ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Orleans

Many years ago I went to Acme, the most recent time there were long lines to get in..... I would not wait

The charred oysters at Dragos were amazing..... If you are going by, grab a dozen...... We went in and I kept ordering more.

Commanders palace, k-Paul's, were very good... Do a cemetery tour, take the trolley tour..... All these previously mentioned, and are good advice

The WW2 museum is good for history buffs, but kids and some adults would not enjoy.... It is probably the best museum for WW2 in the states.

Last edited:
Reactions: ron313
Fleur de lis for breakfast - small little place, nothing fancy but the crawfish omelette is freaking amazing.

Museum of the Confederacy is a nice little museum and walking through one of the cemeteries is interesting.

I enjoy watching craftsmen work - you could visit Bevolo workshop on Royal Avenue and watch them hand-fabricate the beautiful copper gas lanterns that grace the FQ all over the place.

Reactions: ron313
I am going with my wife on Thursday-Sunday. Will fill you in upon our return. We are doing an AirBnB in the French Quarter, prices for good hotels were 350+ even on Hotwire.
If you take a Bayou tour make sure its the airboat tour. I have done both and while they are each cool, the airboat takes it to another level.

Commanders Palace a must. They do enforce the dress code there - had to go back to the hotel (in our cab) and change the first time we went.....

If you take a Bayou tour make sure its the airboat tour. I have done both and while they are each cool, the airboat takes it to another level.

I second this, having done both too. First time we took some kind of more chill boat. Served beer on it which was cool. But next time, we took the air boat and that was sick. Dude was a maniac on our tour. He was hanging over the edge of the boat, dressed in camos, and slapping the water getting the gators to come right up to the boat. I thought for sure he was getting his arm bit off.

On a more low key note, a ghost tour was fun in the city too. Lots of them out there, but a good way to see some interesting places too, on a walking tour. We drank beers the whole tour, and stopped in bars along the way, so that was cool too.

I second that
I am a travel writer these days and I am amazed how many RU people have good reccommendations

Bachellor party in New Orleans......I def needed to pick my friends better LOL

have a BALL sir!

I probably won't make it back.

It's only March, so not sure how muggy it is there this time of year. But when I went in April a few years back, it was muggier than hell!
As a result, if you go on an airboat in the bayou, good luck. The term "swamp ass" exists for a reason.

I'm heading to N.O. next week for a bachelor party but will be there for 5 days. Any recommendations besides the obvious places would be helpful!! Just looking for historical stuff or some good food/drink. If anyone has ever been to the Old U.S. Mint is it worth checking out?
Hmmm....What a coincidence....my nephew Brian Lopez from W.Caldwell also happens to be at a bachelor party in New Orleans at the same time....any chance this guys a WVU alum? Him and my nephew went to school together,,,just curious?

Hmmm....What a coincidence....my nephew Brian Lopez from W.Caldwell also happens to be at a bachelor party in New Orleans at the same time....any chance this guys a WVU alum? Him and my nephew went to school together,,,just curious?

Coincidence. I do not know who this is.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT