ADVERTISEMENT

OT: EURO 2024 Thread

Spain looked dominant
Is Crotoia bad, or is Spain that good?
Need to root for Albania from here on out
Not as knowledgeable as others but hasn’t been Croatia been like a dark horse kind of team for a bit. Are their core players getting older now? Kind of wonder about Belgium in that regard too.

Not as knowledgeable as others but hasn’t been Croatia been like a dark horse kind of team for a bit. Are their core players getting older now? Kind of wonder about Belgium in that regard too.
They're a little long in the tooth, but that was certainly atypical of Croatia to get dominated like that

Was it an abberation? Are they not good? Or is Spain simply that dominant?

Likely a combination, but what we do know is that, as of right now, Spain is by far the best team in that group

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Let's see what a Lewandowski-less Poland can do this morning against who I would consider is the best defender in the world, Virgil Van Dijk and Netherlands (and his Liverpool teammates Gakpo and Granvenberch). Don't have my hopes up, but anything can happen.

Feel like that was almost addition by subtraction - no knock against Lewy at all, but other players were required to step up.

First Dutch goal was a result of poor clearance by our defense, second was a good shot and a bit lucky - the way the ball bounces.

Good game, but that was an important point (or 3) lost in a group that also includes Austria and France. Will be a fight.

Losing de Jong is just too much for the Dutch. They'll make the knockouts most likely but can't see much more for them.

To me there is a clear tier of elite if you look at the center of midfield. Germany has Kroos and Gundogan. France has Tchouameni and Camavinga. England has Rice and Bellingham.

The Dutch without de Jong will really struggle to control the game against any of the elites.

Last edited:
Absolutely Brilliant! Over the decades being an England fan has definitely much more difficult than being a Rutgers fan.

As my British friends say, deep down, the English love to lose. They'd rather complain than win. It's more fun for them.

Reactions: cicero grimes
As my British friends say, deep down, the English love to lose. They'd rather complain than win. It's more fun for them.
That's not my take. They just never win the big games, even when they play better. They always find ways to lose, especially when it comes to PKs. Unfortunately, it often comes down to their manager. Southgate himself has done it.

Mbappe broke his nose and will be out against Netherlands. Should be back with a face mask for the 3rd group match though.

I'm probably not going to get see any of the matches today. Caught Portugal vs. Czech Republic yesterday and it was more entertaining than I thought it would be.

5rrvvz.jpg
WTF is Germany wearing? These are worse than the unis Team USA wore recently. Ooooof.

Granted, I don’t like Germany, those uniforms are absolute dog shit.

Their regular kits are classic, one of the iconic and best looking in the world.
I’m not exactly sure the what these kits are for, and why, but whatever….Germany’s third kit has always been a shade of green which, IIRC, represented a past flag? These colors have zero to do with them/their history. Just for show and sales I guess.

Last edited:
I’m not exactly sure the what these kits are for, and why, but whatever….Germany’s third kit has always been a shade of green which, IIRC, represented a past flag? These colors have zero to do with them/their history. Just for show and sales I guess.
The green came from the original DFB logo. I thought their red jerseys with the black were pretty cool - you know, the ones they wore when dismantling Brazil 7-1 in the WC semis on their soil. I digress... Anything that draws on the element of a nation's flag like that is good. These? I don't know what these are.

The green came from the original DFB logo. I thought their red jerseys with the black were pretty cool - you know, the ones they wore when dismantling Brazil 7-1 in the WC semis on their soil. I digress... Anything that draws on the element of a nation's flag like that is good. These? I don't know what these are.
I’m all for tweaks but yesterdays kits were a downright abomination

When you have an all time classic uni line they do, I wish they’d slightly adjust if needed instead of going MLB city classic style

I’m all for tweaks but yesterdays kits were a downright abomination

When you have an all time classic uni line they do, I wish they’d slightly adjust if needed instead of going MLB city classic style
Agree. But we're through to the second round so I don't care what they look like!

Denmark with an amazing strike to even it.
That was an incredible screaming rocket and Denmark could've scored more. England seemed to just go into a shell after taking the lead on the Kane goal, which was all about Walker's blindside steal, as you noted. I root for England (mildly), so would like to see them win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT