ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

Score!
thumbnail
reverse-1249634451_vandamme_cant_see.gif

Received Allagash Curieux as part of a Christmas gift tonight for and WOW it is good. A barrel aged Belgian Tripel hits a bunch of different good notes and goes down smooth.

I had the Stone Enjoy by 12.25.17 on draft two days ago and it was very good. Double IPA, even though I tend to stay away from doubles and imperials, I enjoyed it.

Focus was on Pilsners from FL microbrewers this weekend.

Green Bench - St Pete - Postcard Pils (best brewery in St Pete area, lots of foeder fermented ales and sours)

MIA Brewing - Miami - Domino Pilsner (great brewery, along with JWakefield and Funky Buddha in Miami area)

Tourist Trappe Tripel from MIA along with La Fin du Monde from Unibroue in Montreal are two of my go to Belgian tripels from this side of the pond.

Last edited:
Seems like the whole list is Hill Farmstead (which I'm a huge fan of), Kane, and Belgium beer.
Ahh, pet peeve of mine...beer from Belgium is Belgian beer. Belgium beer = France fries, America cheese, Sweden meatballs, Italy bread, Canada bacon, etc.

Delirium Noel 2012 was aged deliciousness, followed by a 3 Floyds Floy Division III IPA was excellent. Switched styles to a Mead Tuco Style Freakout was ok, not exactly my style but everyone else liked it, tastes like champagne. Went back to Magnify OG, can't go wrong with an IPA from Magnify. Dessert on Christmas paired perfectly with Cigar City's Café con Leche, a rich stout with coffee/chocolate.

Just had 1 from Canada at my brother-in-law house. It's made once a year aged like brandy packs a wallop of 15 proof. It's just like Guineas but a lot smoother forget the name. $35 a bottle 1 liter

I had 17 Bourbon BA GBS for Christmas.

I am not really "in the know" when it comes to what craft beers are hard to find etc. friday, I stopped by my local liquor store and saw 4 bottles of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. Went home, looked it up and saw its pretty tough to find. Went back an hour later and all four bottles were gone.

Has anyone had it? How is it?

I am not really "in the know" when it comes to what craft beers are hard to find etc. friday, I stopped by my local liquor store and saw 4 bottles of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. Went home, looked it up and saw its pretty tough to find. Went back an hour later and all four bottles were gone.

Has anyone had it? How is it?
Liquor store I frequent in Brick had 5 cases in the floor. My jaw dropped, since it is difficult to find. I grabbed 3 bottles for $34 Had 1 Xmas eve, and plan on cellaring the other 2.
I'm no expert, but as far as barrel aged imperial stouts go, I find this one hard to beat. Tried CBS as well, and while both are outstanding, I'd give a slight nod to GI.

Liquor store I frequent in Brick had 5 cases in the floor. My jaw dropped, since it is difficult to find. I grabbed 3 bottles for $34 Had 1 Xmas eve, and plan on cellaring the other 2.
I'm no expert, but as far as barrel aged imperial stouts go, I find this one hard to beat. Tried CBS as well, and while both are outstanding, I'd give a slight nod to GI.

CBS hands down!

Founders-CBS-Canadian-Breakfast-Stout-2017-Label-.jpeg

CBS hands down!

Founders-CBS-Canadian-Breakfast-Stout-2017-Label-.jpeg
Just opened 1 of these and I'm glad I didn't buy more. It's not bad but Abraxas and Kane (Sunday Brunch, Morning Bell and Mexican Brunch) are much better (plenty of other stouts and porters too). The maple syrup is too sweet or tastes a little off. Overrated and overpriced.

Last edited:
Just got in Ship Bottom's Baconator. A stout with bacon, chocolate and oatmeal. Bacon and beer is always good. Bacon in beer???

Just got in Ship Bottom's Baconator. A stout with bacon, chocolate and oatmeal. Bacon and beer is always good. Bacon in beer???
Flying Fish made a porter with pork roll as part of their Exit Series about a year ago. Couldn't really taste the pork roll though.

Reactions: RUBOB72
Just opened 1 of these and I'm glad I didn't buy more. It's not bad but Abraxas and Kane (Sunday Brunch, Morning Bell and Mexican Brunch) are much better (plenty of other stouts and porters too). The maple syrup is too sweet or tastes a little off. Overrated and overpriced.

Its a sweet over-hyped mess IMO. I didnt seek it out just happened to stumble upon it at Cable Beverages. Like you I bought just one and glad I didnt buy more.

Drinking a Singlecut Dean tonight. Hop forward as hell, overwhelmed my pallet for a minute or so. Almost like a hybrid Amber Pale Ale/West Coast IPA.

Has anyone here every seen the opportunity to get any Tree Housing Brewing beers without going to their brewery in middle of nowhere Massachusetts?

Funky Buddha Morning Wood is awesome.

Just picked up some Hardywood Christmas Morning to try tomorrow.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Has anyone found Lagunitas Willettized?

Ok, stopped in to the local Irish pub and had one of these on tap. 10 oz pour for $6. Very impressed with the drinkability of a 11.7% BA Imp Stout. Coffee flavor was muted, which I like. I would order it again.

Funky Buddha Last Buffalo was awesome. Hardywood Christmas Morning was good.

Wow, when I started this thread 6 months ago,I never thought it would get to page 13, and have over 500 posts with over 10,000 views. I never knew so many Rutgers fans, were such booze bags,lmao!!![cheers][cheers][cheers]

17 High West BA Victory at Sea gets better every time you have it. Full of vanilla and rye whiskey/bourbon flavor. For one of my lax tailgates I am doing what's known as The Mormon Brunch. Beer and spirits from the State of Utah. All 3 17 Epic Baptists plus the Son of Baptist, 17 High West BA VaS and High West Yippie Ki Yay Rye Whiskey.

Reactions: Knightmoves
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT