ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Music (Released January 2020 or Later)

I listen to a wide variety of music, but live Dead is my favorite.

Ice Nine is a reference to the Kurt Vonnegut book Cat's Cradle. It's a deadly chemical that is unleashed from a lab that destroy's the world.

Lot's of parallel's to today! Everyone should read it.
Please don't get this thread locked with references to "today". [roll][roll]

Reactions: Jm0513 and RUDead
We finally agree on something musical. But that is more than not bad, that is fantastic. Nice to see Billy Idol evolve.

Billy Idol is on the bill for the Sea.Hear.Now Festival September 19th in Asbury Park.

60ecc453a10a3060ec61c127_SHN21-Admat_byday.png

Reactions: Jm0513
you know who else should be in the Hall of Fame

he is incredibly underrated. He was massive in the 80s and lived and breathed the rock star image 24/7 in a time without social media. One of the biggest video music stars ever. Too bad that his motorcycle injury and some drug issues plus the change to grunge derailed his career but he came back strong and survived in the 2000s

Reactions: Knight Shift
We finally agree on something musical. But that is more than not bad, that is fantastic. Nice to see Billy Idol evolve.

Billy Idol is on the bill for the Sea.Hear.Now Festival September 19th in Asbury Park.

60ecc453a10a3060ec61c127_SHN21-Admat_byday.png
I want to go to this to see Pearl Jam and Lord Huron (no clue who most of the other musicians are)..... Wonder if you need anything that starts with a V and ends with an E to attend??!! I'll have to check details.

i saw this last week when Napalm released it. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to look them up for tunes, but I don't dislike this song either. I like her clean vocals...the harsh...eh...it's in that weird place where it's not growly enough or pig squealy enough. but she is certainly nice to look at.
Speaking of ripoffs, and wrt to the QOTSA-like band above, they seemed to go out of their way to get a guy that looks and sings like Josh Homme.
I can't remember the name of the band, but there is a band that is a complete ripoff of Type -O Negative. Peter Steele is rolling over in his grave.

Find her boring and predictable. Mumbler. Happier than ever? Would hate to see sad.
Her vocals on the second part of this song are different... finally.
Watch the first minute of the video below..is this @bac2therac rocking out to her? Hahahhaha

If I was 17yrs old I'd blast this in my car with the windows down.

Watch the first minute of the video below..is this @bac2therac rocking out to her? Hahahhaha

She is so depressing and depressed. If Covid had a voice it might sound like her

Only thing that can account for those reactions (goosebumps?) is witchcraft. Lol

“you make me feel shitty: I hate this city” ??? Genius! Lol.

She is so depressing and depressed. If Covid had a voice it might sound like her

Only thing that can account for those reactions (goosebumps?) is witchcraft. Lol

“you make me feel shitty: I hate this city” ??? Genius! Lol.
I think she has struggled with depression.
She's 19(I think) I guess this is all the life experience she has to write about.
I prefer to hear her over the other young singer. That girl has four songs talking about driving past her ex bfs house lol.
My daughter is 16 and asked me to listen with her earlier. Bonding over breakfast. Lol
Sidenote- that reaction video is hysterical.

Last edited:

There really isn’t too much going on here vocally or musically. There is much better contemporary stuff out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT