ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Mets Season

56595731.jpg

Surprised if Oakland is the team familia is traded to as they have good bullpen. Would have thought Cubs, Astros or giants.

I knew Cespedes wasnt going to be around long. But this is typical Mets in acting like idiot teenagers with new cars who drive them into the ground before they even think to fix the motor.

Check out @SteveGelbs’s Tweet:

Sounds like Cespedes is looking to join David Wright.

What's the record for number of players on a roster who never play?

Sounds like Cespedes is looking to join David Wright.

What's the record for number of players on a roster who never play?
Mets will have to hold the record salary in that category: Wright, Cespedes and Bonilla.
The move to Citi Field has been lethal for injuries. WTF was on that site--some sort of ancient burial ground?

Is it possible that he Cespedes wants to have the surgery done now to be ready for next year but the admin are telling him to play through the injuries? How many times have you seen this with how many players in how many years now? DWright's shoulder surgery turned into spinal stenosis, Syndergaard was out 2 months for a finger, deGrom and Rivera's injuries were normal until both got season ending surgeries. JOHAN SANTANA!!! I'm not even going to wonder about Cliff Floyd, Delgado, and those guys lol.

I mean enough is enough. When is admin feet going to be held to the fire by someone?

BTW, Is it true that Familia isnt traded yet because the Wilpons are holding out for less salary to pay? I mean if true, what are you waiting for MLB???

Is it possible that he Cespedes wants to have the surgery done now to be ready for next year but the admin are telling him to play through the injuries? How many times have you seen this with how many players in how many years now? DWright's shoulder surgery turned into spinal stenosis, Syndergaard was out 2 months for a finger, deGrom and Rivera's injuries were normal until both got season ending surgeries. JOHAN SANTANA!!! I'm not even going to wonder about Cliff Floyd, Delgado, and those guys lol.

I mean enough is enough. When is admin feet going to be held to the fire by someone?

BTW, Is it true that Familia isnt traded yet because the Wilpons are holding out for less salary to pay? I mean if true, what are you waiting for MLB???
These guys in a major market need to have the team taken away from them. There has to be some sort of clause based on competing for the good of the league for God's sake.

Oh and by the way - you know whose name ISN'T mentioned in any of these trade rumors? Brandon Nimmo, because the Mets aren't trading him. Remember when the proposed McCutcheon trade fell apart because the Mets weren't willing to part with Nimmo? Sometimes they do get it right.
Hope we're not getting overly enamored with a guy who has leveled off big time to where's he is now batting in the low .250;s.

Hope we're not getting overly enamored with a guy who has leveled off big time to where's he is now batting in the low .250;s.
he will hot better over time, at least he hussles and brings a spark to the team. Familia trade sounds like a salary dump

Get the feeling this Den Dekker guy couldn't get a hit even if the pitchers were throwing softballs instead of baseballs. Why is he even around??
Yeah but he can sure field.........oh wait a minute.

Was not watching game. Just checked box score. Saw that Cabrera was pinch hit for. Was he injured, or is a trade imminent for him too?

BTW, the Familia to Oakland trade is in medical review. I would think it will be announced today.

Was not watching game. Just checked box score. Saw that Cabrera was pinch hit for. Was he injured, or is a trade imminent for him too?

BTW, the Familia to Oakland trade is in medical review. I would think it will be announced today.

Cabrera got thrown out of the game for slamming his bat down after the third base ump said he swung at strike 3

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Trade is about international money? So I guess we will be competing in 7 years when these 16 yr olds turn 23. Hope the coupons will be long gone by then.

Good grief. I know this team is garbage but they continually get less than garbage back. They might as well just keep these players. They got nothing for Reed, Bruce and now Familia. Salary dumps don’t even make sense because they don’t spend money, and when they do...Cesepdes...lol.

It's amazing that they almost won with that lineup they had today. Has there ever been a lineup presented for an MLB game with that many guys batting less than .250? And well under. 250 in most instances.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It's amazing that they almost won with that lineup they had today. Has there ever been a lineup presented for an MLB game with that many guys batting less than .250? And well under. 250 in most instances.
I would like to know what does denDecker, Ty Kelly, and Reyes have on the organization that they're still on the squad. Those 3 shouldnt even play for the LI Ducks. I'm just shocked Eric Campbell isnt on the team again.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I would like to know what does denDecker, Ty Kelly, and Reyes have on the organization that they're still on the squad. Those 3 shouldnt even play for the LI Ducks. I'm just shocked Eric Campbell isnt on the team again.

We’re the Marlins-North...but without the plan.

We’re the Marlins-North...but without the plan.
There is a plan. International signing. We just received money so we can throw more $ at 16 yr old SS with no guarantees they will ever play higher then AAA ball

Those guys are not the problem. They are just symptoms.

It was done when MLB took the Dodgers away from the McCourts. LA has been a better org since then.
Is the front office so inept at securing talent or is ownership just concerned about salary dumping? If the latter, Manfred needs to get his legal staff working on forcing the Coupons to sell. Selig should have done this after the Madoff scandal but he was chummy with Fred Wilpon.

On the other hand, Padres trade Brad Hand (an overrated reliever) and get a Top 20 MLB Prospect (Mejia) and all the Mets can do is get fringe assets for Familia. Wait till the damn deadline to trade him as I'm sure several teams would have buckled and give up more talent (Cubs; Astros; Red Sox etc).

Maybe the 3 headed GM monster need to play some fantasy baseball to learn the art of trading.

Ugh

ADVERTISEMENT