ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Music (Released January 2020 or Later)

LOL. She is autotuned to the point of sounding like the Chipmunks in that song. I like the first one you posted a lot.

I still haven't heard her sing a bad tune though. Halsey is good and everybody likes her songs but for some reason a lot of people don't know who she is

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Also from Jersey (Rumson)..Charlie Puth

He's from Rumson. From his Wiki page: "Puth's mother introduced him to classical music and began teaching him the piano at age 4.[14] He started studying jazz at age 10[14] and participated in a summer youth jazz ensemble at Count Basie Theatre's Cool School[9] in Red Bank, New Jersey at 12."

Looks like he went to nerd school for his new tune. Sounds like a Backstreet Boy.

Reactions: Jm0513 and ashokan
Solid second song from Springsteen's upcoming album. This song is about his first band, the Castiles. Some excellent concert footage:

“'Ghosts' is about the beauty and joy of being in a band, and the pain of losing one another to illness and time. 'Ghosts' tries to speak to the spirit of the music itself, something none of us owns but can only discover and share together. In the E Street Band, it resides in our collective soul, powered by the heart." - Bruce

Last edited:
LOL. She is autotuned to the point of sounding like the Chipmunks in that song. I like the first one you posted a lot.
Closer is one of my favorite pop songs of the past 20 years - sugary pop goodness all the way through and a very hot video to boot. @ashokan didn't post the official video - while Halsey is hot, the model in this video is off the charts, IMO.

Here's a great new song from Canadian Indie/Classic rockers Arkells. They've been around awhile and they put on a very good show. Ready made for an Indie movie soundtrack...

Nope not yet, but will be shortly, lol...good thread...
Contrary to your weather detractor (maybe everything detractor) bac, there is a LOT of great new music out there right now. With musicians cooped up due to Covid, it seems their creative juices are flowing. Metallica say they have been writing quite a bit, and they recently have found their old stride. You and I obviously don't agree on some things, but I do appreciate your perspective. However, on weather, music and RU football, we agree, and this board, and this world needs to find things that unite us, and we can respectfully and politely debate the things we disagree on, but we should not let those things divide us. Rock on.

Reactions: Jm0513
Closer is one of my favorite pop songs of the past 20 years - sugary pop goodness all the way through and a very hot video to boot. @ashokan didn't post the official video - while Halsey is hot, the model in this video is off the charts, IMO.

That's Alyssa Lynch - also one of the "influencers" used to promote the infamous "Fyre Festival" (she actually got one of the "exclusive" condos that wasn't just a FEMA tent). She used to make some good travel vlogs, indirectly mentioning products, but now things are pretty much just ads right off the bat

Reactions: RU848789
Contrary to your weather detractor (maybe everything detractor) bac, there is a LOT of great new music out there right now. With musicians cooped up due to Covid, it seems their creative juices are flowing. Metallica say they have been writing quite a bit, and they recently have found their old stride. You and I obviously don't agree on some things, but I do appreciate your perspective. However, on weather, music and RU football, we agree, and this board, and this world needs to find things that unite us, and we can respectfully and politely debate the things we disagree on, but we should not let those things divide us. Rock on.
Agree with all of that, but would also offer that the world didn't really need another Kansas album, lol.

And who gets up at 4:30 am? Even when I was working crazy 80+ hour weeks, I don't think I ever was getting up before 6 am (although I did do some all-nighters), lol - was always more of a late night person. My dad has been retired for 25 years, but still gets up at 4:30 am everyday, like he did when he used to commute from OCNJ to Philly, so he could avoid the traffic.

Agree with all of that, but would also offer that the world didn't really need another Kansas album, lol.

And who gets up at 4:30 am? Even when I was working crazy 80+ hour weeks, I don't think I ever was getting up before 6 am (although I did do some all-nighters), lol - was always more of a late night person. My dad has been retired for 25 years, but still gets up at 4:30 am everyday, like he did when he used to commute from OCNJ to Philly, so he could avoid the traffic.
We are blessed that we have a ton of work right now, and to boot, in addition to being on my local volunteer fire department, my son and I joined the first aid. We have CPR training starting at 2 p.m., and I need to get a full day of work in anyway. Good problems to have, and we are very blessed and lucky to be as busy as we are.

Reactions: RU848789 and Jm0513

The last 2 pages has been some awful music posted particularly that heinous Hasley song with the Chainsmokers

Thank god for old music and reliving the videos on youtube. Why waste time in bland garbage when there is so much from the 60s to 1995 to pull from

• Sad
Reactions: Jm0513
The last 2 pages has been some awful music posted particularly that heinous Hasley song with the Chainsmokers

Thank god for old music and reliving the videos on youtube. Why waste time in bland garbage when there is so much from the 60s to 1995 to pull from
You dont like any of her music or just that particular song?

While you wallow in the 1990's, another masterpiece is released. This one by the Deftones--Ohms:

Where do you find all this new music? I like to listen to Pandora because it gives you variety but they rarely play new stuff. They've turned into the FM stations they aimed to replace. Very frustrating.

I use Spotify as well but not really into making playlist, etc. and what they push in their random lists are no different than Pandora.

Where do you find all this new music? I like to listen to Pandora because it gives you variety but they rarely play new stuff. They've turned into the FM stations they aimed to replace. Very frustrating.

I use Spotify as well but not really into making playlist, etc. and what they push in their random lists are no different than Pandora.

Several places:
I listen to the Brookdale Station altrok:

I also have Eddie Trunk's news page in my homepage feed for news, sports, entertainment, etc.:

I also follow some bands on Twitter, but a lot of people I follow on Twitter for diet and exercise seem to have great taste in music. I was aware the Deftones had new material coming out, but a guy I follow for body weight exercises tweeted that the album was out.

By the way, the Beastie Boys released their last live performance at Bonnaroo 2009 on YouTube, and it is only up for the weekend. After that show, Adam Yauch was diagnosed with cancer and that was it for Beasties in concert. The set is smoking. I regret never seeing them live. I have no excuse.

Several places:
I listen to the Brookdale Station altrok:

I also have Eddie Trunk's news page in my homepage feed for news, sports, entertainment, etc.:

I also follow some bands on Twitter, but a lot of people I follow on Twitter for diet and exercise seem to have great taste in music. I was aware the Deftones had new material coming out, but a guy I follow for body weight exercises tweeted that the album was out.

By the way, the Beastie Boys released their last live performance at Bonnaroo 2009 on YouTube, and it is only up for the weekend. After that show, Adam Yauch was diagnosed with cancer and that was it for Beasties in concert. The set is smoking. I regret never seeing them live. I have no excuse.

Thanks!

@Knight Shift had some good sources (and the guy who runs Altrok is a good friend of mine, so if you like it, please donate), but let me add a couple. First is SiriusXM, as they have a bunch of different new music channels from different genres (indie, alternative, metal, rap, hip-hop and country, plus they have a few pop channels that play new hits). Second, if you want something a little more eclectic is Ed Wong's show on WRSU on Saturdays, 10 am to 2 pm - he's brilliant, playing almost every genre imaginable, including a bunch of new/newer stuff and about 1/3-1/2 of it is fairly obscure, but still good, so I always get to hear things I probably wouldn't hear anywhere else. He's been doing his show since the mid-1980s - he also throws in a classic comedy bit or two each week.

Reactions: NBHPRU and RUDead
ADVERTISEMENT