ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for Wagner @ RU: Looking warm (high in the mid/upper 60s) and likely dry, although low chance of a few light showers before noon

Wow. Asbury Park:

71008232007-asburyparkflooding-0929-h.jpg

71007905007-asburyparkflooding-0929-e.jpg

71007906007-asburyparkflooding-0929-f.jpg

Its just a sliver of the state some say

Its just a sliver of the state some say
It was just a sliver of the state that got rains like that - that doesn't imply anything about the seriousness of the flooding there. What is your problem and why have you become such a whiny bitch? You're childish comments are almost as bad as your lame attempts to get me to comment on CE board threads by tagging me incessantly - surely you have better things to do than that, no?

It was just a sliver of the state that got rains like that - that doesn't imply anything about the seriousness of the flooding there. What is your problem and why have you become such a whiny bitch? You're childish comments are almost as bad as your lame attempts to get me to comment on CE board threads by tagging me incessantly - surely you have better things to do than that, no?
Isn't it obvious that he doesn't ?

Haven't had any more rain in P'way and the latest models are pretty dry (with generally little to no rain this morning and no rain after about noon), so the NWS backed off even more on rainfall forecast, with the percent chance of a few light showers before about noon decreasing to 20% or less by noon with only 0.01" forecast for that time (vs. 0.04" last night), which is definitely just a nuisance level brief shower or two, and the forecast now has essentially zero rain forecast after noon (worst case would be a few minutes of sprinkles in the early afternoon). The forecast is also more bullish on seeing some sunshine by kickoff and decreasing cloud cover after that, with highs in the mid-60s and about 10 mph winds. Should be a great day for tailgating (even with a few spritzes early) and football. I like the NWS discussion, below, too.

National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
343 AM EDT Sat Sep 30 2023

NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...
A mid level low located over the northern part of the New Jersey
coast and vicinity early this morning will move east southeastward
and out to sea today and tonight. Some short wave energy rotating
around the departing low will continue to result in scattered to
isolated showers today, mainly from the Intestate 95 Corridor
eastward.

Meanwhile, deepening surface low pressure will remain well off the
Middle Atlantic coast through tonight. The low will maintain a
northerly surface flow in our region.

The overall weather pattern should keep low clouds in our area
through much of this morning. Lingering low level moisture will
result in some patchy drizzle during the early morning hours. The
clouds are forecast to lift gradual for this afternoon with some dry
air poking down from the north and northeast tonight. The dry air is
expected to cause a clearing trend at that time.

Today`s high temperatures are anticipated to favor the 65 to 70
degree range in our region. Tonight`s lows should be mostly in the
50s.

F1ORQRW.png

FYI, here's the "final" storm total rainfall amounts, via radar, through 6 am. Keep in mind that these sometimes won't show highly localized maxes or mins. For example, there was a report of 7.7" in Long Branch that doesn't really show up on the graphic, but the graphic does show the peak of 5-6"+ in the Asbury/Neptune/Long Branch area. It also shows the incredible 5-8" amounts across much of NYC, Nassau County and a bit of SENY/SWCT, as evidenced by reports of 5.8" in Central Park, 8.6" at JFK (the most ever there since records have been kept), and 9.0" in Valley Stream, LI. The NWS rainfall reports are linked below.

It's also worth noting that the monster rainfall amounts over 4" almost completely missed NJ, except for the immediate coast and the far eastern parts of Hudson/Bergen Counties and that for most of the rest of CNJ/NNJ, "only" 0.5-2" of rain fell, which was a bit below the 2-4" forecast.

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/TextProduct?product=pnsphi

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=okx&issuedby=OKX&product=PNS

KzfxJkS.png

FYI, here's the "final" storm total rainfall amounts, via radar, through 6 am. Keep in mind that these sometimes won't show highly localized maxes or mins. For example, there was a report of 7.7" in Long Branch that doesn't really show up on the graphic, but the graphic does show the peak of 5-6"+ in the Asbury/Neptune/Long Branch area. It also shows the incredible 5-8" amounts across much of NYC, Nassau County and a bit of SENY/SWCT, as evidenced by reports of 5.8" in Central Park, 8.6" at JFK (the most ever there since records have been kept), and 9.0" in Valley Stream, LI. The NWS rainfall reports are linked below.

It's also worth noting that the monster rainfall amounts over 4" almost completely missed NJ, except for the immediate coast and the far eastern parts of Hudson/Bergen Counties and that for most of the rest of CNJ/NNJ, "only" 0.5-2" of rain fell, which was a bit below the 2-4" forecast.

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/TextProduct?product=pnsphi

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=okx&issuedby=OKX&product=PNS

KzfxJkS.png
Reports in the Clifton/ Montclair area came in at about 1.5 inches
I can tell you it was way more imo

Let's get back to important things like tailgating. This evening around 6 pm, I decided to drive over and inspect the lots and the vast majority of yellow and blue are just damp, except near the very front, which is a low point and has some puddles (more in blue than yellow). And given we have not had much rain since 6 pm and we don't expect more than maybe another 1/4" (if that), I'm pretty sure those puddles will be gone by 8 am, given some continued slow drainage in the lots. Retired life, lol.

As I said earlier in this thread, below, I didn't think we'd have any issues in yellow/blue, given that 2 years ago, after P’way got 8”+ of rain from Ida on a Wednesday night before a Thursday night game, I went out to the lots around noon on Thursday and remarkably, they were all fairly dry except near the low points in the front – they postponed the game, anyway, because of record flooding from the Raritan River throughout NB/P’way (we’ve had no flooding today and none is expected since <1/2” of additional rain is likely).

So, hopefully the lots are in good shape and we only have a few brief showers before noon and none after that and we get to see some sunshine during the game and blow out Wagner and don't have any key injuries and then beat WI and MSU to become bowl eligible...
Did you see anything good/bad regarding the,green lot, if you went by that?
Thanks

Anyway, the first couple rows of the blue lot are probably an absolute mess already, and with the rain I see out there right now, if that’s what we’re gonna get all night and all day tomorrow into Saturday, they should probably just put yellow tape around that front corner

@MrsScrew

Our normal spot in the Blue Lot is under water. Also, 8am...it's very windy & cold.

Bac and numbers aren’t you both Rutgers fans? Please put the personal stuff aside for the greater good. We’re all here because of our love of the team and our desire to party together before the game. If you can’t consider taking it off the board. It’s a drag. Go ru!

Let's get back to important things like tailgating. This evening around 6 pm, I decided to drive over and inspect the lots and the vast majority of yellow and blue are just damp, except near the very front, which is a low point and has some puddles (more in blue than yellow). And given we have not had much rain since 6 pm and we don't expect more than maybe another 1/4" (if that), I'm pretty sure those puddles will be gone by 8 am, given some continued slow drainage in the lots. Retired life, lol.

As I said earlier in this thread, below, I didn't think we'd have any issues in yellow/blue, given that 2 years ago, after P’way got 8”+ of rain from Ida on a Wednesday night before a Thursday night game, I went out to the lots around noon on Thursday and remarkably, they were all fairly dry except near the low points in the front – they postponed the game, anyway, because of record flooding from the Raritan River throughout NB/P’way (we’ve had no flooding today and none is expected since <1/2” of additional rain is likely).

So, hopefully the lots are in good shape and we only have a few brief showers before noon and none after that and we get to see some sunshine during the game and blow out Wagner and don't have any key injuries and then beat WI and MSU to become bowl eligible...
Your investigation seems suspect baseed on Mrs Screws picture.

Reactions: RU at the shore
It ain't gonna be high 60s numbers, change the title.

Eventually it could get there but the thread title is just misrepresenting and thats been my whole point. He is too stubborn and arrogant to admit a little mistake. Nobody walks outside this morning and says boy its going to be a warm one. Not a big deal but noticable on how hard he fights it

Eventually it could get there but the thread title is just misrepresenting and thats been my whole point. He is too stubborn and arrogant to admit a little mistake. Nobody walks outside this morning and says boy its going to be a warm one. Not a big deal but noticable on how hard he fights it
Need to account for wind and dampness too. Sunny, no eind, low humidity, sure 68 is warm. Today? Not warm.

Reactions: bac2therac
927 a.m. It is now started to drizzle. Fun times
Yep, can see it on the radar. Any light showers and drizzle, should be between now and noon. Hopefully it's minimal. All of the models show any light rain/drizzle over by noon. Thought the water in the front of blue would have receded by now - sorry about that.

927 a.m. It is now started to drizzle. Fun times
I guess I'll have to stop at Scarlet Fever. I'm wearing shorts, a long sleeve T-shirt and a light windbreaker. Not all bad, haven't been to Scarlet Fever in a few years so that's a bonus!

Yep, can see it on the radar. Any light showers and drizzle, should be between now and noon. Hopefully it's minimal. All of the models show any light rain/drizzle over by noon. Thought the water in the front of blue would have receded by now - sorry about that.
No need to apologize
Guys bust your chops too much over minor details
Hoping all rain/drizzle ends by 11:30, my scheduled arrival

It ain't gonna be high 60s numbers, change the title.
It says mid/upper 60s - check your prescription - and does that really matter anyway? The shower hitting Metuchen right now is heavier than expected and was not forecast by the short term models, which are usually pretty accurate inside 2-3 hours and will likely hit the lots shortly. Hopefully it exits soon.

• Wow
Reactions: bac2therac
No need to apologize
Guys bust your chops too much over minor details
Hoping all rain/drizzle ends by 11:30, my scheduled arrival
Thanks, although I always feel badly if I've made a prediction that ends up being wrong, like water in the front of the blue lot. That was my prediction. I generally don't feel nearly as badly when a weather forecast (that I generally don't actually make) goes awry as I'm reporting what other experts say and weather forecasting is an inherently uncertain endeavor.

Reactions: wheezer
It says mid/upper 60s - check your prescription - and does that really matter anyway? The shower hitting Metuchen right now is heavier than expected and was not forecast by the short term models, which are usually pretty accurate inside 2-3 hours and will likely hit the lots shortly. Hopefully it exits soon.
Weather Channel has added more rain starting around noon in Piscataway.

Reactions: RocktheRac
Time to do some chores and then get ready to go, so likely signing off for the day, as I don't waste my time on social media once I leave for the lots. Hope the showers are over soon and especially for our 12:30 pm tailgate, lol. Let's get an easy win with no key injuries and then make our run for a bowl...

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT