ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 PGA Tour thread.

Did you ever read my posts? I've never watched a second but this hatred on 3 rounds is a result of you hating the LIV. Why do you make such a stink about it. Especially after one of the greatest round on the LPGA. Seems you missed that and hated her because you didn't know it was a scheduled 3 rounds
yes, I don’t like 3 round tournaments for stokes play. It’s not because of LIV. Like I said, she stole this one. Good for her. Look at her stat for the year. Speaks for itself.

yes, I don’t like 3 round tournaments for stokes play. It’s not because of LIV. Like I said, she stole this one. Good for her. Look at her stat for the year. Speaks for itself.
She didn't steal it, she won it with a great, SCHEDULED final round! Seriously you really know nothing about golf. Ever play?

Reactions: Section124
she won the event. I said I don’t like 3 round tournaments because someone can have one good round and win. It’s a discussion because you decided that you want in on it
You can have one good round in a 4 round tournament and win. Happens quite often.

Like saying if the game went another 30 seconds the other team would have won. Well you know what you play the game by the specified rules. Best team doesn’t always win. And in golf and single person sports. You only need to be hot at the right time.

Reactions: Section124
You can have one good round in a 4 round tournament and win. Happens quite often.

Like saying if the game went another 30 seconds the other team would have won. Well you know what you play the game by the specified rules. Best team doesn’t always win. And in golf and single person sports. You only need to be hot at the right time.
She made the cut on the number. She missed the cut 50% of her starts this year and only one out of her last 6. A great round can help win a tournament if you have 3 good rounds. This was not that.

Your example of extra 30 secs is not apples vs oranges. Not sure if you follow the knicks in the playoffs. They had a bunch of injuries but was able to play out of their mind to win game 5. But was not able to win the series because the injuries was too much and they lost game 6 and 7. But they would’ve won the best of 5 series.

Explain how she stole this tournament? Did she take everyone else's putter?

She made the cut on the number. She missed the cut 50% of her starts this year and only one out of her last 6. A great round can help win a tournament if you have 3 good rounds. This was not that.

Your example of extra 30 secs is not apples vs oranges. Not sure if you follow the knicks in the playoffs. They had a bunch of injuries but was able to play out of their mind to win game 5. But was not able to win the series because the injuries was too much and they lost game 6 and 7. But they would’ve won the best of 5 series.
What do her results in previous tournaments have to do with her having a chance to win this tournament?

You keep moving the finish line. She won the tournament. We are not talking about historical numbers or her other finishes this year. We’re talking about her shooting a 60, 12 under par, and winning this tournament. Don’t know what you are trying to say with your knicks argument. Were they supposed to wait until the roster was healthy? Was it originally a best of 5 series? The format for the tournament was a 3 day event.

You keep moving the finish line. She won the tournament. We are not talking about historical numbers or her other finishes this year. We’re talking about her shooting a 60, 12 under par, and winning this tournament. Don’t know what you are trying to say with your knicks argument. Were they supposed to wait until the roster was healthy? Was it originally a best of 5 series? The format for the tournament was a 3 day event.
I said multiple times that she stole it. That means she won. She took advantage of the situation and capitalized.

I said multiple times that she stole it. That means she won. She took advantage of the situation and capitalized.
But that’s just it. There wasn’t a situation to take advantage of. There was nothing to steal. She played the format. Just as everyone else. It was a 3 day event that went the distance.

But that’s just it. There wasn’t a situation to take advantage of. There was nothing to steal. She played the format. Just as everyone else. It was a 3 day event that went the distance.
He admitted yesterday he doesn't watch LPGA or Senior Golf so he isn't the golf fan I thought he was. Seems to just jump on this thread to complain about something he doesn't like.

Scotty Scheffler is the biggest favorite in a major (+300) since Tiger Woods 2009 PGA Championship (+180). Tiger ended up losing, after starting the final round with a two stroke lead, shot 75.

Anyone making any bets?

You never heard of the expression that one team stole the game? She had the round of her life at the right time.
Knicks coming back from 5 down against the Sixers with about 30 seconds to go is stealing again. A golfer being better than everyone else in a tournament or that day is not stealing a game.

You don't know that.
No, don’t know for certain. but based on her performance this year, not very likely. She broke 70 only 6 out of 33 rounds this year. She didn’t shoot below par 20 out of 33 rounds. Just facts. If she goes lights out rest of the year, happy to say I was wrong.

No, don’t know for certain. but based on her performance this year, not very likely. She broke 70 only 6 out of 33 rounds this year. She didn’t shoot below par 20 out of 33 rounds. Just facts. If she goes lights out rest of the year, happy to say I was wrong.
You are already wrong. She won the tournament period.

Reactions: rubaseball78
Anyone participate in debate club in high school? Ya know, where you’re given a topic and a side of the argument and you have to try to win the debate defending your side? Starting to feel like jtung was just given this hill to die on.

Anyway, US Open week. Scheffler vs the field? Scheffler vs Pinehurst PD? Let’s move on.

Anyone participate in debate club in high school? Ya know, where you’re given a topic and a side of the argument and you have to try to win the debate defending your side? Starting to feel like jtung was just given this hill to die on.

Anyway, US Open week. Scheffler vs the field? Scheffler vs Pinehurst PD? Let’s move on.
I like Morikawa. He’s had a nice run also. Been in the final pairings at Masters and the PGA.

Reactions: BossNJ
Some threesome to watch.
Rory, Schauffele, Scheffler a no brainier.
DeChambeau, Hovland, Homa
Thomas, Morikawa, Koepka.

Rahm said his foot is better but still hurts.

Some threesome to watch.
Rory, Schauffele, Scheffler a no brainier.
DeChambeau, Hovland, Homa
Thomas, Morikawa, Koepka.

Rahm said his foot is better but still hurts.
Pretty good list. I would feel better about Thomas if he was more consistent right now. A few years ago I would have had him as the favorite here. Pretty good bet the winner is on this list.

Reactions: BossNJ
Rory/Scottie/Xander grouping getting virtually no tv time is bad work by the USGA
Huh? Seriously?? The entire round Thursday is being televised.
Friday all of its being streamed in the morning and TV starting at 1pm

Last edited:
Huh? Seriously?? The entire round Thursday is being televised.
Friday all of its being streamed in the morning and TV starting at 1pm
Sorry.....'behind a paywall'. Most of us in this thread likely have Peacock if you're a golf fan but to the casuals that only watch the majors and don't have a Peacock subscription, you're going to miss 80% of their first two rounds.

Sorry.....'behind a paywall'. Most of us in this thread likely have Peacock if you're a golf fan but to the casuals that only watch the majors and don't have a Peacock subscription, you're going to miss 80% of their first two rounds.
Where are you getting 80%?? USA. TV not streaming all day Thursday. Friday 1-7 on NBC. Streaming Peacock Friday morning.
If you are golf fan and don't have Peacock maybe those people aren't really golf fans, just saying. Like our friend @jtung230

Where are you getting 80%?? USA. TV not streaming all day Thursday. Friday 1-7 on NBC. Streaming Peacock Friday morning.
If you are golf fan and don't have Peacock maybe those people aren't really golf fans, just saying. Like our friend @jtung230
TV coverage on Thursday is until 5pm. They tee off at 1:14pm that day. If you figure a 5 hour round, then about 13 holes will get completed on tv before going behind a paywall. Friday's entire round will be behind a paywall. So I guess I'm inflated a bit, but a solid 65% of their rounds won't be shown on cable. I don't get why golf requires so much hoop jumping for both their fans and casuals. NBC is paying pennies on the dollar for these rights and they make it ridiculously difficult for people to just turn on their tv and watch.

TV coverage on Thursday is until 5pm. They tee off at 1:14pm that day. If you figure a 5 hour round, then about 13 holes will get completed on tv before going behind a paywall. Friday's entire round will be behind a paywall. So I guess I'm inflated a bit, but a solid 65% of their rounds won't be shown on cable. I don't get why golf requires so much hoop jumping for both their fans and casuals. NBC is paying pennies on the dollar for these rights and they make it ridiculously difficult for people to just turn on their tv and watch.
Ever try watching other sports lately? You don't have Peacock?? Or watch Rutgers games? The day all sports are on over the air TV is over. Wake up and get used to it. Besides you are blaming the wrong party. Blame the USGA. They control it. Not the network and it's all about more money!

1st tee time is 6:45 am.

If there is anyone out there that still doesn't have Peacock, NBC is running a promo currently for new/returning subscribers for $19.95 for the first year. I'm sure there won't be a better price than that, and in additional to all of the golf, there will certainly be Rutgers football and/or basketball games on it this fall/winter.

Looking forward to today's round. I had the golf on all day yesterday but work kept me too busy to really pay attention. Visually #2 looks like a nice course but I can see those Donald Ross mounded greens. I would probably shoot over 100 there.

What was Homa thinking? Hitting fairway metal out of the scruff. Looked like me trying a hero shot.

The par five where Rory, Xander and Scottie all ended up left in the waste area was a fun watch. Rory got to see the carnage the other two caused themselves and just blasted it to the backside of the green. LOL.

Bk with a brutal triple. Try to jam it in and the hole was not having it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT