ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nebraska’s Brand New Fieldhouse

The OP is a delusional wacko who has no idea what he is talking about.
The Cornhusker Message Board is still laughing at him.

They do not…the shorthorns in Austin have decent facilities (frankly nothing out of the world compared to many similar profile schools) and they are probably the odds on favorites to be the #1 seed and will probably smoke UGA this weekend.

Facilities mattered more under the old paradigm. They are still good tools but less meaningful compared to the whack world of NIL and unlimited transfer chances and, of course, great coaching and development or raw talent.

Not true. Texas, Texas A&M, Miami, and USC either have built or are building new facilities because they matter.

The Aggies spent $485M on their football facility

Texas is building a new training facility which will be completed next year.

Miami has plans to build a new facility

USC is building a new facility too

Reactions: TRU2RU
I'm a huge Rutgers sports fan, but I think that we need to think our priorities as a larger society when I see facilities like this. I think athletes should have nice facilities and amenities, but at what point do we need to stop the hero worship? This is ridiculous and embarrassing if you think about it. At some point, we collectively need to pause and say "What the heck are we doing?"
The macro environment is pointing towards that not happening in our lifetime. Hero worship is very strong in society today.

They were laughing at you because you cried like a bitch on their board after the game, so you can STFU
Make no mistake they were laughing at you since you are the delusional on who makes an ass of himself on a regular basis with your absurd posts in other teams’ pages. Here people mostly just roll their eyes and mock your absurdity. There’s a fine line between die-hard and irrational and you pulverized said line years and years ago sunshine.

I personally love this topic, but it’s been discussed since the cows came home

It was part of Gregg’s contract, so will be built, but given the construction prices in New Jersey and the current climate of interest rates and real estate, and the fact that we don’t have Nebraska private money, or a fraction of their fanbase and regular society dedication, it will be a scaled down version of what they have

There is nothing in between, we undoubtedly need one of these, and we will get one sooner rather than later

Yes, money for NIL is obviously a priority, but it’s not an either or thing with an NIL and the bells and whistles, you need both

Reactions: TRU2RU
The macro environment is pointing towards that not happening in our lifetime. Hero worship is very strong in society today.

We are benefiting from hero worship, as
The Big Ten will be distributing $80-100M to us because we play in the best football conference in the country. But most of that will go towards operational expenses, especially now paying kids.
But This is the pond we chose to play in. We were free to remain in the American Conference and carry on with minimal investment.

So We’re either going to compete, or we’re not going to compete. If we’re going to compete, let’s compete and give it our best effort. We have the coach in place but he needs support. He can’t do it all alone.

Michigan attracts the best students in the country because their facilities and environment is second to none. I was amazed at how many rich people from Jersey and Westchester were taking their kids on my flight to Ann Arbor, last year. Rutgers simply wasn’t good enough for them, and wasn’t getting a visit.

Nevertheless, we’ve come a long way, and Rutgers is more selective than ever, thanks to Big Ten Membership, which was facilitated by Football’s success, and College Ave’s improvement. For football to take the next step, we need the field house because our near peers, Penn State, Maryland, Ohio State, and Michigan have excellent facilities, putting us at a competitive disadvantage when recruiting.

I personally love this topic, but it’s been discussed since the cows came home

It was part of Gregg’s contract, so will be built, but given the construction prices in New Jersey and the current climate of interest rates and real estate, and the fact that we don’t have Nebraska private money, or a fraction of their fanbase and regular society dedication, it will be a scaled down version of what they have
Per his contract, we have to first raise at least $75 M privately, before construction can start. We will probably bond the rest.

Reactions: Fat Koko
Hahahaha. This thread.

We should spend the money building a cloning center, adjacent to the med school, where we can clone our best players several times each, with the clones serving as backups in case of injury. Pay one NIL player, get two players free through cloning.

Yeah, cloning. That’s the ticket.

There is nothing in between, we undoubtedly need one of these, and we will get one sooner rather than later

Yes, money for NIL is obviously a priority, but it’s not an either or thing with an NIL and the bells and whistles, you need both
Absolutely we need both because our peers have both, which puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT