ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Pats vs Eagles Who Do You Root For?

No I'm boycotting every game my team is not involved in. Further I am recording the game and skipping all commercials. You guess incorrectly. Smartass.

Class of 85? That makes you 50 or older (as I am). Your watching of the commercials (or program for that matter) is irrelevant to the network and the league. You are too old to be manipulated by the messages.

How can any RU fan not root for the Pats? Assuming you are not an eagles fan of course

Very, very easily. I couldn't care less if they had 20 Scarlet Knights on their roster. Once they leave here, I wish them nothing but the best - PERSONALLY - but screw New England, screw Boston, those TEAMS and AREAS have nothing whatsoever to do with my rooting allegiances, and guys hope from teams year-in and year-out. If they were playing the Giants, ****'em, I hope their TEAM gets crushed!

Now...throwing Philly, one of the Giants 3 divisional rivals into the mix, makes things a tad more complicated but I think, for the sake of a lot of friend and some family members, I gotta go with The Eagles. May not watch much of the game, however, LOL!

I don't think this game takes a big ratings hit however. Super Bowl Sunday in America is part football and part party. And who doesn't like going to a party! Actually watching the game. Well, that's another story.

No I'm boycotting every game my team is not involved in. Further I am recording the game and skipping all commercials. You guess incorrectly. Smartass.
No need to start name calling. So you are still watching the NFL product but not the commercials. You really did not even watch any playoff games live? Not even the Eagle games? And are you seriously going to watch the super bowl on tape delay as well? Make sure there are no other sources of information on at your home when watching the game. Computer and phone better be off or you might learn what is happening in real time. I will probably enjoy the super bowl commercials better than the game itself.
I do not know what you are accomplishing with your semi-boycott of NFL but I assume it makes you feel better

No need to start name calling. So you are still watching the NFL product but not the commercials. You really did not even watch any playoff games live? Not even the Eagle games? And are you seriously going to watch the super bowl on tape delay as well? Make sure there are no other sources of information on at your home when watching the game. Computer and phone better be off or you might learn what is happening in real time. I will probably enjoy the super bowl commercials better than the game itself.
I do not know what you are accomplishing with your semi-boycott of NFL but I assume it makes you feel better
Thanks for all the help. o_O

Frank Burns was drafted overall at #19 by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 1949 NFL Draft. But he never played for them, returning to coach the Rutgers freshman football team instead. But I'm not aware of any other Rutgers player that played for the Eagles.
Note: See post below. Mike McMahon played for the Eagles in 2005.

Found one more Rutgers player:
Nick Prisco, winner of the George T. Cronin award at Rutgers in 1932 played two games at halfback for the NFL Philadelphia Eagles in their inaugural year of 1933.

Reactions: RUPete
Female Eagle fans in Hoboken - hot, slutty, beer and shots
Female Pat fans in Hoboken - plain, boring, wino's

...if the Eagles win I know which bars I'm hitting after the game LOL!

(** yes, I realize I'm over-generalizing here just a tad...but I've lived here long enough, the bars are across the street from one another, and I attend both of them on a fairly regular basis during football season...)

You make zero sense... as a giants fan you root for pats... No brainer
I am rooting for the Pats primarily for the RU connection, but it is still tough to sit and root for that team.

I am rooting for the Pats primarily for the RU connection, but it is still tough to sit and root for that team.
Why... giants are the only ones to blemish their dynasty. The ru players a bonus... never root for the division rival.

P4EPg9y.jpg

Reactions: theRU
I'm rooting for my boxes in several pools. Other than that, I'm taking my wife out so I don't have to watch two of the teams I hate the most play.

No-win situation but the idea of those disgusting Eagles fans being happy and braggy is just too much. If the bulk of Eagles fans felt disgusted instead of prideful in the drunken violence of fellow Eagles fans it might be another story.

I know Pats fans are also full of themselves over their success.. but we're used to that now. And it comes with Rutgers players getting rings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT