ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFFICIAL 2017 LET'S GO METS SEASON THREAD

KBee3, in 3-2-1-,lol. I hope for his case,someone starts a Yankee thread to keep him happy. I'm looking forward to a great Mets season, and believe it or not,anxious to see the young kids for the Yankees.Should be a very interesting summer in the Big Apple! LGM!!!!

Harvey is getting pounded in Spring Training. Throwing in the low 90's. Off the field, he's lost nothing.
A few days ago, Francesa spoke for a while of Harvey's struggles. Perhaps he will not be with the team for the start of the season? Just start in FL and figure it out.

KBee3, in 3-2-1-,lol. I hope for his case,someone starts a Yankee thread to keep him happy. I'm looking forward to a great Mets season, and believe it or not,anxious to see the young kids for the Yankees.Should be a very interesting summer in the Big Apple! LGM!!!!
As a NYY fan, I am so pumped and excited for the season. So many young kids to watch! I'm only expecting 80-85 wins, but that is secondary to the growth and development of the kids. Some will miss, some will hit, but to spend a season looking for the next generation of the "Core 4" is going to be fun.

It could be a boring post season for the Mets;The last time a NY based politician won the Presidency,the Mets beat the Braves in 3 and the Orioles in 5.

As a long suffering Mets fan who was born the same year as their first season, I'll take that boring post season in a heart beat!!! [banana]:baseball:
LGM!!!!

Reactions: Newbrunfus
Kbee is trying out to become a yanks starter, cause they have none lol. Mets are loaded, deep everywhere. Harvey is not a top dog, we have his replacement ready. Mets will win 90 plus......

As a NYY fan, I am so pumped and excited for the season. So many young kids to watch! I'm only expecting 80-85 wins, but that is secondary to the growth and development of the kids. Some will miss, some will hit, but to spend a season looking for the next generation of the "Core 4" is going to be fun.

Vegas Wins Over/Under of note:
Cubs- 95.5
Dodgers 94.5
Indians- 93.5
Red Sox- 92.5
Astros- 91.5
Nationals- 91.5
Mets- 87.5
Blue Jays-84.5
Yankees-83.5

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I think something like the "Core 4", is a once in a lifetime happening.You might get lucky, but that level will be hard to reach I think.

Cubs- 95.5
Dodgers 94.5
Indians- 93.5
Red Sox- 92.5
Astros- 91.5
Nationals- 91.5
Mets- 87.5
Blue Jays-84.5
Yankees-83.5
Fair for the Yanks, low for the Mets, but the health of the starting pitching staff is a concern.

Cubs- 95.5
Dodgers 94.5
Indians- 93.5
Red Sox- 92.5
Astros- 91.5
Nationals- 91.5
Mets- 87.5
Blue Jays-84.5
Yankees-83.5

So they really went out on a limb with the projections for the Yanks and Metsies, eh ?
Last year the mets won 87 and the Yankees 84......can't figure out how they came up with those 2017 projections.
I'm hoping for a better year for the Yanks in 2017....even without A-Rod.
It's hard to figure with the mets. How many of their starters are gonna go down with a bum arm this year ?
:baseball::baseball::baseball::baseball:

Chapman will win them a lot of games that they lost last year.
And that's because they didn't have him last season? They traded him because they thought they were out of it,with him,lol. Yup, one and done, I guess your still smarting from another season of no post season. Oh well,if the young kids work out, you'll be back, but 90 wins this season, highly doubt it, just another in denial Yankee fan.

I don't see the Mets being any better than last year. How are they loaded? Pitching is good if they can stay healthy but I don't see their lineup as being anything special.

The Mets are gonna be killers this year with Tebow in the lineup! He's got God on his side.

I'll take the under on 87.5. Obviously Syndergaard is a stud, but he only won 14 last year. Who knows what deGrom bill be after last season. There are just a bunch of questions marks, both skill and health wise after Thor. They could definitely pan out and become a great rotation. But I'd bet against any more than 2 of them doing so.

Before anyone from either side starts their bullshit, I just hope nothing but the best for the Mets and the Yankees in 2017. Yankees may surprise some experts this season with their young guns. May be better if their pitching matches up. Will be fun for the Yankee fans if Gary Sanchez and the others prove last year was no fluke.

As far as the Mets, future is now. Even though they have some excess in the OF, IF, and rotation, they have two major questions: back end of bullpen and IF corners (Wright/Duda). But as a Mets fan, I hope that they can figure all that needs to be figured out and play some meaningful baseball in October/November.

PLAY BALL...

LETS GO METS

Reactions: cicero grimes
Too early for this thread. Mets will be solid but Nats may be better.
I don't care if it is early. But the Nats have been beating the Mets in the Spring a weeeeee bit too much. They HAVE to win the division to avoid a one game situation like last season.

Since tomorrow is the first day of spring and Opening Day is two weeks away, it is time to launch the 2017 Season "Drive To The World Series" epic thread.

I'll start with this discussion item:
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/adriana-lima-spotted-making-out-with-matt-harvey-230552700.html

Harvey is getting pounded in Spring Training. Throwing in the low 90's. Off the field, he's lost nothing.
Harvey getting pounded off the field, from the link provided:
jdR1jB0.jpg

his past romances have included Anne Vyalitsyna, Ashley Haas, Shannon Rusbuldt, Ania Cywinska, and Asha Leo.
15459fd69773a2649c7542702fb2cc11.jpg
BkVD4BQIUAACkGD.jpg
Marc+Ecko+Cut+Sew+Fall+Campaign+Launch+Digital+LERcI1VgelEl.jpg
1118full-ania-cywinska.jpg
asha-leo-in-bon-prix-lingerie-photoshoot-04.jpg

Harvey is on an off the field tear rivaling Derek Jeter. He better get his act together on the mound, however.

Reactions: ScarletStateofNJ
Yanks drew more fans than the Mets last season
True but the trends are moving towards the Mets in the last 4 years, even with the bigger Yankee stadium.

Mets 2016 attendance: 2,800,000
Mets 2013 attendance: 2,100,000

Yankees 2016 attendance: 3,000,000
Yankees 2013 attendance: 3,300,000

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT