ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gavin Wimsatt acclimating well to Kentucky Football

Nevertheless, Gavin was clutch in stressful situations making key passes to win the Michigan State and Miami games.
How the hell was he clutch in the Miami game? He threw for 84 yds on 7/15 and ran for 9 yds. on 9 car.. What was clutch? Running it 2 times from the 1 for TD or running it 3 times from the 1 for TD?

Reactions: WhiteBus
That's fair. I disliked our total commitment to Nova at QB when he'd do stuff that looked much worse than Sitkowski's head-scratchers.. like try to get rid of teh ball while prone, on his way to the turf.. resulting in a backward pass interception. He had SEVERAL of similar "events" and I just don't know how you stick with him after that. And yet, he ended up with an excellent senior year.. was that him finally putting in the work to improve or was it us having Friedgen to coach him? Probably both. But Nova never stepped into his throws under pressure.. he bailed out and threw off his back foot to avoid the hit. I think Caroo bailed Nova out many many times.. throw it up for grabs and Caroo would grab it.

I was hoping GW could have pulled off a Nova-like Senior year at some point.

BTW.. others here wondered whether Minnesota is following AK's move here.. don't know if their papers are.. but their fan board is talking... none too favorably. Interestingly.. AK had a good 2022 for them and a poor 2023.. after the OC came here. Let's hope AK reuniting with his former OC pays dividends and it is AK that ends up with a Nova-like senior year.

Lastly.. while I'd love to see what Wimsatt will do for UK.. it looks like he will not be the starter. I have seen a couple fan-vlogger season preview vids and found the QB discussions and it is someone else they focus on.. QB from Florida. iirc.

"Great list, I wouldn't change anything in the order. I hope we pound Athan and Rutgers this season."

"Great list, I wouldn't change anything in the order. I hope we pound Athan and Rutgers this season."

Ha Ha Ha ! Noelar Bear, "This game might be one of the toughest for Rutgers this year. Their schedule is that easy." More like, Minnesota is one of the team's why it's considered easy.

How the hell was he clutch in the Miami game? He threw for 84 yds on 7/15 and ran for 9 yds. on 9 car.. What was clutch? Running it 2 times from the 1 for TD or running it 3 times from the 1 for TD?
He tush pushed his way to 2 TDs, especially the go ahead one. Also made key throws to facilitate the 2nd TD, especially a 23 yard completion to Dremel. So he was an important factor on 21 of the 31 points.

He tush pushed his way to 2 TDs, especially the go ahead one. Also made key throws to facilitate the 2nd TD, especially a 23 yard completion to Dremel. So he was an important factor on 21 of the 31 points.
Running it 5 times to get 2 yds. is not clutch. You think Gavin's a good quarterback because he ran for 6 touchdowns from inside the 1. You act as if no one else on the team could have done that. Face it Al, you think he's a good QB because he rushed for 11 TD's and you based your findings on a misleading stat.

Last edited:
Nope. That’s not ‘score a touchdown.’ Hope you learned something today.

His point total is zero.

He threw a touchdown pass. I see it in the stats. That means he scored a passing touchdown. It’s in the stats. The receiver also gets credits for a receiving TD. What am I missing?

Reactions: koleszar
Running it 5 times to get 2 yds. is not clutch. You think Gavin's a good quarterback because he ran for 6 touchdowns from inside the 1. You act as if no one else on the team could have done that. Face it Al, you think he's a good QB because he rushed for 11 TD's and you based your findings on a misleading stat.
Gaining 2 yards when everyone is expecting Rutgers to run is not easy. Gavin executed and got it done and that’s all that matters.

Gaining 2 yards when everyone is expecting Rutgers to run is not easy. Gavin executed and got it done and that’s all that matters.

But it wasn’t even 2 consecutive yards. It was two separate instances of 1 yard or less. How often do you think a defense is successful in pulling off a goal line stand on 4 consecutive stuffs at the one yard line? You know the answer for most teams not named OSU, Alabama or Michigan is very rarely. So if forcing a FG there is really difficult for the D, the reverse must logically be true for the offense. Sure - crazy things happen - fumbles, etc. But the odds are very much in favor of the offense in this situation.

He threw a touchdown pass. I see it in the stats. That means he scored a passing touchdown. It’s in the stats. The receiver also gets credits for a receiving TD. What am I missing?
No, that’s not scoring. You said he scored. Totally wrong, and a bizarre view.

I was very bothered after his 1 series and TD pass that Schiano put his baby back in. It smelled of avoiding a QB controversy at the expense of possibly winning a few more games. Very disturbing, protecting his favorite player like that at a critical point in the game and season. Inexcusable and was one of the primary examples of why I think Schiano is quite lacking in the football IQ and in-game coaching realms. All in all, an average coach. Does less with more.

Last edited:
No, that’s not scoring. You said he scored. Totally wrong, and a bizarre view.

I was very bothered after his 1 series and TD pass that Schiano put his baby back in. It smelled of avoiding a QB controversy at the expense of possibly winning a few more games. Very disturbing, protecting his favorite player like that at a critical point in the game and season. Inexcusable and was one of the primary examples of why I think Schiano is quite lacking in the football IQ and in-game coaching realms. All in all, an average coach. Does less with more.

Let’s poll the board. How many folks don’t consider a touchdown pass a score? My guess is your the only one who would say that’s a bizarre take.

LOL. Ok, poll away. Don’t weasel out with ambiguous wording. You claim Simon scored a TD. You must phrase it like that.

“Did Simon score a touchdown against Wisconsin ?” must be your poll.

I’m at a loss for words. I cannot believe anyone would think that. Simon absolutely did not score a touchdown.

LOL. Ok, poll away. Don’t weasel out with ambiguous wording. You claim Simon scored a TD. You must phrase it like that.

“Did Simon score a touchdown against Wisconsin ?” must be your poll.

I’m at a loss for words. I cannot believe anyone would think that. Simon absolutely did not score a touchdown.

Sure - okay fine. Word it however you want. The stat book credits both the passer and the receiver with a TD. A TD is a type of score in football. I’m happy to agree that you could twist what I said in a pretzel and find a way to justify your original question but there is nothing remotely “bizarre” about what I posted. If anything - it’s bizarre that you doubled down on your argument with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoquat63
This is clearly an attempt to get get opposing defenses to not stack the box when Gavin comes in for his gadget package by doing some offseason PR disinformation to suggest that he's a passing threat.
I didn’t think of this. Could definitely be the case. It’s preseason edited film. Meaningless.

Sure - okay fine. Word it however you want. The stat book credits both the passer and the receiver with a TD. A TD is a type of score in football. I’m happy to agree that you could twist what I said in a pretzel and find a way to justify your original question but there is nothing remotely “bizarre” about what I posted. If anything - it’s bizarre that you doubled down on your argument with this.
Ha ha ha. no poll. Didn’t think so. I didn’t twist anything. You said Simon scored a touchdown. He absolutely did not.

A TD pass is not a touchdown. Period. Nor is a basketball assist counted as a score, which you must not know either.

Ha ha ha. no poll. Didn’t think so. I didn’t twist anything. You said Simon scored a touchdown. He absolutely did not.

A TD pass is not a touchdown. Period. Nor is a basketball assist counted as a score, which you must not know either.

The point is 100% of posters knew exactly what I meant in the original post. I said Evan only had one meaningful drive and he scored a TD. Had you simply responded - technically he “threw a TD” or “we scored a TD that Evan threw”, I would’ve just given you a thumbs up and that would’ve been that. Congrats on being unnecessarily obnoxious.

The point is 100% of posters knew exactly what I meant in the original post. I said Evan only had one meaningful drive and he scored a TD. Had you simply responded - technically he “threw a TD” or “we scored a TD that Evan threw”, I would’ve just given you a thumbs up and that would’ve been that. Congrats on being unnecessarily obnoxious.
Don't feed it. Give it a hug!
Movie Hug GIF by DreamWorks Trolls

• Haha
Reactions: koleszar
But it wasn’t even 2 consecutive yards. It was two separate instances of 1 yard or less. How often do you think a defense is successful in pulling off a goal line stand on 4 consecutive stuffs at the one yard line? You know the answer for most teams not named OSU, Alabama or Michigan is very rarely. So if forcing a FG there is really difficult for the D, the reverse must logically be true for the offense. Sure - crazy things happen - fumbles, etc. But the odds are very much in favor of the offense in this situation.
Yes, the offense had the advantage, but Gavin still got the job done in those situations.

Yes, the offense had the advantage, but Gavin still got the job done in those situations.

Offenses with a blocking TE and WRs that cant catch contested balls means its either the RB or QB trying to score and defenses like the clarity. For many years RU specialized in RZ three and outs

Reactions: rutgersal
Because you tripled down on wrong. Oooh, let’s do a poll to prove Shelby wrong. Oooh, the stats credit him with a a TD. That’s why the smackdown. You probably still think Simon scored a TD lolol.

Hands down this is the most absurd view about the game and stats on this site ever (Fieldhouse Al’s optimism is a separate category of stupid).

But, since you finally acknowledge being totally wrong, Shelby will move on.

Because you tripled down on wrong. Oooh, let’s do a poll to prove Shelby wrong. Oooh, the stats credit him with a a TD. That’s why the smackdown. You probably still think Simon scored a TD lolol.

Hands down this is the most absurd view about the game and stats on this site ever (Fieldhouse Al’s optimism is a separate category of stupid).

But, since you finally acknowledge being totally wrong, Shelby will move on.

No Shelby. I didn’t triple down on anything. You went out of your way to be obnoxious. Not me. The only point I was making with the poll was that I’m fairly certain everyone who read my post knew exactly what I meant. Most people think of the passing game with regard to QBs and scoring TDs. As I said before - I’d have had no problem if you felt the need to simply correct the technicality rather than be a jerk but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Thats why so many people have you on ignore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT