ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

Big win. Crazy stat about Rangers not playing Isles in over 400 days.
Nhl should go back to 15 years ago. Atlantic division, 6 games vs divisional opponents. It was far more entertaining. Idgaf about playing seattle and the jets 2X

Rangers are missing

1) crease clearing dman
2) a frank vatrano type to play on mika’s RW

Idk if theyll even try for #1 but we’ll see
Aren’t they paying guys on both the first and second pair who are supposed to be #1?

8 in a row. They have to be doing something right. Igor sharp tonight.

Igor's best performance of the season tonight. One goal for a Cup contender in the Dallas Stars. Some real impressive performances in those eight games since Kakko returned

Reactions: KK1827 and zappaa
Igor's best performance of the season tonight. One goal for a Cup contender in the Dallas Stars. Some real impressive performances in those eight games since Kakko returned
And that one goal was a mad scramble in front of the net after Igor made an amazing save or two (and the Rangers failed to clear). Stellar performance tonight.

Next three are all division road games….@NJD, @PHL, @COL.

Devils played like garbage tonight but always show up verse NYR, especially at home, and are fast. This feels an awful lot like a game where NJ shows up and NY doesn't but hopefully I'm wrong.

Devils played like garbage tonight but always show up verse NYR, especially at home, and are fast. This feels an awful lot like a game where NJ shows up and NY doesn't but hopefully I'm wrong.
Game 57 for the Rangers
Game 7 for the Devils

Reactions: RU Cheese
Othmann called up, which means either Panarin or Vesey aren’t going tonight.

Anyone see the note from Eliot Friedman about Buchnevich possibly being available? Not that they are going to get it, but he says STL is asking for two firsts. Meanwhile, this will probably be the third deadline in a row where the Rangers trade away a first for a rental to fill the hole we created by moving Buch.

Othmann called up, which means either Panarin or Vesey aren’t going tonight.

Anyone see the note from Eliot Friedman about Buchnevich possibly being available? Not that they are going to get it, but he says STL is asking for two firsts. Meanwhile, this will probably be the third deadline in a row where the Rangers trade away a first for a rental to fill the hole we created by moving Buch.
My guess is they're going to rest bread after he took that shot off his ankle last night. Rangers treating this one like game 57 while locked into the playoffs

My guess is they're going to rest bread after he took that shot off his ankle last night. Rangers treating this one like game 57 while locked into the playoffs
yup
Once Bread took his skates off he was gonna feel that one.
It’s a good injury to numb up and play on, can’t make it any worse, but the game isn’t that important to Rangers as you say Kyk

put some damn respect on laff’s name!!! One of the top players in hockey at carrying the puck into the offensive zone. And hes the furthest below expected goals.

You watch tonight and ask yourself whos the first overall pick laff or hughes and everyones saying laff

put some damn respect on laff’s name!!! One of the top players in hockey at carrying the puck into the offensive zone. And hes the furthest below expected goals.

You watch tonight and ask yourself whos the first overall pick laff or hughes and everyones saying laff
I am as big a Ranger fan as there is, but you had a few too many during the game if you think anyone would pick Lafreniere over Hughes, even with Laf’s recent improvement.

Reactions: RUpop
I am as big a Ranger fan as there is, but you had a few too many during the game if you think anyone would pick Lafreniere over Hughes, even with Laf’s recent improvement.
Hughes is tissue paper. Too small and injury prone. LaF may be the better choice in the long-run.

Last night specifically I said. Last night laff was the better player, not up for debate.

Laff as ive told @zappaa for years now is a world class talent and a future rangers captain. Hes going to be a 30/30 type player with 40/40 upside who plays fairly physical and has high end skill. Keep in mind, hes doing all this right now almost exclusively 5v5. One of the best 5v5 players in hockey and hes only 22 years old

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Regarding the hit by Rempe last night; if the 2 players were equal height it's not even a penalty. Because of the head being point of contact, I didn't have a problem with the penalty called. But the delivery of the hit was clean and pretty textbook.

I do, and I still think the two thread concept is dumb given the same ten people read and contribute to both threads
Who was the idiot who wanted two separate threads to begin with. That moron was very adamant about it too. There should just be a rangers/devs/isles thread

Who was the idiot who wanted two separate threads to begin with. That moron was very adamant about it too. There should just be a rangers/devs/isles thread
I would add Flyers to the mix. There are a few Philly lurkers here too. And they are having a really good year.

I agree one thread would be better. The issue is that the kiddies on all sides devolve into Rags suck, Debbies are pussies, Icelanders blow, Flygirls <insert whatever> etc., etc. And we have one big stupid, boring mess.

Reactions: Section124
I much prefer the one thread. It was the Devil's fans that wanted the single thread. Reading that thread is like reading the Mets full season thread....just a lot of whining and complaining. I hate the juvenile "Rags" / "Philthy" and other dumb references they use, but there are a bunch of knowledgeable posters there.

I do, and I still think the two thread concept is dumb given the same ten people read and contribute to both threads
We need two threads, but not split by teams.

One for talk about actual hockey and related matters. One for the same 4-5 narcissistic posters who do nothing but post the same insults back and forth at each other as if that adds some kind of value.

One for talk about actual hockey and related matters. One for the same 4-5 narcissistic posters who do nothing but post the same insults back and forth at each other as if that adds some kind of value.

I try to avoid (though not always successful) the in-game tit for tat because, as you said, there is no value to discussion.

I remember years ago when forums were brand new, someone said " don't tell me your team is great and my team sucks, tell me WHY."
I've always found hockey discussions can be limited to two types of people: hockey fans and enter team name here fans.

Krup - What do you think happens before trade deadline? The 10g streak doesn't change anything to me but could see it making Drury more likely to go big.

I don't like any of the F names mentioned and do not want to trade a 1st. I'd prefer a LHD or depth defenseman but worried Drury will make dumb move. I'm assuming / hoping Perrault and Othman are untouchable.

Krup - What do you think happens before trade deadline? The 10g streak doesn't change anything to me but could see it making Drury more likely to go big.

I don't like any of the F names mentioned and do not want to trade a 1st. I'd prefer a LHD or depth defenseman but worried Drury will make dumb move. I'm assuming / hoping Perrault and Othman are untouchable.

Have read that ALL inquiries into Othmann and Perrault have been shut down; don't even ask.

Going to the trade deadline? It all comes down to price. Areas of need (ONLY MY OPINION) are a right wing for top line, a center upgrade for 3C, and a depth defenseman. Henrique might make the most sense for the playoffs as he is a solid 200 foot center. There should not be a need for a top line right wing; someone just might need to remind Mika and Kreider to up their game come playoff time.

Have read that ALL inquiries into Othmann and Perrault have been shut down; don't even ask.

Going to the trade deadline? It all comes down to price. Areas of need (ONLY MY OPINION) are a right wing for top line, a center upgrade for 3C, and a depth defenseman. Henrique might make the most sense for the playoffs as he is a solid 200 foot center. There should not be a need for a top line right wing; someone just might need to remind Mika and Kreider to up their game come playoff time.
Brett Berard is going to be a good one too. I think he'll be a solid 3rd line winger. Rangers have some good prospects in the pipeline. Where they're very thin prospect pool wise is on D and center. They have a plethora of wingers. The issue is just can Chytil come back? If so you have a solid young-ish center there.

But personally at the TDL I'd be looking to hold onto my prospects and move picks. Here's how I'd rank the rangers prospects in terms of untouchable

1) perrault
2) othmann
3) berard

The rest i'd be willing to move in the right trade.

Brett Berard is going to be a good one too. I think he'll be a solid 3rd line winger. Rangers have some good prospects in the pipeline. Where they're very thin prospect pool wise is on D and center. They have a plethora of wingers. The issue is just can Chytil come back? If so you have a solid young-ish center there.

But personally at the TDL I'd be looking to hold onto my prospects and move picks. Here's how I'd rank the rangers prospects in terms of untouchable

1) perrault
2) othmann
3) berard

The rest i'd be willing to move in the right trade.

Holding out hope that Matt Robertson can emerge as a D prospect. 2 years???

I think it is likely they are trading the first. I don’t like it, but agree that retaining Othmann and Perreault is most important,

I think it is likely they are trading the first. I don’t like it, but agree that retaining Othmann and Perreault is most important,
If the team is high on their prospects, trading a pick from time to time isn't a big deal.

Holding out hope that Matt Robertson can emerge as a D prospect. 2 years???
Eh idk. I have an ahltv sub so I watch a fair amount of pack games. Hes okay. I think his ceiling really is a 6/7 dman with a physical presence. He does nothing particularly well. Zac Jones is actually a pretty good pp qb but he’ll never get that chance here with fox. Itd be nice to see us move zac jones for a more physical dman prospects or a bottom 6 center prospect for teams that need a PMD

If the team is high on their prospects, trading a pick from time to time isn't a big deal.
The problem is, it isn’t from time to time, and you end up with no prospects to be high on.

Before the “letter” I believe it was 4 straight years they traded their first. If they trade away their first this year we will be on a 3 year run of trading a first round pick.

Reactions: RU Cheese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT