ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Thanksgiving Food

What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

• Total voters
I respectfully recommend the addition of some browned ...

iu
...and the best part.. long expired...

after a slow start on Monday where we saw Sweet Potato of all things running neck and neck, Stuffin really layed the haymaker over the rest of the choices

Candied yams. Sweet potatoes swimming in syrup and brown sugar and butter topped with marshmallows. Make it every year. My sister in law the personal trainer cringes when she sees it,

Reactions: Leonard23
No LoBro on the menu bac?

The only thing on the list that I actually like is stuffing. Turkey is my least favorite meat, meaning I'll eat it, but won't go out of my way for it, which is why we're going to Stage Left today for really good steaks.

The only thing on the list that I actually like is stuffing. Turkey is my least favorite meat, meaning I'll eat it, but won't go out of my way for it, which is why we're going to Stage Left today for really good steaks.

I think every year in this thread you say you don’t like turkey lol

Reactions: RU848789
Stuffing, but it’s got to have it the sausage in it . If not I will say turkey with lots of gravy .
This year we are doing 2 turkeys: one roasted and one fried. Do any of you people have other meats or ethnic specific entrees at thanksgiving?
Wife is Italian so there is always an Italian dish. This year it’s homemade manicotti. I don’t fill up on that because that’s like a regular Sunday dinner meal for us all year. But it is pretty damn good and in most years the manicotti and lasagna go faster than the traditional thanksgiving stuff . What can I say we are dysfunctional!

Some Schiano stuffing with Gary
A big Hobb-big turkey with glaze Barchi sauce

when I do this poll and type other, I am ALWAYS thinking of you hahaha...true story
Thank you sir...
It’s funny...back when I first met my wife, she would go out of her way to add turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes etc to her Caribbean feast- you know, for the white guy and his kids...lol
It took her a couple of years to notice the me and my two young sons at the time, feasted on her Caribbean food and never got to the turkey.
Same with breakfast...the breakfast of choice for holidays and birthdays is a kid and saltfish fried dumplings or festival, and fried plantains
And of course her rum cake with generous amounts of wray & nephew overproof white rum will give you a buzz

That is a big upgrade...isnt it usually McDonalds lol

That is a big upgrade...isnt it usually McDonalds lol
Mickey D's is what I've eaten after not eating much at a traditional T-giving dinner - this time it's just my wife and son and only my wife likes regular TG food, so we overruled her this year, lol...

Wine, it makes everything taste better, doesn't take-up much space in your tummy, and helps if the conversation with the relatives is lets say, boring.

Reactions: RUforester72
Stuffing, but it’s got to have it the sausage in it . If not I will say turkey with lots of gravy .
Gravy has to be homemade for me. It's not hard and I don't understand why people go with the jarred stuff. You slave making this great meal and you're going to put gravy on 60%-70% of it. So you're going to taste the gravy a lot.

One TG at my stepmother in-laws I look up on the fridge and see 6 cans of Franco American gravy in the tin cans. I looked at my mother in-law and said, "look at that". She said, "oh no" and preceded to take the pan drippings and make gravy.

We enjoy this simple menu:
Roasted Turkey
Gravy
Whole cranberry sauce (freshly prepped with orange and honey)
Sweet potato casserole (extra buttery with Jameson as the "secret ingredient")
Roasted vegetables (green beans, asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper)
Cornbread dressing
Sauvignon blanc
Mixed berry crumble w/vanilla ice cream
Coffee

My fav? It's the whole menu, the sum of all those parts, shared with good company, of course.

Give thanks, all. Happy Thanksgiving.

We enjoy this simple menu:
Roasted Turkey
Gravy
Whole cranberry sauce (freshly prepped with orange and honey)
Sweet potato casserole (extra buttery with Jameson as the "secret ingredient")
Roasted vegetables (green beans, asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper)
Cornbread dressing
Sauvignon blanc
Mixed berry crumble w/vanilla ice cream
Coffee

My fav? It's the whole menu, the sum of all those parts, shared with good company, of course.

Give thanks, all. Happy Thanksgiving.

very similar

Side dishes include
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potatoes
Brussels sprouts with pecans and cranberries
Carrots multiple colors with honey
Onions with some type of heavy cream sauce
String beans almandine
Broccoli casserole
2 types of stuffing

Typical low calorie fare

There are also about 7 homemade pies. The big discussion on pies is do you use butter or lard. More controversial than pro or anti Trump.

My nephew married a girl who is a baker and she makes two fantastic cakes. She went to culinary school and has a very successful company. To date she remains silent on the great butter/lard debate.
In order to keep the peace I make sure to enjoy all the pies. It would be so wrong if I showed any favoritism

Same here, Never cared for turkey but it
was a tradition we kept. but I think the
radicals will kill it anyway.

Maybe not this year..
I had a romaine lettuce scare Saturday so I lost like 6lbs.0__0 I'm ready for Thursday though. I have my drawstring waist joggers packed. Lmaoo. I don't
eat the turkey but I make up for it with all the other foods. Enjoy your day Thursday Bac!

Checked a bunch, but have been celebrating with a group of 10, one with a ski house in the Catskills for years. One veggy in the group, and my contribution is a pureed butternut squash and apples with curry. Even the carnivores (me included) like it. Time consuming but easy to make.

Reactions: Jm0513
Stuffing with cranberry and sausage. 2nd place a deep friend turkey.

Too early for this thread. Haven't even planned the menu yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT