ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Let's check-in on UConn football...

That Yukon video provided some memorable pictures!

dw3vlcl.jpg

kZxMKDN.jpg

I will say this about UConn - they have managed to put together a much more attractive home schedule than I thought they would.

Here is a list of recent past and near future P5 visitors to the Rent:

2021 - Purdue
2022 - Syracuse, Boston College
2023 - NC State, Duke
2024 - Syracuse
2025 - None yet
2026 - Maryland, Indiana
2027 - Mississippi. North Carolina, Syracuse
2028 - Wake Forest, Pitt

How UConn managed to get a home-and-home with Ole Miss is a mystery to me.

I will say this about UConn - they have managed to put together a much more attractive home schedule than I thought they would.

2021 - Purdue
2023 - NC State, Duke
2024 - Syracuse
2025 - None yet
2026 - Maryland, Indiana
2028 - Wake Forest, Pitt

I give them some credit. Definitely an upgrade over the past few seasons. Now outside of BC and Indiana how many of these teams will they have a chance to beat.

Kudos to the New York Times for starting that the Big Ten should have taken UConn over Rutgers. Their foresight and reliable journalism, especailly when it comes to college football, never ceases to amaze me.

UConn over Rutgers to the Big Ten
Honestly why does anyone read that rag in this day of age. Just a propaganda machine.

2021 - Purdue
2023 - NC State, Duke
2024 - Syracuse
2025 - None yet
2026 - Maryland, Indiana
2028 - Wake Forest, Pitt

2021 - Purdue
2023 - NC State, Duke
2024 - Syracuse
2025 - None yet
2026 - Maryland, Indiana
2028 - Wake Forest, Pitt

I would have guessed that most of the better opponents are two or three for ones

2021 - Purdue
2023 - NC State, Duke
2024 - Syracuse
2025 - None yet
2026 - Maryland, Indiana
2028 - Wake Forest, Pitt

Almost all of those teams are Basketball schools. I‘m going to guess there is a tie in there.

They condemned their football program to oblivion when they went with their tails between their legs to the Big East -- although hiring Pasqualoni and Diaco hurt as well. No recruiting base. They would have had a better shot at a P5 invite if they had stayed in the AAC.

Maybe a Pac 2 invite is coming?

Reactions: thegock
You do know there's a certain RU bball insider from Connecticut who would brag on Uconn and tell us constantly how wonderful they were compared to RU. Anyone putting those pompous jerks above RU for any reason is persona non grata to me.

Reactions: RU-AGK and knight82
You do know there's a certain RU bball insider from Connecticut who would brag on Uconn and tell us constantly how wonderful they were compared to RU. Anyone putting those pompous jerks above RU for any reason is persona non grata to me.
Mmmm…potatoes non grata….

They condemned their football program to oblivion when they went with their tails between their legs to the Big East -- although hiring Pasqualoni and Diaco hurt as well. No recruiting base. They would have had a better shot at a P5 invite if they had stayed in the AAC.

Maybe a Pac 2 invite is coming?
How is the "Civil Conflict" going with UCF, which was first derided and then ignored by UCF? Where is the trophy?

Mmmm…potatoes non grata….
That potatoe head does the same with Yale. He must hate the fact that RU is the State University. Jersey pride -- I doubt it.

Last edited:
As a bought game only.

Or if they want, their home game at MetLife.
Yep. We can play 3 games at RU Stadium and 1 game at MetLife. We will never play at the Rent ever again. We are a B1G school and have been for almost a decade now so Connie can stick it up their asses if they think we're agreeing to play at the Rent.

Yep. We can play 3 games at RU Stadium and 1 game at MetLife. We will never play at the Rent ever again. We are a B1G school and have been for almost a decade now so Connie can stick it up their asses if they think we're agreeing to play at the Rent.
Several B1G schools have agreed to do just that. Purdue, Indiana, and Maryland in this decade. Plus a bunch of ACC schools. They even got a home-and-home with Mississippi.

UConn has built a more impressive home schedule than I would have thought possible. I have no idea how.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Several B1G schools have agreed to do just that. Purdue, Indiana, and Maryland in this decade. Plus a bunch of ACC schools. They even got a home-and-home with Mississippi.

UConn has built a more impressive home schedule than I would have thought possible. I have no idea how.
If you want to play them in basketball, you have to play them in football.

What’s the draw for these P5 programs? Near-guaranteed win over a FBS school.

Connie will finish 3-9 with future L's to Tennessee, BC, and JMU.

Now that raises an interesting question: with no other factors being considered than just the 2 schools, who would you want to win for Yukon vs. the French Whores (aka BC)?

Reactions: bigmatt718
Now that raises an interesting question: with no other factors being considered than just the 2 schools, who would you want to win for Yukon vs. the French Whores (aka BC)?
Down with the French Whores even the hush puppies are more respectable.

I am no fan of BC, but how did they become the French Whores?
Because someone still doesn't get that Notre Dame are the French Whores (get it? Notre Dame is french, and they screw for the almighty dollar) whereas Boston College is Fredo (get it? The dumb brother who side dealt against the family).

Our fans...

Reactions: RU-AGK
How is the "Civil Conflict" going with UCF, which was first derided and then ignored by UCF? Where is the trophy?

I work with a guy who played at UCF and in the game where UConn covered the trophy in embarrassment after UCF beat them and forgot to take it. He said they laughed so hard at the whole thing.

Honestly why does anyone read that rag in this day of age. Just a propaganda machine.
maybe because people tend to read articles that align with their beliefs .
Why else would people rely on a media outlet that admitted lying to them but those people still go there for information .
Sometimes newspapers are called a rag because they put out articles that are true but go against what the name callers want to believe.
But the media outlet that puts out misinformation that fits what thwy want to believe, even if it's a lie, are sources to trust because they say what some people want to hear and knowing the true facts don't matter to them

Reactions: RUBigFrank
If you’re a big basketball fan , then it’s better to have been a Uconn fan lately . National championships in both sports.
Obviously , we are in better spot long term it seems

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT