ADVERTISEMENT

OT: If I hear/see one more thing about Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift........

Good one Shift, glad you noticed.
Always puts a smile on my face when I see my feelings mean something to someone
funny-thank-you-pug-smile-8k9bd1x09ollpsqu.gif
When you make MBG, you can hang with me and @rutgersal

Reactions: Scarlet1984
here's a pop up quiz...........name me 5 of the beatles top ten songs and five of taylor swifts top ten songs................i'll start with the beatles.. she loves you, hey jude, yesterday, i wanna hold your hand,get back. and let it be.....i threw in one extra,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now i'll name taylors ????????????????????
sorry, maybe it's cause i'm so fking old........my niece went to texas to see miss swift and paid 1,000 bucks . her parents paid that is, but what the fudge am i missing here beside me being a fossil lol

Let’s please not debate this here. Please.

But since this thread is kind of on its last legs…

Are you guys aware that some people have found a way to make this friendship a political issue?

No need for further comment. But look it up. I’m glad none of that made its way here.

(Again, all information is available with basic google searches. We don’t need to clutter this thread and debate it.)

Madonna had great sex appeal and TS All American girl vibe - Madonna more my type in looks. Madonna definitely had that 'Diva - I'm going to say and do what I want for shock value' personality while Taylor seems more down to earth with a good sense of humor - so TS more my type in personality.

People are quick to forget how ground breaking Madonna was. In a time with zero tik tok and other forms of social media. The metamorphoses and longevity while still selling records as yet to be equalled and that includes by Taylor

People are quick to forget how ground breaking Madonna was. In a time with zero tik tok and other forms of social media. The metamorphoses and longevity while still selling records as yet to be equalled and that includes by Taylor
This…there is no Gaga, TS, Arianna tiny, Miley, Beyoncé, and so on without Madonna. There are many better singers, but no one put on a show like she did…period.

One more thing while music is way more accessible to the world and there are probably more people making music, the actual competition at the top is much narrower. The playlist of pop music top 40 radio is even more tighter than it was in the 80s. Its filled with one off tik toks and one hit wonders so an artist like Taylor has cornered the market

I mean truly compare the current laughable top 100 to one in 1983

I know because i use to teligiously consume the Billboard charts. Basically by the late 2000s the charts lost their luster. Not many will remember much of this weeks top 10

This…there is no Gaga, TS, Arianna tiny, Miley, Beyoncé, and so on without Madonna. There are many better singers, but no one put on a show like she did…period.

And there were some before her obviously Diana Ross was a peak performer from the 60s to the 80s who was able to cross generations

Taylor screams milk toast to me. Sorry i want some spice. Plus Dolly Parton blows her out of the water

• Haha
Reactions: BossNJ
And there were some before her obviously Diana Ross was a peak performer from the 60s to the 80s who was able to cross generations

Taylor screams milk toast to me. Sorry i want some spice. Plus Dolly Parton blows her out of the water
Madonna broke through and pushed boundaries of the time forward…stuff…for good or bad, which is normal now. TS is not a boundary pusher…and she doesn’t have to be.

Madonna and Micheal Jackson reached legend status due to their timing/synergy with the launch of MTV. Both took full advance of the new media.

Reactions: RC1978 and mdk01
I find it hilarious that the OP @RULoyal starts a thread saying he will jam a pencil in his eye if he hears more about Travis and Taylor. Then keeps responding to posts. Most be a down low (DL) fan of Travis or Taylor Swift. Obviously he has a boner for one of them. This thread is on 7 pages and no end in sight!

I find it hilarious that the OP @RULoyal starts a thread saying he will jam a pencil in his eye if he hears more about Travis and Taylor. Then keeps responding to posts. Most be a down low (DL) fan of Travis or Taylor Swift. Obviously he has a boner for one of them. This thread is on 7 pages and no end in sight!
Relax Shortbus.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Diclaimer: I hardly read any of this thread.....Anyhow, 3k views and already over 250+ replies. Just goes to show she is relevant and in many people's heads. This has potential to bust open Al's cheerleader, obsession thread records which says alot.

Reactions: RAHWAYBOB

If I had a choice between one Swift album or a Madonna allbum to own I would take the first Madonna album.

However Madonna was not as "ground breaking" as people think.
Her songs came out of R&B and club (dance) music.
In fact she was first prodiuced by black producers and promoted to black music stations.
Her photo was intentionally left out because promoters wanted people to think she was black.

Her fist hit - "Holiday" was created by Curtis Hudson and Lisa Stevens-Crowder for their own group "Pure Energy." Reggie Lucas produced "Madonna" album and DJ Jellybean Benitez remixed it with dance club flourishes. Madonna's talent was showing-up for work and being a dancer who was well familiar with club scene. The "Madonna" album was recorded at a NYC branch of a Philly Soul studio.

Music execs found Madonna "weird" but punk look was around (Lauper had same look and practically the same vocals) so it wasn't a hindrance. Madonna had so many influences and helpers they argued for years about who created her. No such issue for Swift who just began as a teen with a guitar and a pen. Now she has more awards than Madonna including "Album of the Year" grammy (3 to Madonna's 0).

Madonna and Swift are friends btw

Last edited:
Reactions: BossNJ
here's a pop up quiz...........name me 5 of the beatles top ten songs and five of taylor swifts top ten songs................i'll start with the beatles.. she loves you, hey jude, yesterday, i wanna hold your hand,get back. and let it be.....i threw in one extra,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now i'll name taylors ????????????????????
sorry, maybe it's cause i'm so fking old........my niece went to texas to see miss swift and paid 1,000 bucks . her parents paid that is, but what the fudge am i missing here beside me being a fossil lol
I can name 5 for each in seconds and I guarantee you almost everyone under 20 can name far more TS songs than Beatles songs. That's just the way pop music is. I think the Beatles are incomparable, musically, and I don't think anyone has approached the level of fan insanity they engendered, when they had the whole world watching their every move. But what I don't get is people denigrating TS, claiming she's not a talented songwriter, singer, and producer and a very smart businesswoman, which is either stupidity or sour grapes of some sort.

Ms. Swift is going to be at the Chiefs-Jets game, so the SwiftMania is likely going to go through the roof and keep this thread going for at least another week.

"I don't know how large the debate was, but I did see the debate," Swift said. "I have a lyric that says, ‘With my Eagles t-shirt hanging from the door.' I saw some people wondering if it was the band the Eagles or the team the Eagles, and I love the band the Eagles, but guys, come on. I'm from Philly. Of course it's the team."

• Wow
Reactions: redking
Madonna broke through and pushed boundaries of the time forward…stuff…for good or bad, which is normal now. TS is not a boundary pusher…and she doesn’t have to be.
....nor does she want to be a boundary pusher like that. I think TS's thing was she always wanted to be the nice girl, and it WORKS! An edgier Taylor came out musically when she was called a liar by Kanye/Kim Kardashian and she went into seclusion for a bit. However on the whole if I had a kid who was into TS I'd be all for it - some of those others mentioned I might have some hesitation. She goes out of her way to try to do the right thing by her fans, and has a good, genuine energy about her.

I think she cares a lot what people think now.
Acting like a ho just came natural to Madonna and she set a template for that kind of "art".
Christina Aguilera made a hard turn into skandom with her "Dirty" vid/song..
Lady Gaga was almost a carbon copy of Madonna with her sperm costumes and village people dancers.
Then Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus) bacame a kooky sleeze - that was the template for a career arc.
Being an innocent kid and then going adult thot.
Then Swift comes around staying the ingenue over her career and blowing the others way.
Now Cyrus is cleaning-up her look and doing interviews saying she was young and "made immature mistakes."

Parents were shelling-out big money to take Lil Buffy to Eras gigs because they see Swift as a role model compared to the others. Swift wants to be attractive but not "sexy" in a thot sort of way. That leaves some guys flat but for young girls its an upgrade over the standard and usual.

rO3TqUn.jpg
I think this is a very fair look at TS success. She is a role model in that she never went through that whorish let’s get tatted up and parade around in our underwear look. TS more than anything is a business genius. She took control of her career and has done amazing things with it, I.e. has made maybe a billion dollars over her career already and with the ability to make tons more.

I think this is a very fair look at TS success. She is a role model in that she never went through that whorish let’s get tatted up and parade around in our underwear look. TS more than anything is a business genius. She took control of her career and has done amazing things with it, I.e. has made maybe a billion dollars over her career already and with the ability to make tons more.

Her father was a broker for Merrill Lynch and her mother was in mutual funds so TS had a good start with businesss principles. What's also curious is that the crazed Beatlemania type thing is happening as she gets older. She's been putting records out for 17 years but fans are going bonkers more than ever

Check outr first minutes of "Cornelia Street" song in Mexico. Those kids were nuts. That song (2019) in a calmer atmosphere also shows how she can play and compared to earlier version that was almost disco track without acoustic guitar. Its one of her adult songs. When she sings she talks and when she talks she sings

Cornelia in Paris

Original

Last edited:
Some of her songs are okay.. my daughter has liked her since she was 3. Lol
I personally love this one…

And..

Reactions: ashokan
Her father was a broker for Merrill Lynch and her mother was in mutual funds so TS had a good start with businesss principles. What's also curious is that the crazed Beatlemania type thing is happening as she gets older. She's been putting records out for 17 years but fans are going bonkers more than ever

Check outr first minutes of "Cornelia Street" song in Mexico. Those kids were nuts. That song (2019) in a calmer atmosphere also shows how she can play and compared to earlier version that was almost disco track without acoustic guitar. Its one of her adult songs. When she sings she talks and when she talks she sings

Cornelia in Paris

Original

Yes he was a Merrill broker. I pulled his broker reporrt and he was listed as a contact on about 15 of her companies. I guess the attorneys tell you to incorporate or LLC every entity as it’s own stand alone co. It stood out to me that her company for her private jets and real estate both were stand alone company’s. Same with her music business there was TS touring co. TS Merchandising co. TS Entertainment co. And on and on. While I am not an attorney I guess the thinking is if one company gets sued it won’t take down the entire operation.
Anyhow, her success comes with a price. I used to follow her fathers Facebook page. He was a trump supporter and had some posts about trump. TS’s fans threw a hissy fit and then a few days later his Facebook page was gone. Such is life.

Are people seriously comparing Taylor Swift, a corporate created pop singer, with Elvis, the Beatles and Michael Jackson?

Have you heard her music? Have you listened to the lyrics?

You will feel dumber after you do. I am not too old to be completely outside the target audience and I can't name one song. The one's I've heard beyond some of the big hits contain some of the poorest written lyrics I've heard in major pop music.

The number of song-writers, engineers and experienced studio musicians putting together 'her' music could likely fill your office space. They deserve the credit for making her music catchy.

The general population may be getting dumber as time goes on, but that doesn't mean that she's as talented or as famous as some of the greats that have graced our ears in the last 100 years. I'm not condoning Michael Jackson in his later years but he's the closest comparison given his music. The King of Pop had more talent in his pinky finger than Taylor Swift has in her whole being.
Balogna and I’m no fan of Taylor swift.

One has to give credit where it’s due, no I do not believe a Taylor Swift is a lyrical genius in the way McCartney, Dylan and Eminem are, however her lyrics when compared to other ‘pop’ music actually has some level of creativity.

At the end of the day, her following and influence is unlike anything we’ve seen in the last 30 years.. I think we can all agree on that. If the old heads wanna debate about Elvis, the Beatles, MJ, old man River and whomever else that’s fine, modern day Taylor Swift is arguably the most recognizable star globally (its her or Messi) and has more influence from a musician than anyone we’ve seen in the 21st century…

Reactions: RC1978
I get a kick out of it.

Be ready though once this relationship ends the next step is Pete Davidson.
In other news completely under the radar apparently Kim has been talking with OBJ…. At least that’s what my wife tells me

Yes he was a Merrill broker. I pulled his broker reporrt and he was listed as a contact on about 15 of her companies. I guess the attorneys tell you to incorporate or LLC every entity as it’s own stand alone co. It stood out to me that her company for her private jets and real estate both were stand alone company’s. Same with her music business there was TS touring co. TS Merchandising co. TS Entertainment co. And on and on. While I am not an attorney I guess the thinking is if one company gets sued it won’t take down the entire operation.
Anyhow, her success comes with a price. I used to follow her fathers Facebook page. He was a trump supporter and had some posts about trump. TS’s fans threw a hissy fit and then a few days later his Facebook page was gone. Such is life.

Yes her folks were more or less conservative but mum is a stage mother.
Swift was supposed to do a GOP convention not long ago but she moved to NYC and got all "patriarchy" which is funny since he pops did a lot for her. She had a bad manager and now we all pay lol. Taylor wanted to endorse a Dem woman in TN because the woman was passing some anti-stalking bill. Her father got nervous she would lose fans - and he was complaining he would have to buy more armored cars lol.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
I called it in my post #159.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT