ADVERTISEMENT

OT: EURO 2024 Thread

That was an incredible screaming rocket and Denmark could've scored more. England seemed to just go into a shell after taking the lead on the Kane goal, which was all about Walker's blindside steal, as you noted. I root for England (mildly), so would like to see them win.
Denmark’s midfield has been better than England’s by far.

England playing terribly in the back and midfield, giving the ball away easily over and over again. They're lucky to still be tied.

Southgate not putting Cole in when he changed up the front just so moronic.

England playing terribly in the back and midfield, giving the ball away easily over and over again. They're lucky to still be tied.
Actually thought central defender Marc Guehi was England’s best player today.

I’m enjoying the stylistic battle here between Spain and Italy. Spain looks beautiful, but Italy is so dangerous on counters. Then again, Spain is shredding catenaccio.

After Germany, Spain is the next team I root for from Europe. I like their style of play, it’s fun to watch when they’re on.
I enjoy this team’s style of play. Hated the previous version. Boring as hell but very effective. This group is definitely not boring.

That's not my take. They just never win the big games, even when they play better. They always find ways to lose, especially when it comes to PKs. Unfortunately, it often comes down to their manager. Southgate himself has done it.

That's because deep down, they love to lose.

I’m all for tweaks but yesterdays kits were a downright abomination

When you have an all time classic uni line they do, I wish they’d slightly adjust if needed instead of going MLB city classic style
So they were “diversity” jerseys. Honest to God. In my humble opinion, there’s a time place for all of that, absolutely, but not when you’re changing your national team colors in an international competition as such. I didn’t like the USA wearing the pride flag colors on their numbers last week on their jerseys as well. I know some people feel different differently, but I think something should be kept sacred.

I am scared to death that we’re gonna look way too much like England (in the COPA). Which against South American teams is not going to go over very well.

France just dodged a bullet with a Dutch offsides taking a goal away. 0-0 through 70 minutes. Game has been a bit choppy, but also some exciting plays and great goaltending. Wish Mbappe was playing.

France had been dominating the 2nd half before that disallowed goal.

Disappointing match. They played it safe after they couldn’t break through early.

As good as Spain and Germany have looked (and I had them and England as the prohibitive favorites) - it is just the group stage. I think of the English in Euro 96 running rampant over the Dutch and then losing in pks to Germany and the Dutch in WC 2014 blitzing Spain and their group and then getting dunked in penalties.

As lifeless as the English have been - they've got players (and 4 points!). They just need to advance.

In general, looking great now is good but it is really just about advancing. Once you get to the last 8 really anybody with some breaks can win it.

Reactions: RU848789 and RUPete
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT