ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Music (Released January 2020 or Later)

My bands two minute promo video of our single, Native Hearts.
mqdefault_6s.webp

I kept waiting for the heavy guitars to come in and for the vocals to go into a belt... but it never did. Too much of a tease with no satisfaction. Can't write lyrics like that and not come to a sufficient climax.

Others have posted this band. More mellow song from them, but not bad.

WMMR is having listeners pick their five favorite new songs from what was in their rotation.
My choices:
Dreaming - Green Day
Hero - Weezer
Patience - Chris Cornell
Rolling 7s - Dirty Honey
Shooting Stars - Rival Sons

I'm glad people recognize there is still good music being released. I'm still discovering new indie and college rock more than 20 years after being in college (yeah, I generally like lo-fi melancholy). These days, I generally discover underground bands a few years after a release, though.

The 2020 song "Beautiful Anyway" by Judah and the Lion resonates with me because I have a close family member who deals with mental illness. Also, it's a song of hope.

I think the radio edit takes away some of the song's power, so I posted an unofficial link instead.

Reactions: RutHut
Patty Smyth put out an album of new stuff and covers in 2020. Pretty good overall.

Those legs belong to a 63 year old.

Reactions: Jm0513
Rising young Māori singer performing a waiata at the memorial service for Christchurch attack victims. (Technically 2019, but couldn't find a version of him doing it more recently.)

Marlon Williams. Absolutely amazing voice. (Sorry that it's not the best recording, but you'll get the idea.)

To get a quick idea of his voice, go to 2:50 and give it about 20 seconds.

@Jm0513 (You might like this and the one below.)

Thank you for thinking of me. I did enjoy both songs. Particularly the second one mostly for the lyrics. I just listened over a nice cup of coffee 🙂 Relaxing start to a gloomy winter morning.
Hope all is well on your side of the world.
Doing great. Thanks. The lyrics on the first one a bit hard to figure out!

Newest Americana and Red Dirt acts and albums—

A 2021 release! Polyphia is a metal instrumental band that blend in influences from r&b, hip hop, and edm.

"Drivers License" = big hit, song of year probs going by the buzz

I like a version from Ireland singer a bit more.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU848789 and Jm0513
ADVERTISEMENT