ADVERTISEMENT

OT: insane road rage story on Route 287; not far from Piscataway

Many insane people out there

Did you see the story of the 6 year old killed in California ina road rage incident

The mom gave the guy the finger and he shot into her trunk and the bullet went through the trunk and car seat and into her sons back

I was on the Palisades on Saturday and had to play defensive driver as 2 cars were in full road rage craziness that put everyone in their general vicinity at risk.. Seems that there has been a spike as the roads have begun to get more crowded.

I always thought of road rage as a kid's thing, but the youngest is 32 years old. It seems like even some older people have an issue with self control.

Did you see the story of the 6 year old killed in California ina road rage incident

The mom gave the guy the finger and he shot into her trunk and the bullet went through the trunk and car seat and into her sons back

Many SMFs out there.
Did they arrest that twisted psycho who killed the child ?

I think the world is in for some serious mental health breakdowns coming off the pandemic. Everyone really needs a nice, long vacation.
Hate to break it to you…this same world you speak of was full of insane, violent, volatile and hair-trigger loons LONG before covidiocy…that won’t get fixed with a vacay…

Reactions: bac2therac
Hate to break it to you…this same world you speak of was full of insane, violent, volatile and hair-trigger loons LONG before covidiocy…that won’t get fixed with a vacay…

True. But they haven't had to drive in heavy traffic for a year so it's manifesting itself more as they become reacquainted.

Many SMFs out there.
Did they arrest that twisted psycho who killed the child ?
Last I heard they have not identified a person yet

I cannot imagine what the mom is going through with having given the finger. I am sure she never imagined this would be the result but I would be tormenting myself if I had done it.

Jeez. That's nuts.

I gave an entirely out of control, ranting, road-raging woman in an SUV the finger on Sunday. Guess I was lucky that all she did was try (and fail, hilariously) to throw a soda at my car. But she seemed irrationally angry enough to have taken a shot, and not just at me, if she had a gun.

Weird thing about this situation is that nobody was doing anything remotely wrong. I was one car in a long line of cars on a one-lane 35mph road. Lots of pedestrians and cyclists about, so everybody was going the speed limit, occasionally dipping a bit below when going past folks cycling or walking on the shoulder. Totally normal driving by everyone. She was two cars back, riding the ass of the guy behind me, which was forcing him closer and closer to me.

She was getting angrier and angrier, leaning on her horn, for who knows what reason. At one point, she went onto the shoulder and pulled right up side by side with the car behind me. He's getting flustered, she's getting angrier, and I'm just watching all this in my rearview mirror. Eventually, she got past the guy behind me and got close up behind me, ranting and yelling who knows what at me now. So I gave her the finger. Naturally.

At that point she totally lost it, and tried to get even closer behind me and toss the soda at my car. But at 30-35mph, it got all over the front of her SUV instead. Physics not being her strongest subject, apparently. 😀

I thought about pulling over and confronting her at that point, but I figured she was so totally out of control, maybe drunk, and she might've rammed my car or something else stupid. And I really like this car, which cannot be easily replaced. So I took off, left her behind at a red light, laughing at her.

I still kind of wonder what had her so pissed off. Hope she doesn't have any kids, because that kind of irrational anger and parenthood ain't a good mix.

Last edited:
Jeez. That's nuts.

I gave an entirely out of control, ranting, road-raging woman in an SUV the finger on Sunday. Guess I was lucky that all she did was try (and fail, hilariously) to throw at soda at my car. But she seemed irrationally angry enough to have taken a shot, and not just at me, if she had a gun.

Weird thing about this situation is that nobody was doing anything remotely wrong. I was one car in a long line of cars on a one-lane 35mph road. Lots of pedestrians and cyclists about, so everybody was going the speed limit, occasionally dipping a bit below when going past folks cycling or walking on the shoulder. Totally normal driving by everyone. She was two cars back, riding the ass of the guy behind me, which was forcing him closer and closer to me.

She was getting angrier and angrier, leaning on her horn, for who knows what reason. At one point, she went onto the shoulder and pulled right up side by side with the car behind me. He's getting flustered, she's getting angrier, and I'm just watching all this in my rearview mirror. Eventually, she got past the guy behind me and got close up behind me, ranting and yelling who knows what at me now. So I gave her the finger. Naturally.

At that point she totally lost it, and tried to get even closer behind me and toss the soda at my car. But at 30-35mph, it got all over the front of her SUV instead. Physics not being her strongest subject, apparently. 😀

I thought about pulling over and confronting her at that point, but I figured she was so totally out of control, maybe drunk, and she might've rammed my car or something else stupid. And I really like this car, which cannot be easily replaced. So I took off, left her behind at a red light, laughing at her.

I still kind of wonder what had her so pissed off. Hope she doesn't have any kids, because that kind of irrational anger and parenthood ain't a good mix.
You want to see road rage try driving one of my dump trucks. People are always riding our asses or trying to cut us off. We always laugh. We weight at least 4 times as much empty and are wrapped in steel, you're wrap in plastic. No doubt about it, we're going to get the better of this one. You might scratch my bumper, I'll rip your whole back end off.

32 is the new 15
There's some truth to that, I think. While definitely not true for all kids, my generation has, for whatever reasons, seemingly raised more than it's fair share of kids who seem to mature more slowly than kids of parents from earlier generations. Lot more helicopter parenting, lot more spoiling, lot less letting one's kids do their own thing. Today, kids are driven to school and to their little league and soccer and other sports games, watched closely the whole time, and driven home.

Most kids of my generation went outside in the morning, played all day with friends, and got back home around when it got dark. We didn't have arranged play dates. We walked to and from school (or to and from the bus stop) alone or with friends. Walked to, or if too far, were dropped off at, our various sports games, and while our parents might stay and watch sometimes, for most kids, it wasn't every time. Most of us didn't have our parents hovering over us and checking our every decision on every little thing, proof-reading our entrance exams for college, suing schools that gave us Bs in Math, or for giving too much homework, etc.

The inevitable result of this weird helicopter parenting is kids that are treated like kids until they flee from home at which point they struggle to adapt to having to behave like adults for the first time.

It's not the kid's fault. Not even a little bit.

There's some truth to that, I think. While definitely not true for all kids, my generation has, for whatever reasons, seemingly raised more than it's fair share of kids who seem to mature more slowly than kids of parents from earlier generations. Lot more helicopter parenting, lot more spoiling, lot less letting one's kids do their own thing. Today, kids are driven to school and to their little league and soccer and other sports games, watched closely the whole time, and driven home.

Most kids of my generation went outside in the morning, played all day with friends, and got back home around when it got dark. We didn't have arranged play dates. We walked to and from school (or to and from the bus stop) alone or with friends. Walked to, or if too far, were dropped off at, our various sports games, and while our parents might stay and watch sometimes, for most kids, it wasn't every time. Most of us didn't have our parents hovering over us and checking our every decision on every little thing, proof-reading our entrance exams for college, suing schools that gave us Bs in Math, or for giving too much homework, etc.

The inevitable result of this weird helicopter parenting is kids that are treated like kids until they flee from home at which point they struggle to adapt to having to behave like adults for the first time.

It's not the kid's fault. Not even a little bit.
Yes . It is a different world though.

Jeez. That's nuts.

I gave an entirely out of control, ranting, road-raging woman in an SUV the finger on Sunday. Guess I was lucky that all she did was try (and fail, hilariously) to throw at soda at my car. But she seemed irrationally angry enough to have taken a shot, and not just at me, if she had a gun.

Circa 1987. I'm driving an 8 year Chevette on the NJT. Some guy in an almost new 260Z pulls a bone headed move and cuts me off. He's just in front of me and I flip him the bird. He pulls unto the right lane and slows down, pulling even with me. He starts screaming, though its winter and everybody's windows are closed, and shaking his fist. He the starts to swerve like he's going to sideswipe me. I look over and look like I'm inspecting his car. I the shrug my shoulders and signal with me hand to go ahead and side swipe me. At point he notices what I'm driving,,snakes his fist and accelerates away.

Reactions: colbert17
32 is the new 15
I had a scary road rage incident on 495 coming into Hoboken a few years back - dude was 68 and a total scumbag.

He did time for threatening to kill a federal judge in Connecticut. 5 foot nothing with severe little guy complex

I filed a police report and he did the same. Both claiming reckless driving

Judge lectured both of us and strongly suggested to drop the charges, which we did

• Wow
Reactions: redking
You want to see road rage try driving one of my dump trucks. People are always riding our asses or trying to cut us off. We always laugh. We weight at least 4 times as much empty and are wrapped in steel, you're wrap in plastic. No doubt about it, we're going to get the better of this one. You might scratch my bumper, I'll rip your whole back end off.
One of my self-preservation rules of the road is to always give the "bigger boat" the right of way in all situations. I don't care who the law says has the right of way in any marginal situation. Because big heavy trucks cannot stop quickly, cannot maneuver quickly, and can easily do deadly damage if there's an accident. Just let them go and keep your distance.

People who ignore that and cut off or tailgate trucks are being all possible kinds of stupid tightly stuffed into a single-use disposable package.

I really lack an understanding of some people when they're driving. There's this total lack of situational awareness and a pure ignorance of some extremely basic laws of physics taking place. Even worse, if not on the highway, then a high percentage of the time, it's a situation where the irate driver has zero hope of getting anywhere any faster anyway. They're risking an accident or stroke for a miniscule gain at best.

Yeah, on the highway, things are different and it's quite possible to gain a ton of time if one is willing to drive fast enough, and traffic conditions permit it. But not in or around towns. Not without running lights and stop signs, at least.

Circa 1987. I'm driving an 8 year Chevette on the NJT. Some guy in an almost new 260Z pulls a bone headed move and cuts me off. He's just in front of me and I flip him the bird. He pulls unto the right lane and slows down, pulling even with me. He starts screaming, though its winter and everybody's windows are closed, and shaking his fist. He the starts to swerve like he's going to sideswipe me. I look over and look like I'm inspecting his car. I the shrug my shoulders and signal with me hand to go ahead and side swipe me. At point he notices what I'm driving,,snakes his fist and accelerates away.
I don't get how people in the tri-state area are so offended by being given the finger. I do something dumb, and someone flips me the bird, I'm gonna nod and point to myself and say yep, I screwed up. I'd be glad the person avoided an accident. Probably, in your case, that guy's guilt, knowing he's the one that screwed up, is what caused the conflict that caused him to get irate.

I was pulling out of my driveway (forwards) the other day in a pretty low car. There were cars parked along my street so it was hard to see what was coming, so I went very slowly, inching out. I get out far enough, nose of the car still on the driveway apron, not as far out as the parked cars, and I can see through the windows of the parked car on my right that a car is flying up my street really fast. So I stop and wait. Turns out to be a teenager that clearly isn't paying attention, maybe doing 40-45 in a 25. He doesn't notice me until he's right on top of my driveway, at which point it freaks him out a little. So what does he do? He slow, slightly, glares at me as he blows by. 😀

Like it's my fault he's racing down a residential street with cars parked along both sides and he's busy chatting with his buddy instead of paying attention. I mean, I just saved the asshole's life by taking things slow, being cautious and alert. He should apologizing for putting everybody on the street at risk, and even thanking me. But nope, in his mind, I'm the bad guy because he got scared when he noticed me waiting to pull out, even though all I'm doing is sitting there, not even sticking out past the apron of my driveway.

I'm being a little hypocritical here. At that kid's age, I probably drove way too fast on residential streets too. And I'd probably have glared at me for scaring me like that too.

If true identities were known the CE board would be a lot nicer. The anonymous fact allows for many to pop shit. It’s the only time they feel like tough guys protected by there computer and smart phone.
I can honestly say that I've never said a single thing on the CE board or any other forum anywhere that I wouldn't say to a person's face. Not because I think I'm some kind of tough guy. People who think they're so tough they can say or do whatever they want are being really stupid. Because a tough guy's no tougher than a total wuss when pissing off some psychotic who waits in the bushes at night and shoots us from behind while we open our front door.

I think a lot of folks on the CE board would be just as unkind in person, to be honest. I'm only ever unkind to those who are being unkind to others. I could say the same things to them face to face and they won't care any more than I'd care what they say to my face. The people you need to watch out for are the people not saying much of anything at all.

Jeez. That's nuts.

So d'ya get her number?

When a girl would ask me what kind of car I had the eyes would light up when I told them I drove a 'Vette.
Pretty funny when we got to the parking lot and they saw it was a Chevette.

So d'ya get her number?
If she’d actually managed to get soda on/in my car, I would’ve gotten a lot more than her number.

Don’t get me wrong. I could love me a mean and viciously angry woman as much as the next guy. If she wanted to beat me, whip me, make me write bad checks and all, I’d be fine with that. If she wanted to chain me to the wall and hit baseballs at me all day, not a problem. Hell, a few line-drives to my face would probably do me a world of good, right? Could only improve my looks.

But this is a car we’re talking about here. Hurting a guy’s car is only a small step above hurting a guy‘s dog, ya know? Cruel and unusual.

• Haha
Reactions: m1ipabrams
I did road rage on an asshole taxi driver outside my apartment at 10pm on a Sunday night. Dude was stuck in some kinda traffic jam and kept leaning on his horn. So I went to the kitchen and got a bunch of ice cubes and threw them down on his taxi (hint, ice doesn't leave behind evidence). The guy still kept leaning on his horn, and these assholes encourage other assholes to lean on their horns too.

I went down in my bathrobe and started storming menacingly at the taxi. Dude knew what was coming and rolled up his window. I grabbed his windshield wiper and said "I hear your horn one more time and both of these come off". Then the asshole in a Mercedes behind him started leaning his horn so I pointed at him and he put both hands in the air.

Wasn't in America. Pretty sure I wasn't gonna get shot. Wish I had a baseball bat because nothing is scarier/funnier than a middle aged angry guy in a bathrobe with a baseball bat.

Yes . It is a different world though.
True, society and culture is always changing. It's a harder world, today, in some ways. And an easier world in other ways.

But I still think kids are well served by their parents by giving them far more independence when younger, given more opportunities to fail which become good teachable moments, etc. And they should be given plenty of opportunities to have options, make decisions, and learn to conduct the sorts of productive and honest self-reviews that help us learn and improve and grow all throughout life. As opposed to mommy and daddy making all their decisions and choosing all their paths for them.

I don't think culture and social changes alter the math on that.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If she’d actually managed to get soda on/in my car, I would’ve gotten a lot more than her number.

Don’t get me wrong. I could love me a mean and viciously angry woman as much as the next guy. If she wanted to beat me, whip me, make me write bad checks and all, I’d be fine with that. If she wanted to chain me to the wall and hit baseballs at me all day, not a problem. Hell, a few line-drives to my face would probably do me a world of good, right? Could only improve my looks.

But this is a car we’re talking about here. Hurting a guy’s car is only a small step above hurting a guy‘s dog, ya know? Cruel and unusual.
agreed, just ask John Wick

Reactions: Vlife and mildone
More Jersey road rage with quality video:

Actually that might be a New York road rage involving NJ cars. Exit 4 on the Palisades is about 100 yards south of the border. The car might have gone airborne in NJ and landed in NY.

Actually that might be a New York road rage involving NJ cars. Exit 4 on the Palisades is about 100 yards south of the border. The car might have gone airborne in NJ and landed in NY.
+1
Those cliffs sure look like the NY portion of the Palisades.

There was a video on TV last week of a guy who had road rage and started shooting his gun at least 8 times thru his passenger window and windshield to a passing car on the right. The passing car threw a plastic container of soda. The video was a camera in the shooter car. Crazy people out there.

There was a video on TV last week of a guy who had road rage and started shooting his gun at least 8 times thru his passenger window and windshield to a passing car on the right. The passing car threw a plastic container of soda. The video was a camera in the shooter car. Crazy people out there.
I saw that. That dude sucks. He could've hit any number of totally innocent people. He wasn't even trying to aim, just basically shooting along the path of the soda thrower's car.

Stuff like that pisses me off because it taints all good, sane, law-abiding gun owners. All it takes is one jackass nut-job like that guy to force overly-restrictive gun regulation for those of us who would never do what he did. I was watching the video and hoping an ejected cartridge would rebound off the windshield and nail the guy in one of his eyes (not that there was much hope of that given the physics involved).

Do you think it has anything to do with mandates that had little or no impact whatsoever on containing the virus, and destroyed our economy and created mass psychosis?
BS statement
Also there are just more lunatics in our society that don’t belong on the streets.

Reactions: redking and Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT