallout is interesting. It seems to me I have noticed a fair amount of satire creeping into productions that is not completely one-sided. This is a good trend. 3 Body Problem mentioned above is one such show.

I grew-up near a quarry that flooded with some buildings sticking out. Producers used that spot for the post-apocalyptic vibe.

The reviewer I posted "Critical Drinker" usually tears things apart so when he liked it I figured it must be good. His other reviews are still pretty funny - yet insightful though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Knight177lb

don't recall that but will look
70s were great with Sanford and Son, Archie Bunker, Good Times, Jeffersons, and more. All EXCELLENT shows

70s were great with Sanford and Son, Archie Bunker, Good Times, Jeffersons, and more. All EXCELLENT shows

Throw in "Julia" (#7 in season 1) and "Cosby" from 80s and there were a lot of top hits with black families - not that you would know it from today's critics. Esther Rolle went to Yale, Diahann Carrol to NYU, Thelma to Julliard, John Amos to Colorado St. - not a bunch of ham-n-eggers. I'd watch any of these shows every. Never watched Roseanne once

Throw in "Julia" (#7 in season 1) and "Cosby" from 80s and there were a lot of top hits with black families - not that you would know it from today's critics. Esther Rolle went to Yale, Diahann Carrol to NYU, Thelma to Julliard, John Amos to Colorado St. - not a bunch of ham-n-eggers. I'd watch any of these shows every. Never watched Roseanne once
If you've ever been to a Wisky Rutgers game at home you've already seen it.

Reactions: ashokan
never watched Julia but Cosby was good, very good

the thing about the 70s shows were they resemble how we grew up. None really cared what color you were and we joked about things without everyone getting upset. That said, Archie Bunker and Sanford and Son should play today

Rich man poor man had such a great cast too- Peter Straus, Nick Notke, Susan Blakley, Ed Asner, Bill Bixby, Robert Reed
It’s like the who’s who of tge 70’s.

If you haven't seen The Curse on Showtime, I highly recommend it. It's a black comedy that skewers limousine liberals and has the most bizarre ending of any show I've ever seen.
I get the liberal desires of the couple and the continual failures of appreciation the couple got

I watched the show and waited for some sort of payoff regarding
" the curse"
It wasn't there, and the ending was bizarre and and unsatisfying

Just finished “Fool Me Once” on Netflix. Decent suspense murder mystery. One season only 8 episodes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT