ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Paul McCartney died 9/11/66

Did you know that if you add up all the digits in the date 9/11/1966, the total still exceeds the OP's IQ?
Hm… wait a minute. 🧐

Ah, okay. The digits. Count the digits.

The ambiguity of the meaning of adding the digits threw me for a moment. I was thinking, did he mean divide the numbers? 9 divided by 11 divided by 1966?

I am bad with ambiguity. Probably because of my low IQ. 😀

I can use it however I want.

OR ARE YOU INFRINGING ON MY FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS?!?!?!?!

Huh?

You believe my courteous request that you refrain from posting offensively about God on a football forum may violate your Constitutional rights?

So much misguided hostility there.

Anyway, as a pastor once wisely stated in regard to everyone:

“You’ll bow or … you’ll bow!”

I recommend you conduct yourself accordingly.

Paul McCartney was killed on 9/11/66...interesting date

I'm not sure why 9 November 1966 is an interesting date.

Maybe it is interesting that whoever started this conspiracy story picked the anniversary of Einstein winning the Nobel Prize. I guess it is an interesting juxtaposition of one of the greatest scientific minds versus the mush minds of those who believe this story.

Huh?

You believe my courteous request that you refrain from posting offensively about God on a football forum may violate your Constitutional rights?

It's a chance I'm happy to take.

I bend the knee for no one.

Reactions: Kbee3
Hilarious. Not only does the NJG person believe in a god, but he feels compelled to instruct other people on how to speak of said imaginary "lord and master".

I'm not sure why 9 November 1966 is an interesting date.

Maybe it is interesting that whoever started this conspiracy story picked the anniversary of Einstein winning the Nobel Prize. I guess it is an interesting juxtaposition of one of the greatest scientific minds versus the mush minds of those who believe this story.
True but regardless we figured it out. The band got jealous of McCartney's talent and Revolver was the last straw. Probably Eleanor Rigby is my guess. Then they waited a few weeks to get rid of him but needed a body double to keep the record sales humming. Then they tried to throw everybody off the scent by introducing Ringo as Billy Shears on Sgt Peppers. But the OP was too smart for that, and now 50+ years later we are finally going to learn the truth.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
It's a chance I'm happy to take.

I bend the knee for no one.
Amazing that anyone thinks you should believe in a god merely for fear that bad things will happen to you if you don't. So, people force themselves to "believe" in something they actually don't believe...or else ?
BTW I tend to agree with your "bend the knee" thing. But there are several women who would tell you otherwise.

Amazing that anyone thinks you should believe in a god merely for fear that bad things will happen to you if you don't. So, people force themselves to "believe" in something they actually don't believe...or else ?
BTW I tend to agree with your "bend the knee" thing. But there are several women who would tell you otherwise.

I don't necessarily have an issue with the concept of a deity.

What I have an issue with is people who think they know what said deity thinks - and go around telling other people to behave in a certain way because of it.

It was Revolution #9 I think at the end when Lennon keeps repeating “number 9, number 9….”
Late summer/Fall 1969, there was a whole thing about Paul being dead. Everyone was searching for clues, radio stations were in on it. In addition to the ones already mentioned on Glass Onion, Lennon sang, “Here’s another clue for you all, the Walrus was Paul” speculation was Walrus was a sign of death in some weird tribal lore.
As absurd as it was, kids were staying up half the night looking for “clues”
Good times…
IMO think you're missing the mark. The Beatles had a song about the Walrus...based on Alice in Wonderland's Walrus ...who manipulated the baby oysters (Disney Version) away from their mother and ate them.

Think this makes more sense...since Paul knew what he wanted musically and was apparently demanding / manipulative: often signs of a good leader.

"the time has come to talk of other things..."

MO

To me the "Paul is dead" controversy is: did the Beatles orchestrate the hoax as a publicity stunt? Or, as they have claimed, did it just generate from among their fans, leaving them as surprised as anyone else?

Reactions: angmo

There a lot of people not into freedom and very into conspiracy that post a lot here. I guess anything to distract from a difficult reality. And likely to get a lot more difficult for them this year.

Oh untimely death.

I think fans were looking for things and The Beatles decided to have some fun.

Huh?

1st amendment rights.

IMO think you're missing the mark. The Beatles had a song about the Walrus...based on Alice in Wonderland's Walrus ...who manipulated the baby oysters (Disney Version) away from their mother and ate them.

Think this makes more sense...since Paul knew what he wanted musically and was apparently demanding / manipulative: often signs of a good leader.

"the time has come to talk of other things..."

MO
You may well be right, what I posted was one of many wild theories circulated at the time.

Reactions: RutgersMO
When you say “the government”, I assume you don’t mean the mind controlled humans who the public thinks are running things, but actually the REAL power behind everything, the lizard people.
Of course! I, for one, accept our reptilian overlords.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Since there was never a "RIP Paul McCartney" thread on the TKR board back on 9/11/66 it couldn't have ever happened. Bodies are still warm when an obituary is posted on here! No thread=not dead!

• Haha
Reactions: colbert17
I guess you don't know I bought it the other day. Pretty cheap.

If you're interested we can talk after I get the paperwork from the Crown Prince of Nigeria.
Impossible! It was I that bought it the other day from the CP of N.

He accepted hookers and blow as payment. Said it was an even more respected universal form of payment than the US dollar.

Reactions: knightfan7
For the love of all that is holy, please don’t use the name of my God in that offensive way.

Thanks.
It's the son of God, no? Anyway, he says he's perfectly okay with people saying JFC as much a they want, just so long as they love one-another... even the conspiracy theorists.

Oh, wait a sec... he just added that he really wishes people would stop making shit up about his dad's rules and said loving one-another, as they are, and treating everybody nicely is pretty much the only rule.

He just said one last thing. He said it's just his guess, but that his dad is probably okay with us not going out of our way to be nice to Nazis, white supremacists, other bigots or racists, terrorists or others who seek to prey on, harm, or control the lives of any of his children.

That this thread would take an unpredictable turn was predictable.

That this thread would take this particular unpredictable turn was unpredictable.

Let's not forget about the crab people!

10a0dcf1-60ce-4579-865f-0fdb8dee4127_screenshot.jpg

1st amendment rights.
Not applicable here.

NJguy can respectfully ask that 4Real respect his religious sensitivities. No first amendment violation.

4Real can respectfully suggest he pound sand. Still no first amendment violation.

Mods can put 4Real in timeout for violating board rules. Still no first amendment violation.

First amendment protects us from an oppressive government. Not from the oppression (real or imagined) of one another.

Not applicable here.

NJguy can respectfully ask that 4Real respect his religious sensitivities. No first amendment violation.

4Real can respectfully suggest he pound sand. Still no first amendment violation.

Mods can put 4Real in timeout for violating board rules. Still no first amendment violation.

First amendment protects us from an oppressive government. Not from the oppression (real or imagined) of one another.
Well, the first amendment doesn't really apply here anyway, on a private site where the site management makes up the rules. Plenty of topics we can't even mention, including numerous scientific topics. But that's their rules.

Having said that, what board rule do you think 4Real violated? Nothing obvious to me, at least.

Reactions: mildone
Well, the first amendment doesn't really apply here anyway, on a private site where the site management makes up the rules. Plenty of topics we can't even mention, including numerous scientific topics. But that's their rules.

Having said that, what board rule do you think 4Real violated? Nothing obvious to me, at least.
I don’t see any rules he broke, either.

Well you broke rules commenting on your desire to have sex with whales from West Virginia.
Did I say whales? I meant sheep. Which falls within the rules, I think. At least it does in Scotland.

Last edited:
Away back in Oct. 2019,I had a post on here about it being the 50th Anniversary of WABC DJ Roby Yonge stopping the playing of music late one night and began to recite a litany of those supposed clues.Can anybody dig up that post?

Amen.

Funny thing happened to me the other night. I was sitting outside by the fire with my glass of whiskey, listening to Amazon Prime Music just do its thing, as per usual. It spun a Carpenters tune - I think it was "For All We Know". I've heard them all a million times, but this time I paused for a second to appreciate the fact that, even though he's a complete dick, Richard Carpenter can arrange the f*ck out of a tune. But then... I heard it. First time, ever. The similarities between Carpenter's arrangements and those of McCartney/Lennon are undeniable. The influences are profound.

And then I thought to myself how nice it is that I can hear that, because I think most people probably can't.
Good connection (and one I've made more with Paul than the Beatles). The lush production of most Carpenters tunes owes a lot to Richard, but also a nod to Lennon-McCartney and I'd add George Martin. Paul once said that Karen had "the best female voice in the world: melodic, tuneful and distinctive" and there's no doubt that Paul, when not reined in by John and the rest of the boys in his solo years, often tended towards the sugary pop confection of the Carpenters or vice versa. And here's a cool video using isolated vocal tracks analyzed via wave forms from studio and live performances of Close To You, showing how friggin' amazing her voice/pitch were.

If folks haven't seen the video below, it's worth a watch to see the collection of Beatles covers by the Carpenters. Ticket to Ride was the most famous and gets tons of flak, but some big compliments, too. Personally not a big fan of it, but I respect that they didn't just parrot the original. I kind of like the Help! cover better, as well as the Please Mr. Postman cover (although I guess that's more of a Marvelettes cover).

For me, the Carpenters were a big part of my musical journey, as their first big album and hits came out when I was almost 9 (1970) and they continued to churn out hits through the early and mid 70s. I've always felt that the music one hears when they're in their formative years (maybe 8 through 13) is often the music most treasured (and certainly nostalgic) for many people. And while I kind of disavowed them for a few years by the time I was in my mid/late teens (not cool enough, lol), that didn't last too long and I still love a lot of their music.

Clearly many other rock and rollers felt the same way or there wouldn't have been 1994's tribute album featuring covers of their hits, by a host of alt/rockers. Also, before everyone starts giving me Taylor Swift style grief, have a look at rocker/producer Rick Beato gushing about his favorite Carpenter's songs in the video below.

https://www.grammy.com/news/yesterd...story-1994-carpenters-tribute-album-if-i-were

Not applicable here.

I was being facetious since he has complained about his rights being violated all the time.

Left handed guitar in flowers. All the supposed stars they wanted at their funerals.

Abbey Road cover:

John as the preacher
George as the grave digger
Ringo as the “Paul Bearer”
Paul in bare feet as the dead guy.

License plate of the parked car, 28IF. Paul would have been 28 IF he lived.

If you look closely at the Abbey Road cover you will see that directly in front of the VW there is a fence and right above the VW's roof behind the fence there appears to be figure. There is a direct line from that figure to Paul's head as he walks across. Perfect, unobstructed head shot. The next frame of this sequence, which is very rarely shown, shows Paul's head moving violently forward and to the right.
Not a Grassy Knoll but a reasonable facsimile.

So the Paul McCartney in those recent documentary series was NOT the actual Paul McCartney but was the replacement Paul McCartney? Was the Linda Eastman with him real? Was teh founding family of Eastman-Kodak replaced as well? Or did Linda Eastman only meet and marry the replacement Paul?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT