ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Music (Released January 2020 or Later)

Holy smokes, Nickelback sinks even lower than the whale turd of "band" they already are:

cant say I am feeling this one but actually this is a good career move for them to get them back in the good graces of the public eye. For all their criticisms when they started out they were decent. Here is their best song...Leader of Man...it was before they blew up and only got limited airplay

Not bad. You were starting to worry me. It kind of rocks. But she is more like a cross between Marilyn Manson and Courtney Love.

I think they can refine themselves a little bit and perhaps move a bit away from the Courtney Love thing they can be huge..whatever that means in a time where no one really cares about rock music

The lead singer has incredible presence for a frontwoman

I think they can refine themselves a little bit and perhaps move a bit away from the Courtney Love thing they can be huge..whatever that means in a time where no one really cares about rock music

The lead singer has incredible presence for a frontwoman

That is a much better song, but she does sound a lot like Courtney Love, which is not a bad thing. Totally disagree about nobody caring about rock music. Just because it is not what is pumped out today, festivals and rocks shows pre-covid were sold out and packed. And this video by Starcrawler has close to 5,000,000 views:

Elvis Costello just "dropped" some new songs. Haven't come to opinion yet. My 16 year old daughter would be very proud for using the word dropped. It's my first time using it. Wadda ya think

Elvis Costello just "dropped" some new songs. Haven't come to opinion yet. My 16 year old daughter would be very proud for using the word dropped. It's my first time using it. Wadda ya think

I liked No Flag better.
Around 2000-03, at one of Springsteen's holiday shows at Convention Hall, Elvis Costello was standing behind me, and he was moving his way through the crowd toward the stage. I said to my brother next to me, "that was Elvis Costello," and he said it was not. Ten minutes later, the same guy was on stage playing with Springsteen.

Reactions: RutHut
The cause of death is unknown, but sad that he had trouble with drugs, like his father (Steve Earle) and Townes Van Zandt (from whom his father gave him his middle name), who died at 52 after years of issues with drugs.

Certainly not out of the realm of possibilities. I have to imagine he enjoyed himself some amphetamines:

Regardless, he seemed like a nice and gracious guy.

Certainly not out of the realm of possibilities. I have to imagine he enjoyed himself some amphetamines:

Regardless, he seemed like a nice and gracious guy.
Was a big fan of his father through the early 2000's, but stopped following his Dad, as the quality of his music went either downhill or diverged from my taste. Very sad to see such a talented person die so young.

Reactions: okieKnight908
Was a big fan of his father through the early 2000's, but stopped following his Dad, as the quality of his music went either downhill or diverged from my taste. Very sad to see such a talented person die so young.
Similar situation here... I was a big Steve Earle fan until the mid 2000s. Saw him live several times. His "I Feel Alright" album is still in my regular rotation. His material for the past decade has been blah.

In THIS PLACE, I am surprised nobody mentioned Dylan's recent hit "Bob Dylan - Murder Most Foul." Its long - and it was # 1 for "US Rock Digital Song Sales (B'board)

It sounds kinda hackneyed the first few minutes but it gets better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT