ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Cocktail?

RW90

All American
Feb 2, 2002
So another post in the Wisconsin arrest thread got me thinking....What is everyone's favorite cocktail?

Me personally, numero uno would clearly be a Manhattan. The first one I ever had being in some Manhattan hotel bar, lol.

Second would be a gin and tonic...

My third I guess would be a Godfather, that is if I'm in the mood for any sweetness.

So another post in the Wisconsin arrest thread got me thinking....What is everyone's favorite cocktail?

Me personally, numero uno would clearly be a Manhattan. The first one I ever had being in some Manhattan hotel bar, lol.

Second would be a gin and tonic...

My third I guess would be a Godfather, that is if I'm in the mood for any sweetness.
Depends on the season. Summer it’s G&T, in winter I love an old fashion

You beat me to it. Tastes just like iced tea too.
Fortunately I've learned the hard way over the years to go slow with Long Island Iced Tea.
My eldest son who bartends at Stage House in Somerset says they're no longer making them for that very reason.

Stopped (for the most part) drinking beer following the Gator Bowl. Lost 9 lbs in a week. 16. in 3 weeks. Started drinking Pineapple High Noons. Switched to Tito's w/Club and splash of pineapple (less "bloaty"). Can drink those all day long (and have kept MOST of the weight off).

Go ahead, make fun of me, I'm good with it!

(oh yeah....those are DOUBLES....with shots of Cas Amigos or Altos, typically, on the side!)

In my youth I mostly drank Tanqueray and Tonics at the NB bars, especially at the Melody, where the quinine would fluoresce a cool blue light under the UV lights. I still drink those and occasionally a LIT, but my favorite mixed drink for many years has been a mimosa, as I love both champagne and OJ - like it with a pink umbrella and have to turn my pinkie up while sipping...

• Haha
Reactions: LeapinLou
In my youth I mostly drank Tanqueray and Tonics at the NB bars, especially at the Melody, where the quinine would fluoresce a cool blue light under the UV lights. I still drink those and occasionally a LIT, but my favorite mixed drink for many years has been a mimosa, as I love both champagne and OJ - like it with a pink umbrella and have to turn my pinkie up while sipping...
You (the weather man) always needs an umbrella!

Old Fashioned and Manhattens when it’s cool. Vodka tonic and Limoncello Spritz on the deck summer evenings.
My neighbor got me started and cursed with old fashions two summers ago

Never had a limoncello till I went to Italy last spring and saw where limoncello was made
The wife drank many that trip

Reactions: LeapinLou
Harvey Wallbanger... sometimes it's a challenge to find Galliano in the south, even in Italian restaurants! Fun drink to order to see the youngster bartenders pulling out their cocktail books and/or a quick searching on their phones. I always invite those newbies to taste it, then see the surprise on their faces of how good it is!

Reactions: RUEd
My summer go to had been vodka & bitter lemon on ice(bitter lemon seems to have disappeared from store shelves since the spring) so I've changed to vodka and strawberry lemonade. Cooler months I'll go with bourbon and ginger ale on ice.

I'm usually a scotch/single malt neat or with one ice cube drinker, but I do enjoy the occasional Old Fashioned or Whisky+Honey/Brown Sugar+some interesting herbal ingredient type of cocktail.

Being pregnant means no cocktails for me, but I've found some great mocktail recipes to enjoy instead. One of my favorites is the virgin mojito, with its minty freshness and zesty lime flavor. I've also made a delicious fruity punch using pineapple juice, orange juice, and a splash of grenadine. And there is also the virgin piña colada—coconut cream, pineapple juice, and crushed ice make for a tropical treat!

Usually a beer guy but when a cocktail is in order a whiskey sour does fine.

Usually beer for me as well, but the go to mixed drink would be Captain & Coke (following in my Dad's footsteps). Also love myself a good Daiquiri (whether it be the real deal or frozen NOLA Drive-Thru style)

1 Part Eric LeGrand Whiskey.
3 Parts Fever Tree Ginger Ale.
On the rocks or with crushed ice.

You want to see a bottle of whiskey go fast? Serve this at your next tailgate.

Reactions: RW90
Manhattan, Old Fashioned, or Sazerac for me. Once in a while I'll go with a Gin Martini. For summer I go with a Stone Cold Margarita (margarita with a float of Grand Marnier on top), or a Kentucky Mule.

Last edited:
Seasonal for me (sadly, beer doesn't agree with me too much anymore) ....

Summer - Hendricks & Tonic/Lime, Shipwreck and Coke/Lime, Top Shelf Margarita Rocks

Winter - Bourbon & Hot Cider, Guinness

All Year Round - Jameson Rocks, Bourbon w/a few cubes

Sweet Vermouth on the rocks with a twist

73IT.gif

Reactions: knightfan7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT