ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 PGA Tour thread.

Rory wins another meaningless event without all the top players. Time for the next major! Let's see what happens at the PGA this weekend.

Brooks looking strong again.

So does that mean when Koepka wins a LIV event we can say he won a meaningless event without all the top players?

Scotty wins again. What a year! Not sorry for the Scotty haters on here.
11 players broke par at Jack's tournament. Will more or less players be under par by this time next Sunday?

Amazing last day at the ShopRite at Seaview yesterday. Linnea Strom shot a 60. She was 3rd group out in the AM and had to wait another 4 hours to know she won by 1 shot. They said it's the lowest score to win a final round in LPGA history.

Less, given the very dry (and fairly hot) conditions this week from tomorrow through Sunday. I'd expect par to be a very good score, like in 1999 and 2005.

https://abc11.com/post/ahead-124th-us-open-look-back-6-major/14925533/
The one exception is light winds all 4 days.
Remember that this isn't the same course that Payne Stewart and Michael Campbell won. Don't let Martin Kaymer's -9 victory fool you. 2nd place was -1 by Rickie Fowler and Erik Compton (who?).
Lots of changes to the course in 2010.

Amazing last day at the ShopRite at Seaview yesterday. Linnea Strom shot a 60. She was 3rd group out in the AM and had to wait another 4 hours to know she won by 1 shot. They said it's the lowest score to win a final round in LPGA history.
Why was it a 3 day tournament?

I read that Adam Scott got into the US Open because of Grayson Murray's death. Grayson was ranked 59 and Scott was 61. "USGA said it was prepared to remove Grayson Murray, who passed away last month, from its ranking criteria if it were to affect any player who might have qualified via the top 60 category."
What's amazing is if Scott was ranked 62 he wouldn't be making his 92 consecutive Major start. He is 2nd all time behind Jack Nicklaus. Only 54 more to tie him 👀, lol.

Why was it a 3 day tournament?
I had to look it up since I believed it has always been 54 hole events. Looks like is true except for 2 years (1990 and 2020). LPGA does a number of 3 day events (especially after the majors/large events).

I had to look it up since I believed it has always been 54 hole events. Looks like is true except for 2 years (1990 and 2020). LPGA does a number of 3 day events (especially after the majors/large events).

This is the reason against a 3 day tournament. You can have one great round and steal it. Kind of like best out of 3 vs 5 or 7.

I read that Adam Scott got into the US Open because of Grayson Murray's death. Grayson was ranked 59 and Scott was 61. "USGA said it was prepared to remove Grayson Murray, who passed away last month, from its ranking criteria if it were to affect any player who might have qualified via the top 60 category."
What's amazing is if Scott was ranked 62 he wouldn't be making his 92 consecutive Major start. He is 2nd all time behind Jack Nicklaus. Only 54 more to tie him 👀, lol.
In the end, he would have made it regardless. A handful of alternates get/got in due to spots being held for guys making it late based on other criteria, and he was in line to get one of those first few alternate spots.

I agree but there was certainly no guarantee. And USGA made their decision on whoever got to 61 was going to be exempt before the Memorial.
Scott is in this year's Open and obviously next years Masters as former champ but then needs to earn #95.

She won a 3 round tournament by 1. One more round, her chances goes way down.
Why way down? If there was a 4th round, she is now the leader and in the final group. Essentially match play. She made the cut so it's not like she's horrible.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Why way down? If there was a 4th round, she is now the leader and in the final group. Essentially match play. She made the cut so it's not like she's horrible.
His problem is he took a big stance against the LIV 3 rounds now he has to live with it and bash all 3 round events!

Reactions: Section124
His problem is he took a big stance against the LIV 3 rounds now he has to live with it and bash all 3 round events!
So sad that LIV has tainted him from just having a normal golf conversation. Competition is competition. You know the rules going into the tournament. I guess LPGA and Senior PGA Tours don't matter to him either.

Reactions: WhiteBus
So sad that LIV has tainted him from just having a normal golf conversation. Competition is competition. You know the rules going into the tournament. I guess LPGA and Senior PGA Tours don't matter to him either.
I played in high School, College, amateur and and PGA club pro events. Rarely you played 4 rounds stroke play. The Metropolitan Golf Association has many great events. Can't think of one 4 day, 4 round event. The Ike is for amateurs. Two days 3 rounds. After first round cut is made at 36 IIRC correctly and anyone within 6. Which never happens as someone goes bonkers on day one. The Metropolitan is PGA club pros and assistants mostly. Four days, 2 rounds first day stroke play then the cut and now it changes to match play. Never heard anyone complain about the structure of any event. 🙄

Because her score the 1st two rounds were not good. She made the cut on the number. There is a reason NBA and NHL play best out of 7. You can get lucky in one game but the better team wins out of 7. Not sure why it’s so controversial. It’s math.

I think you got the order wrong. I don’t like the 3 round format for the pros.

Because her score the 1st two rounds were not good. She made the cut on the number. There is a reason NBA and NHL play best out of 7. You can get lucky in one game but the better team wins out of 7. Not sure why it’s so controversial. It’s math.
It’s math that she shot the lowest score over the scheduled event. Regardless of what she did the first 2 rounds. Not sure why this is even a discussion. Should every game be a 3-7 game series?

Haha. At times you can completely clueless on golf especially your first question "why was it 3 rounds". Because that was the schedule which you didn't know and can't comprehend. Do you hate the Senior Tour too?

It’s math that she shot the lowest score over the scheduled event. Regardless of what she did the first 2 rounds. Not sure why this is even a discussion. Should every game be a 3-7 game series?
she won the event. I said I don’t like 3 round tournaments because someone can have one good round and win. It’s a discussion because you decided that you want in on it

she won the event. I said I don’t like 3 round tournaments because someone can have one good round and win. It’s a discussion because you decided that you want in on it
It's a discussion because you went the LIV rabbit hole and can't get out.

Haha. At times you can completely clueless on golf especially your first question "why was it 3 rounds". Because that was the schedule which you didn't know and can't comprehend. Do you hate the Senior Tour too?
I don’t watch the senior tour. I am clueless on the LPGA formats. Is it like tennis where women play best of 3 and men play best of 5? Or, has that changed already

I don’t watch the senior tour. I am clueless on the LPGA formats. Is it like tennis where women play best of 3 and men play best of 5? Or, has that changed already
Senior golf is four rounds only for majors. Tigers Tour in two years. With a golf cart. Women have a few 3 rounds but mostly 4 rounds.
So you are just a casual golf fan. Not into the history?

Senior golf is four rounds only for majors. Tigers Tour in two years. With a golf cart. Women have a few 3 rounds but mostly 4 rounds.
So you are just a casual golf fan. Not into the history?
What’s the Tiger Tour? Googled but strange results. I don’t follow the senior tour or the LPGA. I didn’t follow the PGA tour until way after college (post high definition TV).

You are the only one talking about LIV here. By all accounts, I was right about LIV. No one cares and no one is watching.
Did you ever read my posts? I've never watched a second but this hatred on 3 rounds is a result of you hating the LIV. Why do you make such a stink about it. Especially after one of the greatest round on the LPGA. Seems you missed that and hated her because you didn't know it was a scheduled 3 rounds

What’s the Tiger Tour? Googled but strange results. I don’t follow the senior tour or the LPGA. I didn’t follow the PGA tour until way after college (post high definition TV).
Tigers is 48. Will be in the Senior Tour. He has talked about it for months

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT