ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lunch Recommendation for Sat.

Mr Magoo

Heisman Winner
Nov 15, 2001
sorry if this has been posted before. I’m meeting some friends prior to the 2:00 game Sat. Any (very local to the RAC) lunch recommendations for around noon? I prefer a place with ample parking If possible since I don’t want to be scrambling for parking. Thanks.

In case you didn’t hear, henry’s Diner on Livingston is closed. There is a diner on Stelton road in Piscataway that’s good.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
sorry if this has been posted before. I’m meeting some friends prior to the 2:00 game Sat. Any (very local to the RAC) lunch recommendations for around noon? I prefer a place with ample parking If possible since I don’t want to be scrambling for parking. Thanks.

Brick House Tap and Tavern on Stelton Rd is about 2 miles from the RAC.

Lola’s in Metuchen opens at 11:30 on Saturday. It’s about 10 mins from the RAC. it is a BYOB but there is a liquor store attached to the restaurant. Food is delicious

Only recommendation is take the traffic into the RAC very seriously. I would rather be parked by 1pm or 1:15pm. I would rather be inside the RAC early instead of waiting on a long line that doesn’t move. So go to eat early wherever you go.

The Blue Horse in Highland Park just opened a few months ago. Supposed to be tasty pub grub with a plethora of beer wine and whiskeys

Only recommendation is take the traffic into the RAC very seriously. I would rather be parked by 1pm or 1:15pm. I would rather be inside the RAC early instead of waiting on a long line that doesn’t move. So go to eat early wherever you go.
The alternate pattern will probably be in place as well.

I really miss little Teddy’s subs. You older guys with me on that one?
Yes, but Jersey Subs is right there with them. The problem with Jersey Subs is that unless you work in or near New Brunswick, you probably haven't been there since it's only open Monday-Friday 9 or 10 a.m.-4 p.m.

Where are you coming from? I take 27 to New Durham Rd to Ethel Rd. Coming that way gets you right into the lots with no traffic, sold out game or not. So when we eat before or after a game, we stop in Metuchen, usually for fast food with my teenage son. But there is Hailey's Harp Irish Pub and the Mexican place in Whole Foods that serves draft beer if you are looking to have a beer before the game. From there it's about 10 minutes to the RAC.

Why not? Will Rutgers Club is closed on Saturday?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's closed again for another private event.

Apparently it will be open again for the next couple men's BB games (MD and OSU) according to their website and an email they sent out this morning. Looks like it'll be open pre-game (starting 2 hours prior to gametime), as well as during & post-game.

Apparently it will be open again for the next couple men's BB games (MD and OSU) according to their website and an email they sent out this morning. Looks like it'll be open pre-game (starting 2 hours prior to gametime), as well as during & post-game.
That's good to hear.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
This is men's bball letter winners game and lunch is at Rutgers club but I'd guess we'll be in a separate area from the main public dining room... throwing that out there just in case .

Reactions: Mr Magoo and RUnTeX
This is men's bball letter winners game and lunch is at Rutgers club but I'd guess we'll be in a separate area from the main public dining room... throwing that out there just in case .

Before the MSU bball game Ash was hosting recruits on the other side of the club.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT