ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The OFFICIAL UW at RU Weather Thread: Looking Like a Gorgeous Day on Friday

Certainly a shirt and shorts night for me. C'mon, temps in the mid-60s at kickoff and maybe just into the upper 50s by the end of the game, with little to no wind, should not be an issue, except for ladies and small chlidren, as I said above. Going to be a gorgeous day.

Only slight change in the forecast is less clouds during the game - and the tiny 3-5% risk of a spritz is now essentially 0% chance. NWS wins this one over Wunderground - I hope nobody was taking the rain "threat" too seriously.
F that. I'm bringing a winter coat. I'm cold all the damn time these days.

Lol..it will be colder than mid60s thats for sure..most of game will be below 60
Wrong. Didn't go below 60F until 10 pm and it was 58F when the game was over a bit past 11 pm. With the light winds and mild temps, nobody in my group, at least, was cold. Some had sweaters or light jackets, while shorts and a t-shirt was fine for several of us, including, even, @mildone.

Overall, was a great job by the NWS from 5+ days out, when I called it just about a lock for an "awesome" day (based on their forecast). And no rain to be seen anywhere, as a few posters had feared.

Thank GOD the game was last night. Looks like the majority of the games in the Eastern half east of the Mississippi are getting rained on today/tonight.

Wrong. Didn't go below 60F until 10 pm and it was 58F when the game was over a bit past 11 pm. With the light winds and mild temps, nobody in my group, at least, was cold. Some had sweaters or light jackets, while shorts and a t-shirt was fine for several of us, including, even, @mildone.

Overall, was a great job by the NWS from 5+ days out, when I called it just about a lock for an "awesome" day (based on their forecast). And no rain to be seen anywhere, as a few posters had feared.

please...it wasnt shorts and t shirt weather...I know you like to consider yourself tough for some reason if you can brave elements but it was chilly enough where you had to wear a sweatshirt and pants...certainly pleasant weather but if you were caught without either most normal people would be cold

please...it wasnt shorts and t shirt weather...I know you like to consider yourself tough for some reason if you can brave elements but it was chilly enough where you had to wear a sweatshirt and pants...certainly pleasant weather but if you were caught without either most normal people would be cold
So, instead of acknowledging you were wrong on temps you deflect by talking about sweatshirts and pants - obviously, nobody "had" to wear those, as evidenced by about 1/3 of the crowd being in shorts and t-shirts. Your inability to acknowledge actual facts regarding the weather (the temps, not the "opinions" on perceived cold) is closely paralleling that same inability on the CE board.

I had a short-sleeved shirt and jeans on, no issue whatsoever, didn't get "cool" until I was walking to the car at game's end.

So, instead of acknowledging you were wrong on temps you deflect by talking about sweatshirts and pants - obviously, nobody "had" to wear those, as evidenced by about 1/3 of the crowd being in shorts and t-shirts. Your inability to acknowledge actual facts regarding the weather (the temps, not the "opinions" on perceived cold) is closely paralleling that same inability on the CE board.
Wearing sneakers (with socks) instead of flip flops and my old Graber-era Starter pullover made a difference for me since I went with cargo shorts.

butt hurt much....we had temps in the upper 50s by games end, its not a fricking big deal but if you came in t shirts and shorts you were going to be chilly...I just wanted to get that point across before gametime...better safe than sorry, just becaus you can wear shorts and t shirts in all elements does not mean that everyone else can,....I find it odd that you are even bringing up current events posts in this thread at all....thats where that belongs and just because you have a different opinion of Trump than me does not make you right which your pompous attitude assumes

butt hurt much....we had temps in the upper 50s by games end, its not a fricking big deal but if you came in t shirts and shorts you were going to be chilly...I just wanted to get that point across before gametime...better safe than sorry, just becaus you can wear shorts and t shirts in all elements does not mean that everyone else can,....I find it odd that you are even bringing up current events posts in this thread at all....thats where that belongs and just because you have a different opinion of Trump than me does not make you right which your pompous attitude assumes

Why would I be butthurt? You were the one who was wrong about temps during the game, not me. NWS forecast was perfect. And while 58-63F, for example, can feel cool to some, the light to non-existent winds, as predicted, made it comfortable for most, even without bundling up.

I also said nothing about your opinions of Trump, per se. But you've been making posts about the weather and politics just like Trump does about certain fact situations, i.e., without any basis in fact. Like your post on the EMU thread saying, "models have been trash in the mid to long range this year so no one has any clue right now." You can't just make posts like that without any scientific support or data - your anecdotes don't really count. Model verification scores are available, with a little work, and from everything Ive read, the models haven't been shown to be any worse than usual recently. If you have data proving otherwise, I'm all ears.

I just gave examples in the other thread..its my observation..ya know I pay attention to weather models and forecasts for work...do you refute there were sunny forecasts for today earlier in the week..yes or no

Reactions: WhiteBus
I just gave examples in the other thread..its my observation..ya know I pay attention to weather models and forecasts for work...do you refute there were sunny forecasts for today earlier in the week..yes or no

Sigh. You continue to miss the point. You said the medium range models have been bad lately. I said that's not backed up by recent verification scores. And you respond with more anecdotes, which have little to do with model accuracy scores over some extended period.

Of course 5 day forecasts are sometimes wrong - I don't think many around here talk more about forecast uncertainty than I do - my only point, which you've failed to put a dent in, is that there's no evidence they're worse lately than they were 1, 2 or 5 years ago. I'm only asking you to stop making emotional unverified claims...or to actually prove your point with, you know, data.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT