ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Being a realist about what this team will likely be in 2024 doesn’t make one not a real Mets fan.

JD Martinez gives this offense some hope but how much, we shall see.

I missed the game last Sat but not sure how they didn't have this as an error the whole time.

Why does acting and crying like little babies make someone a "realist"? lol
I’ll speak for myself. I’ve made a whopping couple comments since the season started like the real doozie “Off to a great start”

I’ll speak for myself. I’ve made a whopping couple comments since the season started like the real doozie “Off to a great start”
goes for the football team threads too where "realist" is used way too often by too many people

Reactions: RUfinally2008
goes for the football team threads too where "realist" is used way too often by too many people
Please give me a reason that this team will achieve anything beyond being mediocre. By the way, us realists consider those with unrealistic expectations to be Polyannas.

Please give me a reason that this team will achieve anything beyond being mediocre. By the way, us realists consider those with unrealistic expectations to be Polyannas.
I guess I put on my "realist" hat when Stearns didn't do a damn thing during the off season...His big accomplishment was to not trade anyone. lol
Meanwhile- pitching help we could have used ended up signing for very team friendly deals. At least he did get JD which changes this lineup dramatically.
The structure of the lineup also sucks. No real manager could even try to explain Nimmo/Lindor/Alonso/McNeil

It is just funny that the term "Realist" just triggers me. It is sort of like the person who says "I speak my mind and if you don't like it, too bad" - and the one thing that person doesn't want to hear from someone else- is them speaking their own mind as well. lol

I guess I put on my "realist" hat when Stearns didn't do a damn thing during the off season...His big accomplishment was to not trade anyone. lol
Meanwhile- pitching help we could have used ended up signing for very team friendly deals. At least he did get JD which changes this lineup dramatically.
The structure of the lineup also sucks. No real manager could even try to explain Nimmo/Lindor/Alonso/McNeil

It is just funny that the term "Realist" just triggers me. It is sort of like the person who says "I speak my mind and if you don't like it, too bad" - and the one thing that person doesn't want to hear from someone else- is them speaking their own mind as well. lol
I really enjoyed your reply. Good, bad, or indifferent LETS GO METS!!!

that will be a double BEheader tomorrow. Do we see 0-6?

animation execution GIF by Kyle Platts
Spoken like a real Mets fan,unreal

Who's not calm? It's early, and there have certainly been some interesting thing to talk about so far.

(But, yes, there are the usual alarmists, reactionaries and die-easys who think they're die-hards. But that's just another day.)

Let's play two.
I'm not usually an alarmist. I have been out of the country and tracking scores and social media, but not watching. But it does look bad. And I'm still sore about Vogelbach. 🤡

As far as the ahole trolls, they can ESAD.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: yesrutgers01
Alvarez is a beast!! What a start to the season for him.
great start- he will be a beast for years and love that his defense has also become very good- if he can improve his throws on steals- he will be special behind the plate. Pete starting well and how different this lineup will look if JD shows up and does what JD does

great start- he will be a beast for years and love that his defense has also become very good- if he can improve his throws on steals- he will be special behind the plate. Pete starting well and how different this lineup will look if JD shows up and does what JD does
Maybe they heard our whining and we willed them to try harder?

Reactions: yesrutgers01
No excuse for Stearns when the decision was made to get Tonkin. No one wanted this guy and he was out of the league for 5 seasons. ATL took a chance and even walked away after one season.

Missed all of Game 1. I see that Mendoza is being killed on the internets for bunting Baty in the 10th - score tied, free runner on 2nd, no outs. Baty didn't get it down and then struck out.

I have no problem with this decision. If there was ever a time to play for one run, it's when one run wins the game. Thoughts?

Reactions: Mufasa94
Let’s just say I miss the days of Mookie, Dykstra, Backman and guys that knew how to bunt. Lost art.

Reactions: shields
And thankfully Hojo/Davey didn’t ultimately screw us on the topic in ‘86, or these 47 years of fanship would have been a whole lot worse

We may need to have a baseball term. Mendoza line not cutting it when you bat UNDER .050.

Missed all of Game 1. I see that Mendoza is being killed on the internets for bunting Baty in the 10th - score tied, free runner on 2nd, no outs. Baty didn't get it down and then struck out.

I have no problem with this decision. If there was ever a time to play for one run, it's when one run wins the game. Thoughts?
That he should be killed for it. Bad decision. You don't ask players who can't bunt to bunt. It's not something they teach to middle of the order hitters in the minors. You don't ask to do it there.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Should be able to sign Pete pretty cheap soon if they even want him and avoid the Lindor albatross contract.

I cut the cord and don’t get SNY. Gotta tell ya why did not I do this long ago. I am sure they will suck me back in at some point.

Its an embarrassment.

Mendoza has all the makings of an absolute disaster. Cant see him lasting the full year but he will.

Barring an unforeseen turnaround , I’d make the entire team available for trade during the season and only retain Alvarez / Baty / Senga and Diaz - and hopefully Alonso would entertain coming back after he is dealt during the season

Play the kids when they’re ready mid season ! - please !

Everyone else could be had and should be had for the right price albeit most of team is untradeable .

Its an embarrassment.

Mendoza has all the makings of an absolute disaster. Cant see him lasting the full year but he will.

Barring an unforeseen turnaround , I’d make the entire team available for trade during the season and only retain Alvarez / Baty / Senga and Diaz - and hopefully Alonso would entertain coming back after he is dealt during the season

Everyone else could be had and should be had for the right price albeit most of team is untradeable .
Certainly not going to defend Mendoza but have to say we have 2 “leaders batting UNDER .050.

Its an embarrassment.

Unless you are worried about ruining the confidence of Acura, Gilbert etc…. Bring them up now. Have to think think they will do better than .050

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT