ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA is back tonight!

I gave the NBA a try a few times over the past week and wow, it's truly awful. Boring, lazy, no defense basketball. I knew it was bad, but still surprised that the game has gotten this bad.

Thank goodness for the NHL playoffs.

NBA seeding games start tonight!
Having 3,4, 5 games on TV every day starting in the afternoon through the night is going to be awesome.

My wife is already annoyed.

I’m really just starting this thread for the negative comments.
does anyone with a brain really cares?

I really do not like the style of play in the NBA. I liked it until about 10 years ago. No defense and hoisting up threes all game is boring to me.

Reactions: NickRU714
I really do not like the style of play in the NBA. I liked it until about 10 years ago. No defense and hoisting up threes all game is boring to me.

Agreed, but I have to admit that the Mavs/Clippers OT game was really exciting to watch. That Luka Doncic is a BALLER.

Reactions: shields
Agree and between dunks and 3s seemingly being most of the game ( to me) I've lost interest in watching the NBA.
But my interest was lost a long time ago and I haven't watched an NBA game for years in person or more that 5-10 minutes consecutively without switching channels for a long time either.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
So Bucks' boycott has led to NBA postponing all 3 games tonight. What happens next? Tomorrow's games likely postponed if they decide to symbolically postpone one game per series.

Some crazy times we live in.

Last edited:
I couldn't think of a more effective way to create trump voters than the path the NBA is taking.

Go on Twitter. Search the words NBA and hostage. And see how many young males are completely livid right now

Sets a bad precedent

Pro athletes don't like something going forward in society, they can just walk away.

Personally I hope they cancel the season

I loathe the NBA and it's connection to the CCP.

But we know they won't, they'll be back.

And less people will care.

So Bucks' boycott has led to NBA postponing all 3 games tonight. What happens next? Tomorrow's games likely postponed if they decide to symbolically postpone one game per series.

Some crazy times we live in.
I think it is over, as in the 2019-20 NBA season.

I'm expecting some guys to leave the bubble then a domino effect culminating in the NBA doing whatever China or LeBron or both tell them to do.

I'm expecting some guys to leave the bubble then a domino effect culminating in the NBA doing whatever China or LeBron or both tell them to do.
Would be nice if we didn't find ways to place blame and look for reasons someone is acting the wrong way because they are being influenced by the bad guys.
Maybe if we looked at the problems then tried to look for common ground, we wouldn't be so fast condemning a player or foreign country and just work on what the NBA Commissioner, owner and players could do together to try and end a social justice problem facing our country.

But general I do agree LeBron seems to influence the NBA more than one player ( no matter how popular) should and the NBA's stance when the Rockets GM Morly tweeted support for the Hong Kong protesters that pissed China off and the NBA cow-towed to China disavowing Morly's stance in the name of profit
They seem fine with protests in the USA that backing the protesters won't hurt their bottom line, while LeBron made sure he's upfront supporting the protests here, but didn't want o take a chance of losing any of the money he gets from China business by voicing strong support for the Hong Kong protesters demanding justice
end of rant

This has got to be killing LeBron. He’s all about championships and trying to grow up to be like Mike...which he will never be. Except he does it by joining teams with stars as big as he is or convincing established stats to join him. Maybe he figures if he tries the social justice warrior approach he could could still catch him.

NHL now joining NBA in stoping playoffs in support of protestors
EgdYedhXgAMfRaH

Reactions: NickRU714
NBA players made their point and received support from other pros.
The NBA games will resume .
Once the Buck players took their stand : three WNBA, five Major League Soccer and three Major League Baseball games were called off as athletes acted in solidarity with the Bucks' players.
NBA playoff games put on hold because of the players out in protest as well
A Japanese tennis player sat out a semi-final match today and had it postponed till Friday at the Western & Southern Open .
That tournament stopped all of it's remaining matches on Thursday and rescheduled them for Friday
Even NHL players showed solidarity

Reactions: scripts
NBA players made their point and received support from other pros.
The NBA games will resume .
Once the Buck players took their stand : three WNBA, five Major League Soccer and three Major League Baseball games were called off as athletes acted in solidarity with the Bucks' players.
NBA playoff games put on hold because of the players out in protest as well
A Japanese tennis player sat out a semi-final match today and had it postponed till Friday at the Western & Southern Open .
That tournament stopped all of it's remaining matches on Thursday and rescheduled them for Friday
Even NHL players showed solidarity

What is being accomplished by athletes striking by refusing to play games?

We went four months without team sports. Boycotting a day to make a statement isn’t going to do anything. That being said, I fully expect some of these players will ACTUALLY do something more than just put some statement on the back of their jersey when the season is done

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT