ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2023-2024 Off Season Thread

[IMG alt="RuBird"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/rutgers/data/avatars/m/0/84.jpg?1662288109[/IMG]

RuBird

Heisman Winner​

Gold Member

Met fans are such crybabies.
The crying is almost enough to make me not wanna add my insightful comments to this particular thread on The Rutgers Football board.
What will it take for you to not add these pearls of wisdom?
I think this might work.
restrained hannibal lecter GIF

Disagree..,
He followed his boss and to be honest…he food a good job at the TD this year.
But he did have to go
Wonder how much that "leaked" story in the Post yesterday was used to embarrass Eppler and force him to resign.
I didn't understand why they retained him in first place once they brought in the new guy. Made no sense.

Wonder how much that "leaked" story in the Post yesterday was used to embarrass Eppler and force him to resign.
I didn't understand why they retained him in first place once they brought in the new guy. Made no sense.

I’ve heard he’s become chief of staff for Darren Ruf and personal chef for Vogelbach.
@Richard Schnyderite dude- not 2 days in and these guys are already out of control. Check the Yankee thread in comparison if no one else SF needs to be out of all Met threads. The rest, will sometimes just converse

It’s being reported : Eppler to become personal chef for Vogelbach and will become Chief of Staff for Darren Ruf.

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
@Richard Schnyderite dude- not 2 days in and these guys are already out of control. Check the Yankee thread in comparison if no one else SF needs to be out of all Met threads. The rest, will sometimes just converse
Huh? I’m a Mets fan ! I post on the Mets thread all the time. Im bashing Eppler. How could you not. You need to complain about Superfan and KBee - not me !

Rumor has it Cubuffdoug leaked it. 🙃
DAMN RIGHT!!! 😁

I assume that is a rhetorical question, because I sure don't have the answer.

On the Vogelbach issue, the obvious (to me, anyway) leaker is Buck.
Unless a third party was privy to their private discussions, which I doubt, then only Buck or Eppler could have leaked it, and Buck is the only one with a motive to do so. That motive, of course, would be to make Eppler look like an arse. TBH, at this point anything Buck says about Met management/ownership must be taken with a grain of salt. Maybe an entire shaker.

Are you sure Buck is the leak? This looks like someone else within the organization wanted a scorch-earth policy enacted to ensure Eppler is forced out the door. Also, while driving earlier today and listening to sports talk radio, the host said Eppler imposed his will on the team more this year than last. If true, it's not a good look for Eppler. It was said Eppler interpreted analytics to fit his agenda. Vogelpuff is example #1. This could be the host piling on, but something tells me there is a lot of truth to it.

Huh? I’m a Mets fan ! I post on the Mets thread all the time. Im bashing Eppler. How could you not. You need to complain about Superfan and KBee - not me !
Ok- not you…SF pushed me over lol but he really should never be allowed in a Met thread. Ever

Agree and more so on the last point. No client wants to hear Boras cry about a different client. He will maximize value for this particular player.
With that said- if two offers are equal or close to equal- he will let the client decide.
Boras will also be motivated to make things work. You don't want to piss off the big dog.

Make because the Mets have been a💩 show this past week with all the Eppler stuff, Jerry Recco made a great point that now I can’t get rid of the thought of David Stearns has the same Chaim Bloom vibe when he got to Boston and got rid of Mookie Betts. Doesn’t bode well for Pete Alonso I guess.

Brings us up to #10 on the combined trolls count. Looks like superfan01 is far and away the leader. If he can stay healthy, he might put up Mr. May type numbers. If only we knew who he was a fan of then we could evaluate his team but he won't kiss and tell. 🤣

Make because the Mets have been a💩 show this past week with all the Eppler stuff, Jerry Recco made a great point that now I can’t get rid of the thought of David Stearns has the same Chaim Bloom vibe when he got to Boston and got rid of Mookie Betts. Doesn’t bode well for Pete Alonso I guess.
I still think Pete signs with us, but I have to admit it's getting a little dicey. Let him play it out like Judge did, if he craps the bed then he doesn't deserve what Herman got.

Holding my breath on who our next GM will be. Checking down the list of our last 3 the only charges left if we don't get a repeat offender would be a mass murderer, crack smuggler or he would show to have worked for the Mexican Cartel in his background, lol. Never easy being a Mets fan that's for sure.

Reactions: RAHWAYBOB
Maybe if you stopped feeding him by responding to him??
Seriously, that's been tried over the years, since nothing is talked about in The Dead Zone, they are like flies to a light bulb in any Mets thread and that's the fact .

Last edited:
Seriously, that's been tried over the years, since nothing is talked about in The Dead Zone, they are like flies to a light bulb in any Mets thread and that's the fact .
You're right; we can't get rid of them. One of my frustrations with this site is that the moderators don't do enough to eliminate bad actors. (I've told moderators this; I understand why they don't do more, but still it's a shame.) But we can make the bad actors less of a pest. Responding to them only makes them troll more; it gives them the attention they crave. Think of them as being like mosquitos. We can't get rid of them, but still we minimize bites by eliminating their breeding ground when we can.

No. I post here when I have something relevant to contribute...from a different perspective. I really don't care if any Mets fans respond to my posting.
I'm sure you can tell that one effect of your postings is to annoy Mets fans. If that's what you want to do, no one can stop you. But if you really want to make a useful contribution, perhaps you should alter your tone. Just the advice of an old guy -- take it for what it's worth.

I wished the Mets had pulled an Atlanta Braves move and locked Pete up early when he was years away from FA. If the stories are factual, both sides have agreed in theory on the money, but the years are the roadblock. Mets said 8, and Pete said 10. Well, why not throw away this last year of control and sign Pete to a 9-year deal? You don't grow 40+/100+ players on trees, and clearly, the Mets lack a power threat in their line-up without Pete.

I wished the Mets had pulled an Atlanta Braves move and locked Pete up early when he was years away from FA. If the stories are factual, both sides have agreed in theory on the money, but the years are the roadblock. Mets said 8, and Pete said 10. Well, why not throw away this last year of control and sign Pete to a 9-year deal? You don't grow 40+/100+ players on trees, and clearly, the Mets lack a power threat in their line-up without Pete.
dude will hit 500-600 HR's as a Met- 8/9/10 years- you just do it. How many organizations are able to claim 500+ HR's for any single player in the modern era and there won't be many post 2000 if ever again.
Only 7 teams in history have had a single player hit for more than 500 HR's for them.

No. I post here when I have something relevant to contribute...from a different perspective. I really don't care if any Mets fans respond to my posting.
From another perspective, lol, of course you say that as if Mets Hate isn't dripping from everyone of those posts, lol. Troll post #11 & 12. Take your different perspective to The Dead Zone and The 3 Amigos and the rest of your buddies from The Island of Misfit Toys.🚌

Last edited:
Something doesn't pass the eye test. Another Cohen Rule? The Mets this season placed 25 players on the IL a total of 28 times, according to ESPN Stats & Information. That ranked 16th among MLB teams. San Francisco, with 46 IL placements, was first, just ahead of Cincinnati (45) and the Los Angeles Angels (42). Houston had the fewest players (14) hit the IL, with Cleveland (17) and Seattle and Arizona (18) staying relatively healthy.

• Haha
Reactions: superfan01
Makes too much sense for this to happen

Doesn't make your team relevant (OR especially, interesting). Noone cares. Including Yankee fans, who would rather spend their time here.

Home attendance MLB teams:
(per game)
1. LA Dodgers.....47,371
2. San Diego.......40,390
3. New York Yankees....40,358

14. New York Mets,,,,31,772

Reactions: superfan01
Home attendance MLB teams:
(per game)
1. LA Dodgers.....47,371
2. San Diego.......40,390
3. New York Yankees....40,358

14. New York Mets,,,,31,772
Again, the fact you spend so much time in this thread speaks volumes about the state of your team…. Even YOU don’t care. You can still be a Mets fan!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT