ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Former NHL player Adam Johnson killed during hockey game

The "expert" you are referring to is Sean Avery. There's a reason you mostly see him quoted in places like Newsweek and Vogue and not any actual credible source of hockey information. I've been sharpening skates for almost 15 years. Titanium blades aren't thinner, the dimensions are the same. Any skate blade can cut through skin, traditional steel blades are just as dangerous as titanium. I don't know that there is a way to make blades safer while keeping them practical, I think the answer is neck guards and wrist guards--or at least go back to old school gloves with cuffs that actually reach the bottom of the elbow pads.
fair enough.

Reactions: robcac26
Somehow this guy got a standing ovation last night I read. I dont think he tried to kill him but the video I saw I think he was going for a cheap shot. Nobody really knows except him unfortunately. Just a horrible situation all around

Somehow this guy got a standing ovation last night I read. I dont think he tried to kill him but the video I saw I think he was going for a cheap shot. Nobody really knows except him unfortunately. Just a horrible situation all around

LOCK HIM UP
art can't move GIF

After I rewatched the vid I was hoping he’d be charged. There’s no constitutional right to do karate kicks on the ice under any circumstance.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT