ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFFICIAL 2017 LET'S GO METS SEASON THREAD

The wonderful thing about being a Mets fan is that every day brings something new. Yesterday Cabrera strained his back and got an MRI. Results not announced yet but don't expect him in the lineup tonight. Philip Evans called up.

With Cabrera's injury, the Mets are now down to two available position players who were on the Opening Day roster - Reyes and d'Arnaud. There is also Lagares who opened the season on the DL.

He's still a scumbag and can't catch. But a good arm and good at throwing cheap shots.

He can still catch AND hit better than anyone on the Mets. Oh and he's still only 24. Once he gets better at blocking balls he'll easily be the best catcher in the league.

Reactions: Kbee3
Sanchez should have gotten more games than 3. Conforto can hit with him.

I might as well post this here as well..

Baseball is just dead in Queens where the coaches, admin, and owners are too stupid and cheap to develop the young stars (hell... ANY YOUNG STAR in their now barren MiLB system), hold on to the good/great players, not hold them back with stupid strategies and philosophies which is too rigid when the players are hurt and the ones replacing them can't hit the three run homer or throw 98 mph with control, or hold on to the players who actually develop into stars and All Stars when it's time to resign them. And for them to bring back their strength and conditioning coach, trainer, a Sandy puppet for manager, and to entertain the thought of brining back the worst pitching coach back in 2018 is ASSININE AF!!!!!!!!!!

This team was even with the Dodgers, Nationals, Cubs, and others just two years ago. For the Mets to drop and watch the Marlins, Diamondbacks, Brewers, other fly right by then is a disgrace by the Wilpons to be too cheap to do at the least what the teams newcomers have done in their development.

Other than the juiced baseball this year, baseball has never been better What the Marlins, Diamondbacks, Astros, Indians, Twins, Aneiheim other have done to make themselves competitive is the way it should be done. And for them to do that in mostly smaller markets show you that you can be competitive if you build your system the right way. And I didn't even mention the Yankees and Red Sox who actually have some GREAT YOUNG PLAYERS THAT THEY DEVELOPED IN THEIR SYSTEMS leading them towards the playoffs.

Reactions: redking and Kbee3
I might as well post this here as well..

Baseball is just dead in Queens where the coaches, admin, and owners are too stupid and cheap to develop the young stars (hell... ANY YOUNG STAR in their now barren MiLB system), hold on to the good/great players, not hold them back with stupid strategies and philosophies which is too rigid when the players are hurt and the ones replacing them can't hit the three run homer or throw 98 mph with control, or hold on to the players who actually develop into stars and All Stars when it's time to resign them. And for them to bring back their strength and conditioning coach, trainer, a Sandy puppet for manager, and to entertain the thought of brining back the worst pitching coach back in 2018 is ASSININE AF!!!!!!!!!!

This team was even with the Dodgers, Nationals, Cubs, and others just two years ago. For the Mets to drop and watch the Marlins, Diamondbacks, Brewers, other fly right by then is a disgrace by the Wilpons to be too cheap to do at the least what the teams newcomers have done in their development.

Other than the juiced baseball this year, baseball has never been better What the Marlins, Diamondbacks, Astros, Indians, Twins, Aneiheim other have done to make themselves competitive is the way it should be done. And for them to do that in mostly smaller markets show you that you can be competitive if you build your system the right way. And I didn't even mention the Yankees and Red Sox who actually have some GREAT YOUNG PLAYERS THAT THEY DEVELOPED IN THEIR SYSTEMS leading them towards the playoffs.
Being an RU and a Mets fan is pretty brutal. For your sake, I hope you are a Giants fan and at least enjoy some sports-related happiness.

Reactions: tico brown
Being an RU and a Mets fan is pretty brutal. For your sake, I hope you are a Giants fan and at least enjoy some sports-related happiness.
Not with THAT OLine. I've been saying for 3 years that John Jerry can't block sunlight. But...

I'm not trying to pick on the Mets, but I just happened to come across the following;

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/team/front_office.jsp?c_id=nym

I realize this takes into account the minor league operations and some people's names may appear more than once, but this seems like alot people (executives) to run a baseball organization.

Not a Mets fan but I think this is unfair. This is not a list of their "executives" but literally a list of every employee they have. The Assistant Social Media Manager and the Ticket Operations Coordinator are important jobs but are not what ails the Mets organization.

Reactions: redking
I always liked Terry Collins,but it's time to move on. I'll take a former Major League catcher as a Manager, over a journeymen Minor League player any day. I like Bob Geren, but Robin Ventura would be a slam dunk for me.

I always liked Terry Collins,but it's time to move on. I'll take a former Major League catcher as a Manager, over a journeymen Minor League player any day. I like Bob Geren, but Robin Ventura would be a slam dunk for me.
Quality season by the Dark Knight as well.

Well we now know of the turmoil in the Mets organization (I've linked the Newsday article). Some highlights:
  • Alderson wanted Collins fired and had Jeff Wilpon's support, but Fred vetoed it.
  • Front office and medical staff didn't always communicate injuries to Collins.
  • Collins was perceived as showing favoritism to veterans.
  • Overused bullpen (but we all already knew that).
  • Basically, Collins lost both the clubhouse and the front office. Not a recipe for success.
Gary Cohen said it best last night - you will always have some players complaining, but the off-the-record shots taken by members of the front office were entirely unprofessional and unacceptable. We all know Collins is gone. Let him leave with some semblance of dignity.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseb...d-terry-collins-from-getting-fired-1.14297441

Well we now know of the turmoil in the Mets organization (I've linked the Newsday article). Some highlights:
  • Alderson wanted Collins fired and had Jeff Wilpon's support, but Fred vetoed it.
  • Basically, Collins lost both the clubhouse and the front office. Not a recipe for success.
Gary Cohen said it best last night - you will always have some players complaining, but the off-the-record shots taken by members of the front office were entirely unprofessional and unacceptable. We all know Collins is gone. Let him leave with some semblance of dignity.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseb...d-terry-collins-from-getting-fired-1.14297441
You mean “Mr. Net Negative”?

Only the mets can screw up getting rid of a manager and pitching coach who most fans wanted gone for a long time.

Alderson did nothing for the bullpen before season.
Sure he did. He signed two veteran free agents who both had excelled the prior year under the pressure of a playoff race. Their names are Jerry Blevins and Fernando Salas.

Mets had the third best bullpen ERA in the league in 2016. At the time, I thought Alderson did well to keep in intact. Plus we all thought that the bullpen would be further bolstered by one or two of the starters that we didn't need.

Sometimes things just don't work out as planned. Shit happens. (Just sat through several hours of it at HPSS.)

Article on ESPN right now:

GM - Mets to change the way they handle injuries
and in other news
Titanic captain - Going to change the way he handles icebergs
Oh, to remember the good old days, when the Yankee fans mocked on the Mets for the mounting injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT