ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Harvard at Yale

MadRU

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2001
What a game. Harvard leads almost the entire game. Mostly double digits. With just over 2 minutes Yale goes on a big run to get it down to 2. They foul Harvard who make both to lead by 4. Yale comes down a hits a banked three and was fouled with 2 seconds left. The refs take a lot of time to decide the time left. The guy misses the foul shot. Harvard wins by 1. The kid that missed the foul shot hit big shot after big shot down the stretch. Crazy finish, feel bad for the kid.

What a game. Harvard leads almost the entire game. Mostly double digits. With just over 2 minutes Yale goes on a big run to get it down to 2. They foul Harvard who make both to lead by 4. Yale comes down a hits a banked three and was fouled with 2 seconds left. The refs take a lot of time to decide the time left. The guy misses the foul shot. Harvard wins by 1. The kid that missed the foul shot hit big shot after big shot down the stretch. Crazy finish, feel bad for the kid.
It's a fun league to watch in football and basketball

Sounds like a great game. It’s friday night and the game is over? Ivy League has some weird schedule because I guess they want the kids to actually go to a few classes

Sounds like a great game. It’s friday night and the game is over? Ivy League has some weird schedule because I guess they want the kids to actually go to a few classes
iirc in many sports they used to plan long weekends with 4 schools at one location to play eachother. Not sure they still do that. But Friday games would fit that.

Reactions: Plum Street
In league games take place only on Fridays and Saturdays. With an 8 team league it is very manageable. 2 teams are paired and both are either home or away each weekend. So for example, Harvard pairs with Dartmouth and plays Yale on Friday and then Brown on Saturday. Dartmouth plays at Brown on Friday and then at Yale on Saturday. Princeton is paired with Penn and Cornell with Columbia. The early start was probably for TV.

Reactions: Plum Street
In league games take place only on Fridays and Saturdays. With an 8 team league it is very manageable. 2 teams are paired and both are either home or away each weekend. So for example, Harvard pairs with Dartmouth and plays Yale on Friday and then Brown on Saturday. Dartmouth plays at Brown on Friday and then at Yale on Saturday. Princeton is paired with Penn and Cornell with Columbia. The early start was probably for TV.

Thanks. I read up on it and seems next year changes coming

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT