ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for RU @ PSU: looks cool/dry after the front, but can't rule out a few lingering showers yet...

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
All of models currently show a major trough and associated cold front sweeping through the northeast late on Friday with a moderate amount of rain likely (up to 1/2") late Friday into early Saturday, but even model has any significant rain over by sunrise, followed by cool/dry weather with seasonable high temps around 50F (avg high/low is 48/33F on 11/18) after a morning low around 40F. However, we're 6 days out and the timing of the front/showers could easily shift 6-12 hours leading to some showers during tailgates and the game, but at least that's not what we're seeing now. Could be windy after the front, though. Stay tuned.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?x=169&y=149&site=ctp&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=169&map_y=148

Lock it up for cool and dry with enough confidence now that the front will be through and any measurable precip over before sunrise on Saturday; maybe a few sprinkles into mid-morning at worst. After a morning low around 40F, temps will struggle to reach the upper 40s during the game, despite abundant sunshine, given the strong NW flow and 10-20 mph winds with higher gusts. Winds could be enough to affect passing. Will be there for this one - first road game since the last time we were at least decent, i.e., in 2014, as I hate going to road games when we suck and we don't suck anymore.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
Lock it up for cool and dry with enough confidence now that the front will be through and any measurable precip over before sunrise on Saturday; maybe a few sprinkles into mid-morning at worst. After a morning low around 40F, temps will struggle to reach the upper 40s during the game, despite abundant sunshine, given the strong NW flow and 10-20 mph winds with higher gusts. Winds could be enough to affect passing. Will be there for this one - first road game since the last time we were at least decent, i.e., in 2014, as I hate going to road games when we suck and we don't suck anymore.
Enjoy!! We will be there with the rv on Friday!

Reactions: RU848789
Something disgusting about PSU and showers in the same sentence…

Any change in the forecast?
Not really. Cool, dry, and breezy. Morning lows in the upper 30s with gametime highs in the mid/upper 40s, but feeling cooler with 10-15 mph winds (gusts to 20-25 mph), but lots of sun and no chance of rain at all. Football weather.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Really with that Headline?

its PSU, of course there's a chance of a few lingering showers...

Really with that Headline?

its PSU, of course there's a chance of a few lingering showers...
Nobody seemed to care about the thread, so I never got around to changing the title. If you read the thread, I said it was a lock for cool/dry on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT