ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Christmas Songs

Don’t really have a top list but do have a never listen to list:

Feliz Navidad by Feliciano
The one Bruce Springsteen “sings”

both illicit feelings of anger and disgust and must be tuned away from immediately!!!

Reactions: RUScrew85
Well... it's almost Christmas Day AND we're also going to get heavy showers, thought I'd post the funniest/grossest Santa scene for the holidays:

The Jack Halloran Singers : Little Drummer Boy

Bing Cosby & Carol Richards: Silver Bells

Nat King Cole :The Christmas Song

Perry Como : Do you hear what I hear

and of course have to included this

I recorded a traditional Christmas album three years ago. My favorite is the first song on the album - Carol of the Bells. Here is the link where you can stream it for free (you can also get it from the usual suspects like Apple Music, Spotify, iTunes, etc)= see below. I also made a short video of Christmas in NYC that features Christmas landmarks with my songs in the background. One more thing - these arrangements will appeal to you if you really like the sound of handbells, because I recorded them for every song on the album. I was a music minor at Rutgers, and finally got to put that part of my degree to good use!

Play Carol of the Bells from "A Christmas Celebration with Handbells and More"

Also If you miss Christmas in NYC, here is a tour of iconic NYC holiday locations from Christmas past.

Rediscovered Tom Petty's Christmas All Over Again this year. Great song.

Also, Louis Armstrong's Zat You Santa Claus... pay attention to the horns at the end... so powerful and loud. Unbelievably good.

When I don't have Cardi B's WAP on repeat, I like anything from King's College Choir.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jm0513
I've had the Christmas music going for a while now as I'm a Christmas junkie. Once Halloween is over it's time. Nothing better then the classics.

Reactions: Section124
Bump...they are phasing out alot of the good ones

I dont hear Christmas Wrapping anywhere anymore

Seems like they rotate a set group of 15-20 songs

Reactions: rurichdog

There's a lot of newer, non-descript ones that you hear more these days. Maybe the Justin Bieber holiday songs mean more to the new demographic, who probably don't know songs like Christmas Wrapping.

Reactions: RUScrew85

I don't hear Christmas Wrapping any more either, and I don't understand why not. Is it even 15-20 songs that are rotated? It seems to me to be fewer than ten songs, with the only variation being in who sings them. Some of the performances are good, but some, OMG. To make it worse, as a poster points out above, the Christmas songs now start as early as Halloween.

Reactions: bac2therac

Yeah you rarely hear that anymore. I did hear it on 101.5 last weekend though.

Not a song per se but I always play Scrooge (from the vinyl), by Lord Buckley at Christmas. It is a spoken word interpretation of Dickens' A Christmas Carol by an amazing comedian raconteur. It was a Vin Scelsa staple at Christmas on WNEW-FM back in the day. It always puts me in the Christmas spirit.

Last edited:
I just saw Billboard's top 100 Christmas song list. I don't agree with most of their top 10:

10 - Donny Hathaway, "This Christmas"
9 - Bruce Springsteen, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
8 - Run-D.M.C., "Christmas in Hollis"
7 - Jose Feliciano, "Fellz Navidad"
6 - Brenda Lee, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"
5 - Bing Crosby, "White Christmas"
4 - Wham!, "Last Christmas"
3 - Nat King Cole, "The Christmas Song" - YES!
2 - Darlene Love, "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"
1 - Mariah Carey, "All I Want For Christmas Is You"

Reactions: Postman_1
I was introduced to this one this year, it's really grown on me:

I heard Christmas Wrapping once, over Thanksgiving weekend. That was it. Haven't heard Christmas Bells (Snoopy vs The Red Baron) at all this year.

Last Christmas & Happy Xmas (War Is Over) are on a never ending loop though.

Haylea Westenra - one of the best singers US people usually never heard of (she's from New Zealand)

I recorded a traditional Christmas album three years ago. My favorite is the first song on the album - Carol of the Bells. Here is the link where you can stream it for free (you can also get it from the usual suspects like Apple Music, Spotify, iTunes, etc)= see below. I also made a short video of Christmas in NYC that features Christmas landmarks with my songs in the background. One more thing - these arrangements will appeal to you if you really like the sound of handbells, because I recorded them for every song on the album. I was a music minor at Rutgers, and finally got to put that part of my degree to good use!

Play Carol of the Bells from "A Christmas Celebration with Handbells and More"

Also If you miss Christmas in NYC, here is a tour of iconic NYC holiday locations from Christmas past.

Nice music and video - I like the models
The bells are nice too - remind me of The Cure a bit (they like chimes)

Oh Holy Night, Performed Live by Asia’s Songbird Miss Regine Velasquez, one of the world’s greatest vocalists:

Anything off this album:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-21-at-7.32.57-PM-1-1024x1007.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT