ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Pats vs Eagles Who Do You Root For?

Bingo! As a long suffering Bills fan, I've been conditioned to hate the Patriots franchise. Their unprecedented success contributed to the playoff drought that I had to deal with.

That's not to mention the lucky breaks and cheating/ playing around the edges of the rules. Go Eagles.
Right there with you. Bills fan here too.

Reactions: RUDave_01
At this point I'd root for New England like I'd root for Alabama. Eagles.

Just like a Patriots-Giants Super Bowl is a Jets fans nightmare,
an Eagles-Patriots match up is a nightmare for Giants fans.

It's easy:

If you're a Jets fan and puke green is your favorite color, go with the Easgles.

If you're a Giants fan, red white and blue all the way.

Reactions: goru1869
Pats. I’m not impressed by the Eagles. Vikings are just a loser organization and I saw this coming a mile away. Giants did the same thing to them in the NFC title game as home dogs back in 2000. 41-0. I’m not saying NE will blow out PHI but they will win.
Thought you didn't care about the NFL?

Pats. I’m not impressed by the Eagles. Vikings are just a loser organization and I saw this coming a mile away. Giants did the same thing to them in the NFC title game as home dogs back in 2000. 41-0. I’m not saying NE will blow out PHI but they will win.
Thought you didn't care about the NFL?

Lol I really don’t.i used to and I know my NFL history. I watched maybe 3 regular season games tops. But I watch the post season because the CFB postseason is incredibly anticlimactic.

Just like a Patriots-Giants Super Bowl is a Jets fans nightmare,
an Eagles-Patriots match up is a nightmare for Giants fans.

Nah. Giants beat NE twice. I’m secure enough to root for them. Would be pretty sweet if the only 2 major blemishes on Brady/Belichek dynasty were SB losses to Big Blue.

Eagles fans...who would you root for if Cowboys were playing NE?

Reactions: RUsSKii

The Pats defense is clearly vulnerable. The Eagles OL is underrated and will control the LOS. As long as Foles doesn’t have a bad game and their are no big plays on specials that go the Pats way, the Eagles will win.

28-17 Birds.

Nah. Giants beat NE twice. I’m secure enough to root for them. Would be pretty sweet if the only 2 major blemishes on Brady/Belichek dynasty were SB losses to Big Blue.

A good game, that's all.

Reactions: BoogieKnight

A good game, that's all.

You seem to be a little younger and missed out on the last Cowboys dynasty so I will take your word for it.

I think Philly vs NE is guaranteed to be a good game. The last meeting in the SB was. I honestly think this one can go either way.

I’ll always root against the cowboys, however, if it were the giants vs the patriots, I would root for the giants. After going to school at Rutgers, my dislike for New York teams went down, which is partly why I think it’s so funny how much hate the eagles fans get on this board, saying how we’re all scumbags, since there are a lot of Rutgers fans who are also Eagle fans

New England a model of consistent success which generates haters similar to the Yankees and other successful teams in other sports.

I’ll always root against the cowboys, however, if it were the giants vs the patriots, I would root for the giants. After going to school at Rutgers, my dislike for New York teams went down, which is partly why I think it’s so funny how much hate the eagles fans get on this board, saying how we’re all scumbags, since there are a lot of Rutgers fans who are also Eagle fans

You are right. I know a lot of Eagles fans from college and otherwise and they aren't scumbag fans at all. And a part of me wants to see them win because I know how much it means to their fanbase. I guess the two teams I will ALWAYS root against are the Cowboys for obvious reasons and the 49ers because of the NY vs. SF rivalry when I was a kid and their obnoxious fair weather fans. I can't say that about the Eagles who have as loyal and passionate fanbase as any team in sports. Selfishly I want the Pats to win so the NYG would be the only team to have defeated the Belichek/Brady dynasty in the big game but I wouldn't mind if the Eagles won either.

Reactions: hbbsm713
You are right. I know a lot of Eagles fans from college and otherwise and they aren't scumbag fans at all. And a part of me wants to see them win because I know how much it means to their fanbase. I guess the two teams I will ALWAYS root against are the Cowboys for obvious reasons and the 49ers because of the NY vs. SF rivalry when I was a kid and their obnoxious fair weather fans. I can't say that about the Eagles who have as loyal and passionate fanbase as any team in sports. Selfishly I want the Pats to win so the NYG would be the only team to have defeated the Belichek/Brady dynasty in the big game but I wouldn't mind if the Eagles won either.

Don't let them bully you, just admit it that you are rooting for the Pats.

Don't let them bully you, just admit it that you are rooting for the Pats.

Ha, not being bullied. Anyone who follows the NFL closely and long enough knows their fanbase can get out of control beyond reasonable measures. Why some of their fans just won't admit that is curious to me but whatever. Usually the Eagles have players I hate who are easy to root against (Andre Waters, Seth Joyner, Brian Dawkins,Terrell Owens, Desean Jackson) but this team doesn't have any such players so I'm really ambivalent about the game. I just think it would make the Giants 2 wins vs. the Pats look better if Bill and Tom go 6-2 in the SB with their two losses against Eli and the Giants. But if it doesn't turn out that way I'll live lol.

Pats have been good for a while so I’ve gotten over their obnoxious fans at this point. Add to that that Rutgers connection.

I don’t need the Eagles fans in my life gloating about a super bowl win right now.

Living in New England, this is an easy one......Eagles. Patriot fans are unbearable, even when you remind them St. Thomas is 0-2 against the Giants in games that count.

This is one of those games that as I watch it (if I actually watch it), at some point I'll find myself rooting for one team more than the other. But I don't know which that would be. Or maybe I'll just root for the numbers in my box pool.

Reactions: JMORC2003
19642636_1798205000226180_1262774484261463514_n.jpg

Tough one for me. Usually root for Rutgers-North, as I have no strong rooting interest in the NFL (only care deeply about RU), but I did grow up rooting for the Eagles, so I wouldn't mind seeing them win either. Will just enjoy the game no matter who wins. Think it's going to be close.

As a Giants fan this would be brutal. I guess I'd lean towards the Pats but I'm not happy about it...

As a Jets fan it's easy. My second favorite team is whoever is playing the Patriots.

Pats have been good for a while so I’ve gotten over their obnoxious fans at this point. Add to that that Rutgers connection.

I don’t need the Eagles fans in my life gloating about a super bowl win right now.
This is exactly why I'm rooting for the Pats.

Yet another disgruntled Giant fan thread. Sad.
I understand Jets fans hating NE, since the Pats have been beating them like a drum for forever, but have no idea why Giants fans would hate the Patriots, having beaten them twice in the Super Bowl. I would think all Giants fans would root for NE over the hated Eagles.

Reactions: RUsSKii
The Pats. I admire excellence.

For whatever reason, when I was pretty young, my dad would frequently repeat the joke: "first prize in a contest is a week in Philly, second prize is two weeks". I have always enjoyed my visits to Philly and like the area and the people just fine, so I never really understood his criticism.

But I suppose that, sub-consciously at least, it's tough to be exposed to that kind of early-childhood indoctrination and get it entirely out of one's system. :)

Titans fan. sick of the pats winning but rooting for RU guys to get another ring in this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT