ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

Eh idk. I have an ahltv sub so I watch a fair amount of pack games. Hes okay. I think his ceiling really is a 6/7 dman with a physical presence. He does nothing particularly well. Zac Jones is actually a pretty good pp qb but he’ll never get that chance here with fox. Itd be nice to see us move zac jones for a more physical dman prospects or a bottom 6 center prospect for teams that need a PMD
As do I. I was very high on Robertson when he was drafted but he has struggled and hasn't really blossomed into what everyone was hoping / projecting when he was drafted. Defenseman have historically taken more time to develop - at least those that don't have all world skating abilities - but I'm not sure if / what he'll become.

I'd prefer to keep Berard and Sykora but realize need to give up something. My biggest concern is price, as well as the fact that deadline acquisitions rarely pan out.

I also want nothing to do with a RW for top line. It won't be worth the asking price, those guys need to drive the line anyways, and IMO more valuable to me to get contributions throughout the lineup (eg 3C).

All the pregame challenges for Rempe are getting a little old. Play hockey.

Agree. Fights happen in hockey due to passion and emotion. Agreeing to it beforehand is kind of stupid. Plus, is it just the "new guy"? Because there are a lot of tough customers in the NHL, and I haven't seem too many of these pre-game challenges that weren't an overflow of a previous incident.

Reactions: ClassOf02
Agree. Fights happen in hockey due to passion and emotion. Agreeing to it beforehand is kind of stupid. Plus, is it just the "new guy"? Because there are a lot of tough customers in the NHL, and I haven't seem too many of these pre-game challenges that weren't an overflow of a previous incident.
To me, arranged fighting at the beginning of the game is as stupid as the “we have to fight the guy who just laid a big hit on a teammate, even if it was clean”

Reactions: zappaa
About a week before trade deadline. If you were GM, what moves do you make?

I've already said I think upgrade at 3C is most important need, but there is one move outside of that that intrigues me.

IF the Rangers could get Jordan Eberle from Seattle at a reasonable price, I might make that move and ride Brodzinski as a 3C.

Just for fun. Any other thoughts or players for you guys? Would love some under the radar opinions as well.

About a week before trade deadline. If you were GM, what moves do you make?

I've already said I think upgrade at 3C is most important need, but there is one move outside of that that intrigues me.

IF the Rangers could get Jordan Eberle from Seattle at a reasonable price, I might make that move and ride Brodzinski as a 3C.

Just for fun. Any other thoughts or players for you guys? Would love some under the radar opinions as well.
Going big, (I don’t have the time to figure out the $$ or exactly I’m what pieces from each side would make it fair) a package from the Rangers that includes Miller and the first (but doesn’t include Othmann or Perreault) to Ottawa for Pinto and Chychrun.

Or they could go small and get Roslovic who can play C or RW. Not great defensively, but the wingers on that line are good at defense and he would improve the offense significantly over Brodzinski.

Going big, (I don’t have the time to figure out the $$ or exactly I’m what pieces from each side would make it fair) a package from the Rangers that includes Miller and the first (but doesn’t include Othmann or Perreault) to Ottawa for Pinto and Chychrun.

Or they could go small and get Roslovic who can play C or RW. Not great defensively, but the wingers on that line are good at defense and he would improve the offense significantly over Brodzinski.

I also like Novak from Nashville @$800,000 expiring contract. Cheap center, defense not great, but between Kakko and Cullye it's a decent fit.

Rangers were due for a stinker after 10 straight wins.
But man. It’s incredible how poorly they defend and how much space they give on their off nights

Reactions: T2Kplus20
But man. It’s incredible how poorly they defend and how much space they give on their off nights
Zibanejad better have the big March he usually has, or people are going to start noticing he has been playing like a** for quite a while.

Reactions: RU Cheese
trouba is awful. zib doesnt look like he wants to be out there half the time.

Luckily we have laff and panarin, 2 of the best 5v5 players in the sport

Zibanejad better have the big March he usually has, or people are going to start noticing he has been playing like a** for quite a while.
it was comical how many consecutive one timers he smashed wide in the final two minutes. It'd be nice if his massively overrated shot could at least offset his terrible 200 foot play.

Reactions: KK1827
,,, offset his terrible 200 foot play.
I’m not saying the guy is the 2nd coming of Mark Messier - far, far from it. But if every player had his GF/GA differential per 60 at ES, this NYR team would be the 77 Habs (side note Larry Robinson was an insane +120! that year).

GF per 60 and GA per 60 at ES:
Zbad GF 3.5 GA 2.3
Panarin GF 3.6 GA 3.0
Laf GF 3.2 GA 3.4

Speaking of Mika, to me he just seems like a gentle, gentle soul. For the life of me, not sure how or why he would last so long in, what can be, a very brutal and physical sport.

Heard a rumor that Brady Tkachuk may be available.

He would be an expensive get, but would you do it? To do that, my only untouchable would be Perrault. To include Othmann, I'd want to swap first rounders. (Don't think Ottawa would.)

He would be an expensive get, but would you do it? To do that, my only untouchable would be Perrault. To include Othmann, I'd want to swap first rounders. (Don't think Ottawa would.)
The price would be huge for Othmann, because most of the league would want him if they could get him.

Perreault is already a favorite player for me because I have seen him play twice up close already, but I don’t think you can have any untouchable prospects if you want any Tkachuk,

Theyd probably want a mix of nhl guys and prospects/picks.

Kandre
Kakko
Othmann
1st

I think thats realistic. There will be rangers fans that say thats too much to give up and theres sens fans that will say thats too little

The price would be huge for Othmann, because most of the league would want him if they could get him.

Perreault is already a favorite player for me because I have seen him play twice up close already, but I don’t think you can have any untouchable prospects if you want any Tkachuk,

I haven't seen him play, but think it's possible that he is the most talented prospect the Rangers have had in my lifetime. From what I've read. Currently ranks first in ponts/game in
NCAAs, and only a freshman.

Would love Tkachuk for a playoff run, but if you don't win, you just emptied the cupboard.

Theyd probably want a mix of nhl guys and prospects/picks.

Kandre
Kakko
Othmann
1st

I think thats realistic. There will be rangers fans that say thats too much to give up and theres sens fans that will say thats too little

Not for that price, but only player that would have me thinking about taking a big swing.

I haven't seen him play, but think it's possible that he is the most talented prospect the Rangers have had in my lifetime. From what I've read. Currently ranks first in ponts/game in

Would love Tkachuk for a playoff run, but if you don't win, you just emptied the cupboard.
I watched Perreault at BC’s two games at Maine, and he really stood out. His skating has been questioned, and he’s am not qualified to know whether that is something that will catch up to him at the NHL level, but his puck handling and vision are elite.

Can Tkachuk play RW? If not, getting him would involve a permanent move for Kreider then.

I like
If we get lucky Mika might score 5 on 5 before the season ends
I like how all of the media talk is always about the Rangers needing to find a RW that can play with Mika and Kreider, and never that those two are so bad at 5v5 at this point that no RW looks good playing with them.

Kakko was more dangerous playing with Cuylle and Brodzinski than he is on the first line, and so is Vesey.

I like

I like how all of the media talk is always about the Rangers needing to find a RW that can play with Mika and Kreider, and never that those two are so bad at 5v5 at this point that no RW looks good playing with them.

Kakko was more dangerous playing with Cuylle and Brodzinski than he is on the first line, and so is Vesey.
Yeah but Mika & Kreider hug after every home win, so they’re obviously awesome.

Mika hasn’t scored 5 on 5 since December.

Am I the only one who thinks Kreider and Mika get their best scoring chances short handed.

Other than PP of course

Reactions: KK1827
I like

I think Conner Mackey might be a move they should think about, Lindgren stinks imo.

I think Conner Mackey might be a move they should think about, Lindgren stinks imo.
For some reason I like Lindbergh while I still recognize his toughness covers up a lot of bad play that is only getting worse. It is starting to get creepy how much his career is mirroring Girardi’s. I hope that doesn’t continue with the Rangers giving him a too big contract with too much term.

For some reason I like Lindbergh while I still recognize his toughness covers up a lot of bad play that is only getting worse. It is starting to get creepy how much his career is mirroring Girardi’s. I hope that doesn’t continue with the Rangers giving him a too big contract with too much term.

Worried about term in next Lindgren contract as well.

Wishlist would be Henrique and Eberle, but at what price?
I don't want a swing for the fence deal (imagine the price for Guentzel) because if you don't win the Cup you've depleted a ton of prospects/future assets.

Feel better.
431568723_726114206275782_1669241833260424542_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT