ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Music (Released January 2020 or Later)

I came across Mr. Strings about 18 months ago. Here is some psychedelic blugrass with the lyrics penned by Robert Hunter of Grateful Dead fame.

Reactions: RUDead
I came across Mr. Strings about 18 months ago. Here is some psychedelic blugrass with the lyrics penned by Robert Hunter of Grateful Dead fame.

Good stuff. Since your name is Guitar Man, I'm sure you know that Garcia started out playing bluegrass. Hunter even played with him a bit before he decided to concentrate on lyrics.

Yes, I’m aware of Garcia’s background in bluegrass. When I was a young guy ( in the 1970s) a good friend of mine who came from a very musical family was very big into The Grateful Dead and I’m a fan of their music which incorporates elements of that along with a lot of other things. This guy Billy Strings is very talented.

Reactions: RUDead
Here's a new Frank Turner song, celebrating the return of live music and featuring Jason Isbell on guitar. If you close your eyes, you can pretend it's The Hold Steady, which I'm fine with, since they are my two favorite bands working today.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Here's a new Frank Turner song, celebrating the return of live music and featuring Jason Isbell on guitar. If you close your eyes, you can pretend it's The Hold Steady, which I'm fine with, since they are my two favorite bands working today.

It's uncanny how much this song sounds like The Hold Steady. The tune is custom-made for Craig Finn on lead vocals.

Reactions: CranfordKnight

This is a young tiktoker signed by Travis Barker^(who is on drums) catchy tune...badass shirt.
(Auto tuned but I've heard other performances and they're ok.)

From John Mayer’s new album, “Sob Rock”. Songs have kind of a Clapton/Dire Straits 1980s vibe to them.https://youtu.be/MzNXuOWEt0A

First new Iron Maiden in six years. Where's @mdh2003 for a review?

Ha! Thanks for the shout out. It‘s typical Maiden - interesting subject matter, galloping rhythm (although as RUevo noted, at a more, let’s say, distinguished pace), catchy hook, great solos. Need to hear it a few more times, but out of the gate, I’d say 7 out of 10 Eddies.

The fact these guys are even relevant now is a huge testament to them.

One thing that I haven’t liked in a while - TOO MANY LYRICS! My god, Bruce, give yourself a damn rest. Throat cancer wasn’t enough? It’s been like this for the past 5/6 albums, pretty much when BD/AS came back. Even their crazy long older songs like Rime of the Ancient Mariner, I think like a 10 minute song, had less to say than these 6-7 minutes jobs. It’s just too much and not really needed. But this is typical Bruce. He’s actually a really good and interesting writer. And in many ways, IM subjects have been better than their music, and I think their music is incredible. It a history/literature/religious/philosophical/mythological smorgasbord of awesomeness. But, save some of it for your next novel, man. Plus, you can hear the guy straining with almost every line. Regardless, I still think he’s one of the best and it’s truly just a delight that he is still doing his thing.

Reactions: Knight Shift
This sounds like Maiden...at 3/4 speed. age catching up to them speed wise?
I defer to @mdh2003
I mean...they’re like 70. So....yeah...
I am not a big Iron Maiden fan. I find Bruce Dickinson to be mildly annoying in interviews. However, I still respect them and like some of their more popular songs. Do they still use Eddie on stage? Two bands I feel like I need to check off my live list and ashamed to say I have not seen them are Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. Sadly, Judas Priest is a bit watered down at this point.

I defer to @mdh2003

I am not a big Iron Maiden fan. I find Bruce Dickinson to be mildly annoying in interviews. However, I still respect them and like some of their more popular songs. Do they still use Eddie on stage? Two bands I feel like I need to check off my live list and ashamed to say I have not seen them are Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. Sadly, Judas Priest is a bit watered down at this point.
No doubt Bruce is pretty full of himself. But, he is in class by *almost* himself. One of those rare humans that has done just so much with the little time that he has on earth...you just gotta give it to him.

Priest is pretty much a shell of their former selves. Have been for a while. I love ‘em, but would not bother at this point.

Maiden? Worth it. They will play the hits. They (those approaching septuagenarians, mind you) will jumping and rocking, and you will too.

No doubt Bruce is pretty full of himself. But, he is in class by *almost* himself. One of those rare humans that has done just so much with the little time that he has on earth...you just gotta give it to him.

Priest is pretty much a shell of their former selves. Have been for a while. I love ‘em, but would not bother at this point.

Maiden? Worth it. They will play the hits. They (those approaching septuagenarians, mind you) will jumping and rocking, and you will too.
What about Eddie?

ADVERTISEMENT