ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 PGA Tour thread.

What’s the forecast for the next two days? If no rain, I see everyone falling back and winning score is -3.

What’s the forecast for the next two days? If no rain, I see everyone falling back and winning score is -3.
Zero rain. Winds negotiable. The USGA is going to pull a Shinnecock on this course. I don't understand why they think is makes a true champion or entertaining. Neither is true. Currently I'm rooting for Detry. Have heard a lot about him over the years. It's seems like he's finally making his climb into stardom which is long overdue.

Zero rain. Winds negotiable. The USGA is going to pull a Shinnecock on this course. I don't understand why they think is makes a true champion or entertaining. Neither is true. Currently I'm rooting for Detry. Have heard a lot about him over the years. It's seems like he's finally making his climb into stardom which is long overdue.
I like this Aberg dude….I think he’s going to be a star for a long time and it would be pretty cool to see someone win a US Open in their first start.

I like this Aberg dude….I think he’s going to be a star for a long time and it would be pretty cool to see someone win a US Open in their first start.
Agree there is superstar potential but who has won an US on his first attempt?

Depending on how much they water the greens and how close they mow them, par still might be a very good score at the end of the tourney. Some of those greens are hellacious. Going to be a fun weekend. Maybe Rory finally gets another major.

Detry (Illini) was a star in the B1G. 3 Time All-B1G, 2016 Individual B1G Champion, and 2015 Golfer of the Year.
Was a huge amateur as a young Belgian. Literally won everything as a teen. Finally hitting is stride as a pro. Know some of his cousins who are part my cycling gang when I'm in Flanders.

Reactions: knightfan7
Depending on how much they water the greens and how close they mow them, par still might be a very good score at the end of the tourney. Some of those greens are hellacious. Going to be a fun weekend. Maybe Rory finally gets another major.
If they burn another couple of greens they should fire all the the USGA leadership. Making something hard I have no issues. Making a course unplayable is a not golf. I qualified for the finals at USGA Publix at Hominy Hills by gaining a spot a spot through Howell. They absolutely destroyed those greens. Hominy Hills was closed for over a month after that. It was crazy hot and they didn't water the greens and zero water stations for golfers.
To be completely open I did make the cut to the match play round and got completely smoked. Lol but it was near 100 those 3 days

Last edited:
Reactions: Section124
Was a huge amateur as a young Belgian. Literally won everything as a teen. Finally hitting is stride as a pro. Know some of his cousins who are part my cycling gang when I'm in Flanders.
Illinois has had success recruiting Belgium for years. Detry, Thomas Pieters, and most recently Andrian Dumont de Chassart are 3.

It’s fun to see guys lose the tournament on one hole. Really testing your patience.

Francis Ouimet. That's the list. Would be an amazing story.
Wrong. He is one but not the first. Hoarce Rawlings won the first US Open. Obviously all players would have been first attempt winners.

Last edited:
Got home from a disc golf tourney in Delaware in time to catch most of the action and the action has not disappointed. Guys keep making little runs and falling back, but right now DeChambeau is at -6 with Rory, Pavon and Aberg at -5 and Finau at -4 (they've all led or co-led at some point). Some amazing shots and some real headscratchers, plus those elevated greens making things so hard on these guys. Rest of the back nine should be more fun, as will tomorrow. Think -3 or -4 will be the winning score.

Holy crap, Finau just got destroyed by hole 12. Hit his 2nd shot on the par 4 onto the green, but with some backspin and it spun off the green. He then, inexplicably tried to putt it up the big knob and it went too far rolling off into the bunker on the other side of the green; his bunker shot then went too far again and rolled back off the green to near where he was in two and it took him 3 more shots to get it in. Triple bogey dropped him to -1. Just brutal. Rory was almost in the same spot in 2 and he chipped to 8' and made the par putt.

Edit: Aberg just did almost the exact same thing on that hole - triple bogey.

Last edited:
Unfortunately looks like a boring Father’s Day. DeChambeau is about to run away with this.

Unfortunately looks like a boring Father’s Day. DeChambeau is about to run away with this.
Of course, BD is now the favorite, but on this course so much can happen resulting in a big number or two, like Bryson had on 16. Three strokes is nowhere near enough to anoint him now.

Reactions: Section124
Holy crap, Finau just got destroyed by hole 12. Hit his 2nd shot on the par 4 onto the green, but with some backspin and it spun off the green. He then, inexplicably tried to putt it up the big knob and it went too far rolling off into the bunker on the other side of the green; his bunker shot then went too far again and rolled back off the green to near where he was in two and it took him 3 more shots to get it in. Triple bogey dropped him to -1. Just brutal. Rory was almost in the same spot in 2 and he chipped to 8' and made the par putt.

Edit: Aberg just did almost the exact same thing on that hole - triple bogey.
I was wondering what the heck happened to Finau... He went from -4 to -1 when I grabbed a beer.

Reactions: RU848789
Should be a fun Sunday. BD’s putter was on fire yesterday. If he can keep that up, he’ll win another US Open. Rory just need to make a few more putts and he could get his 5th.

Of course, BD is now the favorite, but on this course so much can happen resulting in a big number or two, like Bryson had on 16. Three strokes is nowhere near enough to anoint him now.
Well, BD is now -6 after an incredible par save on 8 from way below the green after being way right off the tee in the trees, while Rory just birdied 10 to get to -5. Cantlay at -4 and Finau, Henley and Pavon at -2 - even those guys are still in it, IMO.

The Roar for Rory! Just tied BD with a 25' birdie on 10. Would love to see him win this, as I just don't like BD (never have). And Cantlay followed it up with a birdie from about 4' close to move to -5, one back. This is gonna be fun...

BD's wayward tee shots finally caught up with him on #12, as he made bogey after not being able to advance his tee shot in the waste area due to a bad lie (he's had a ton of lucky lies), so he dropped to -6, while Rory just birdied 13 to take a 2-shot lead with Cantlay 3 back.

Bryson bogeys 12 while Rory birdies 13. McIlroy with a 2 shot lead and BDC can’t seem to hit a fairway.

4 birdies in the last 5 holes for Rory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT