ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Oppenheimer

HeartfeltOldfashionedAdeliepenguin-size_restricted.gif

WTAF is OP talking about for those not in his head?

I’m interested in seeing it, but I can’t remember the last time I saw a three hour movie in a theater. Might wait for it to stream

Reactions: BossNJ
I usually like Nolan films
I'll see Opp but not in a theater
The Manhattan history is interesting.
Opp ran Los Alamos and Army Engineers ran the project overall
Trinity bomb was more powerful than the two from Japan.
Majority of the uranium came from Congo
They had trouble setting-up device in the desert because it was hotter there than back at the farm and parts swelled (maybe they should have consulted a physicist lol)_ .

Last edited:
The Enola Gay is displayed at the Air & Space Museum's Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia. Went there several years ago, saw it there.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
The Enola Gay is displayed at the Air & Space Museum's Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia. Went there several years ago, saw it there.
And Bockscar is at the Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio

Reactions: MadRU
I thought it was at the one next to Dulles?

Unless that’s the same one?🤷‍♂️

Oppenheimer was filmed for the IMAX format. Got to see it on IMAX. Unfortunately the closest IMAX theater is 85 miles away from me. Hoping to see it this coming week, a matinee. Looking forward to it.

Oppenheimer was somewhere on the spectrum. He had some real abhorrent behavior.

Quid pro quo with the wife: seeing Barbie tonight and Oppenheimer next weekend. Sadly Margo will not flash her pussy like she did in Wolf of Wall St; well because Barbie doesn’t have one.
No nudity in Barbie. All the nudity is in Oppenheimer

According to my calculations you had 3 Nobel prize winning people - Nash, Einstein and Oppenheimer living in the same town in NJ...circa 1950. Amazing - Princeton!

What happened?

According to my calculations you had 3 Nobel prize winning people - Nash, Einstein and Oppenheimer living in the same town in NJ...circa 1950. Amazing - Princeton!

What happened?
Oppenheimer never won the Nobel Prize. Nominated 3 times, but never won.

Quid pro quo with the wife: seeing Barbie tonight and Oppenheimer next weekend. Sadly Margo will not flash her pussy like she did in Wolf of Wall St; well because Barbie doesn’t have one.
Should do what me and my wife did. Took it straight from King of Queens, she went to see Pitch Perfect(whatever #) and I went to Mad Max Fury Road.

Saw a story that there was at least one historical error- crowd scene with people holding 50 star American flags.

Saw Oppy tonight in imax. What an incredible film. It might be Nolan’s best (dethroning Interstellar?).

Oppenheimer was a masterpiece and a film that seems very much of the moment. Nolan was able to capture the good, the bad, and the ugliness of the United States in a way I’ve not seen before. And while some will say it’s a period piece, its relevance to today is uncanny.

Lol!

To this day China resents that there was no "Nuremberg" for what Japan did in China (killed between 3 and 30 million people). But Germany wasn't nuked twice.

To this day China resents that there was no "Nuremberg" for what Japan did in China (killed between 3 and 30 million people). But Germany wasn't nuked twice.
What was left to bomb?

Saw Oppy tonight in imax. What an incredible film. It might be Nolan’s best (dethroning Interstellar?).

Oppenheimer was a masterpiece and a film that seems very much of the moment. Nolan was able to capture the good, the bad, and the ugliness of the United States in a way I’ve not seen before. And while some will say it’s a period piece, its relevance to today is uncanny.
I know I will be in the minority, but I saw it, in Imax, and was not impressed. Nor did the misses like it
I thought it would be more about the bomb and not the tedious infighting that went on and on, enough to say enough
Yes, I know it is killing it on Rotten tomatoes and will probably win best picture

But you either like a movie or not,

I know I will be in the minority, but I saw it, in Imax, and was not impressed. Nor did the misses like it
I thought it would be more about the bomb and not the tedious infighting that went on and on, enough to say enough
Yes, I know it is killing it on Rotten tomatoes and will probably win best picture

But you either like a movie or not,
That’s what I thought it was going to be about?

Especially with this cast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT