ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2023-2024 Off Season Thread

The majority here thought Buck was the right guy this year.
You know- we really left your thread alone for almost all year. and most of the time good convo and not trying to be dicks- so, either lighten up or have someone else take you ass out of this thread.
That is an official count of troll post number 1.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
It is good, though, to know that we have a highly successful POBO who did a strong job even with a tiny market team, rather than having the same largely ineffective guy in place. Ya know.

• Haha
Reactions: LeapinLou
It is good, though, to know that we have a highly successful POBO who did a strong job even with a tiny market team, rather than having the same largely ineffective guy in place. Ya know.
It just seemed that we were stuck in the damn mud since BVW. And the decade before that- Madoff

Sandy should have just been a stop gap but he lucked out by the change of ownership and he got to stick around a few more years- but the game had really passed him by.
Epplier- Who knows, but he seems to be just a puppet for Sandy.

But now- we have a guy who cut his chops making a small market team successful. And he has the resources to use what he learned well and expand on them.
I just hope- he understands that Pete is so much more to the history of the Mets as much as our future.

On offense- Mets have never had a player hit 300 HR's for them or sore 1000 runs or get 1000 RBI.

Sign Pete and have a guy hit 500 HR's maybe 600 as a Met.

You know- we really left your thread alone for almost all year. and most of the time good convo and not trying to be dicks- so, either lighten up or have someone else take you ass out of this thread.
That is an official count of troll post number 1.
I don't post in the Yankee thread so why bring that up. And what did I say that wasn't true. Not trolling. Just pointing to facts. All of a sudden the new hire is the "right guy finally in charge". We hear that every year from Mets fans. By June it's a different story.

Reactions: Kbee3
I don't post in the Yankee thread so why bring that up. And what did I say that wasn't true. Not trolling. Just pointing to facts. All of a sudden the new hire is the "right guy finally in charge". We hear that every year from Mets fans. By June it's a different story.
You're a moron.

It just seemed that we were stuck in the damn mud since BVW. And the decade before that- Madoff

Sandy should have just been a stop gap but he lucked out by the change of ownership and he got to stick around a few more years- but the game had really passed him by.
Epplier- Who knows, but he seems to be just a puppet for Sandy.

But now- we have a guy who cut his chops making a small market team successful. And he has the resources to use what he learned well and expand on them.
I just hope- he understands that Pete is so much more to the history of the Mets as much as our future.

On offense- Mets have never had a player hit 300 HR's for them or sore 1000 runs or get 1000 RBI.

Sign Pete and have a guy hit 500 HR's maybe 600 as a Met.
Stearns is a life long Mets fan. He definitely understands the history of the franchise.

Who are you a fan of? Don't say Yankees if you don't post in The Dead Zone, but only in the Mets thread,lol So you heard that last year in June on the way to a 101 win season? So much for every year, lol, can't fix stupid.

Last edited:
superfan01 troll post #2. I'll keep a separate count on The 3 Amigos as a group adding this dork as part of it.

Last edited:
I believe, this year- we need to make an early point to Richie with these trolls. If SF wants to stay- start having conversations and not just trolling. Very simple
I'm for one sick of this sh-t. That's the reason why I posted that it might be time to shut down the other Mets thread. Not because the season is over. Now the same thing is starting here. And nothing gets done about it.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
The mods won’t do a thing because #1 it adds clicks to a thread, 2 they won’t do a thing unless it’s something they’re interested in.

And it’s not like the trolls weren’t begged to show up with all that bait that was left up top.

It’s a trolls world in Rutgers Rivals.

David Stearns:
"It’s meaningful for me that our kids get to grow up Mets fans now."
"I want to dispel any notion that there’s any magic formula to this."
"I expect Pete Alonso to be the Opening Day first baseman next year. The entire package weighs into it. Pete is a great player. He is also good in the clubhouse, and he is also homegrown. All of that matters.”
"What hasn’t changed is this organizations quest for truly sustainable comp
etitiveness, & ultimately, our first World Series Championship since 1986. I’m here because I believe that is attainable, that is our goal, & I assure you we will do everything we can to make it a reality."

"There's no one I have in mind for a manager. We are going to cast a wide net."

David Stearns:
"It’s meaningful for me that our kids get to grow up Mets fans now."
"I want to dispel any notion that there’s any magic formula to this."
"I expect Pete Alonso to be the Opening Day first baseman next year. The entire package weighs into it. Pete is a great player. He is also good in the clubhouse, and he is also homegrown. All of that matters.”
"What hasn’t changed is this organizations quest for truly sustainable comp
etitiveness, & ultimately, our first World Series Championship since 1986. I’m here because I believe that is attainable, that is our goal, & I assure you we will do everything we can to make it a reality."

"There's no one I have in mind for a manager. We are going to cast a wide net."
I’m slow and all but WHO started that Toxic Alonso crap and why???

I’m slow and all but WHO started that Toxic Alonso crap and why???
I heard the guys on wfan talking to a sports writer about this. He and a couple of other sports writers made these references but had nothing to back it up. I didn't hear the name of the guy though.
But he backtracted it on WFAN and said it was that they thought there must be a clubhouse issue but that Pete was not it.
The truth is, he is maybe the most liked guy in that clubhouse.

• Love
Ignore is great. I can see the usual DBs are posting, but don't see what they are posting, nor do I care. Ignorance is bliss.
The problem is- a couple of these guys are pretty decent in many other threads. But there are 3 that Mods could look at their history and see every single post they do in this thread is a troll. As they would try to say I post in the Yankee thread, which I do and in the Philly thread too- but they could go through my history and actually see that I am not trolling over there but just trying to engage in baseball talk. If they did the same here, it would be enjoyable to get other views

I heard the guys on wfan talking to a sports writer about this. He and a couple of other sports writers made these references but had nothing to back it up. I didn't hear the name of the guy though.
But he backtracted it on WFAN and said it was that they thought there must be a clubhouse issue but that Pete was not it.
The truth is, he is maybe the most liked guy in that clubhouse.
Exactly. Some of the usual d-bags loved it and ran with it,actually bragging they were busting their Mets fan buddies,lol. They must be fun to share a cold one with. lmfao! One in particular I know who knows I'm talking about him. Lol

Last edited:
Is it OK if I don't care? It's fairly easy to avoid boneheads.

And, as Knight says, the ignore button is a great friend. I've even used it for the Mets fans who just spend too much time whining.

extend Pete, sign Yamamoto, Otani, Snell, and enjoy.
axe_ortolans.0.jpg

Reactions: tico brown
extend Pete, sign Yamamoto, Otani, Snell, and enjoy.
axe_ortolans.0.jpg
Pete is the number 1 priority- Yamamoto would be my number 2. I am a bit hesitant on SO but if Cohen wants to spend the money- I'm ok with it. But just being a DH for 50 mil per year- ehhhhhhh I'd almost be more willing to bring back Conforto for one of the OF positions for so much less. - Plus- We have guys like Vientos/Baty fighting for who is worse at 3B
Snell could be a mistake with winning the CY(almost sure of it) this year and being inconsistent most of the year. Maybe go for a Montgomary type or trade for the kid in Pittsburgh. Bring Robertson back and fill in a few other blanks in middle relief.

The mods won’t do a thing because #1 it adds clicks to a thread, 2 they won’t do a thing unless it’s something they’re interested in.

And it’s not like the trolls weren’t begged to show up with all that bait that was left up top.

It’s a trolls world in Rutgers Rivals.
Met fans are such crybabies.
The crying is almost enough to make me not wanna add my insightful comments to this particular thread on The Rutgers Football board.

Rumors from Chicago is that the Cubs will make a big trade offer to acquire Alonso, and that Pete would be amenable to extending with them. How true any of that is, I have no idea.

My ignorance notwithstanding, I can speculate with the best of them. Here is my totally baseless speculation:

* At Stearns' press conference, Alonso was hoping/expecting to hear "We will make every effort to sign Pete Alonso to an extension this off-season."

* He did not hear anything close to that.

* He's kinda pissed.

Met fans are such crybabies.
The crying is almost enough to make me not wanna add my insightful comments to this particular thread on The Rutgers Football board.
The funny thing is- if any Met fan were to troll like you guys do over here- you would have 3x the number of posts.
So- let's try to keep your panties on this year because no one is doing the same thing over there. You all had been left alone the entire year.
GTFU

Let's talk baseball. Huge article in post. Sounds like Buck was forced to play vogelbach despite Buck not wanting to. Article sheds light on many of the issues discussed before.

So according to this, Buck wanted Voggelbach gone but Eppler forced this guy down everyone’s throats while keeping Mauricio in the minors.

My apologies to Buck Showalter.

And it looks like according to this that Eppler will stay as GM since he and Stearns are friends (and both actually acquired Volgelbach in the past). Why do I have the feeling that Eppler is the Alonso leaker and Pete will be gone as well?

Inepptler

Not good when GM over values players like Hogeybach.

Really think Eppler is only still here cause he signed Ohtani .

The funny thing is- if any Met fan were to troll like you guys do over here- you would have 3x the number of posts.
So- let's try to keep your panties on this year because no one is doing the same thing over there. You all had been left alone the entire year.
GTFU
I couldn't care less whether fans of other teams post in the Yankees thread...on The Rutgers Football Board.

"And the ball game is OVER!"

Three days after deciding not to complete the Marlins rainout game, MLB has awarded the victory to the Mets. Let us celebrate!

Not much mourning in Miami though. Right now they've got more pressing concerns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT