ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Music (Released January 2020 or Later)

Lamb of God covering Bad Brains.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jm0513
Really like this from the UK collective, Sault. Nobody really knows who they are, but they make some powerful music in many genres/styles, with much of it centered on the black experience - it's not hard to hear everything from Marvin Gaye to Afrika Bambaataa to De La Soul to Kanye and more in their music.

Maynard James Keenan is a genius. Singer in Tool and A Perfect Circle. His third, lesser known band, Puscifer, is more of an art project and less popular, but interesting. This video is brilliant. There is a good amount of cursing in the first few minutes, which is a set up for the song, which starts at 3:35, and, as stated, is brilliant.

As an aside, he lives an interesting life in a small town Jerome, Arizona. He runs a winery, grows grapes, has a farm with ducks, has a store in Jerome called Puscifer, and a restaurant in Cottownwood Az called Merkin Vinyards Tasting Room--the best gnocchi I have ever had.

Maynard James Keenan is a genius. Singer in Tool and A Perfect Circle. His third, lesser known band, Puscifer, is more of an art project and less popular, but interesting. This video is brilliant. There is a good amount of cursing in the first few minutes, which is a set up for the song, which starts at 3:35, and, as stated, is brilliant.

As an aside, he lives an interesting life in a small town Jerome, Arizona. He runs a winery, grows grapes, has a farm with ducks, has a store in Jerome called Puscifer, and a restaurant in Cottownwood Az called Merkin Vinyards Tasting Room--the best gnocchi I have ever had.

Didn't that guy also come up with some economic theory or something? I'll choose to be him in my next life.

I wish that he and Trent Reznor had gone through with their Tapeworm project:

Reactions: Knight Shift
I wish that he and Trent Reznor had gone through with their Tapeworm project:

The producer of Undertow, Sylvia Massy, has replaced a bunch of clips from the recording sessions. Loved Henry Rollins' work on the song Bottom--only wish they sang together more.

Saw Tool open for the Rollins Band in 1992 at CBGBs--and what an epic experience. Tool had not really broken out yet, and Mayard was really skinny and had a mohawk. I walked in on him doing pushups on the sticky floor of the mens room in front of the urinals.

Saw Tool in November 2019 in Atlantic City before the world shut down. They upped their game some since 1992!!!

The producer of Undertow, Sylvia Massy, has replaced a bunch of clips from the recording sessions. Loved Henry Rollins' work on the song Bottom--only wish they sang together more.

Saw Tool open for the Rollins Band in 1992 at CBGBs--and what an epic experience. Tool had not really broken out yet, and Mayard was really skinny and had a mohawk. I walked in on him doing pushups on the sticky floor of the mens room in front of the urinals.

Saw Tool in November 2019 in Atlantic City before the world shut down. They upped their game some since 1992!!!

Nice. My first concert was A Perfect Circle and NIN at MSG in 2000. Way overpaid at Select-A-Ticket at the mall and don’t regret a thing! Only saw Tool once down at Bonnaroo in, I want to say, 2007 and kick myself for skipping out on some other opportunities.. especially the Lateralus tour.

Second in from bottom left:
2000_05_09_a.jpg

Last edited:
My 26-year old son loves his metal and he can be a bit brutal on his views of bands. He called this band "J-Metal." Nothing wrong with pretty women who can rock, in my book.
Definitely j metal. It is a subgenre in its own right. As is the Gothenburg sound, latin metal, ndh, etc. Each culture brings its own flavor.

Another single from my band. We mainly do easy listening, singer-songwriter, soft rock stuff:

Reactions: RutHut
Reactions: RutHut
ADVERTISEMENT