ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

Just drank my last bottle of 2013 Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout. Been holding on to that last 2013 bottle for 4.5 years. It was so good!!!!!!!!

Reactions: BleedScarlet1
They don't distribute outside of the brewery.
I was there the day before Thanksgiving and waited 2.5 hours in line.

Reminds me of the times I waited outside Trillium Brewery on a Sat in Boston before a Red Sox game. A few years back it was a minimal line at opening. The next year it was 30 min wait. After that I stopped going as the waiting line was extended by lots more.

Just had 3 new IPAs from Magnify, Late Nite, Break the Bank, and Fuel the Fire. All 3 amazing Imperial Double IPAs.

17 High West BA Victory at Sea gets better every time you have it. Full of vanilla and rye whiskey/bourbon flavor. For one of my lax tailgates I am doing what's known as The Mormon Brunch. Beer and spirits from the State of Utah. All 3 17 Epic Baptists plus the Son of Baptist, 17 High West BA VaS and High West Yippie Ki Yay Rye Whiskey.
Had Victory at Sea BA a second time this weekend at almost the exact same spot. A parking lot outside the Linc. High ABV is a nice warm up on a cold day. Sadly I have none left. Beer was 1000x better than the game.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Had Victory at Sea BA a second time this weekend at almost the exact same spot. A parking lot outside the Linc. High ABV is a nice warm up on a cold day. Sadly I have none left. Beer was 1000x better than the game.

True. Lots of questions about how Eagles will move the ball in the playoffs.

C0PcpkhXAAA_0Vz.jpg

Reactions: WhiteBus
One night Big Bad Baptista which was fantastic. One night Triple Barrel Baptist which was good but a little weird (probably the coconut). Christmas was KBS. Next night was Goose Island 2015 and 2017. That was real nice. Next night was Brooklyn Black Ops aged for one year. Thought it was better fresh. Won’t age that one again. The next night was a BA Ten Fidy. Also snuck a BA Rasputin XVIII which I thought was one of the best. Guess I need to dry out now.

This one is not easy to find. Where did you pick it up?
Got the Baptista and Triple Barrel at Gary’s in Hillsborough. Also bought six bottles of Baptista from a store in Colorado and had it delivered to a friend who shipped it to me as Colorado doesn’t allow beer shipments by mail. The BA Ten Fidy near Levittown PA.

One night Big Bad Baptista which was fantastic. One night Triple Barrel Baptist which was good but a little weird (probably the coconut). Christmas was KBS. Next night was Goose Island 2015 and 2017. That was real nice. Next night was Brooklyn Black Ops aged for one year. Thought it was better fresh. Won’t age that one again. The next night was a BA Ten Fidy. Also snuck a BA Rasputin XVIII which I thought was one of the best. Guess I need to dry out now.
I like your style. Just need an Abraxas and an Avery Tweak or BA Victory at Sea and you have the 12 Stouts of Christmas.

Tried something a bit different over the holidays ...an ale flip, a popular drink in Revolutionary times, now all but forgotten. It's a mix of dark ale, rum, egg and sugar. Flips are mixed cold these days, but they used to be made by dipping a red-hot loggerhead into the mixture to heat. The sugars would caramelize, and the drink would take on a different character.

Started with a Deschutes Black Butte Porter, some Bacardi Oakheart spiced rum, a beaten egg and brown sugar. Tried heating up the end of an old rotisserie spit to heat it up (loggerheads don't seem to exist anymore and I wanted something food-grade). Didn't heat up enough, so I threw the whole thing onto the fire until it heated. Interesting drink - a little too sweet, so I'd cut the sugar down or out completely next time. Also the egg kind of cooked into little pieces so had to strain it out - I assume that wouldn't happen with a proper loggerhead.

Will try to find something more effective to dunk in and heat it up next time, but an interesting beer-based drink for winter.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Had another 17 Perennial Sump to make room for the 18 Sump that was just released...So good

Some good stuff on the snow day, from The Alchemist the Crusher, an excellent double IPA. Singlecut Jenny Said DDH Imperial DIPA was awesome too. Wyndbridge Farm Barn Dog an Imperial Porter was good, not great, a little thin. Prime Bovine from Bolero Snort an IPA was really good too

Got the Baptista and Triple Barrel at Gary’s in Hillsborough. Also bought six bottles of Baptista from a store in Colorado and had it delivered to a friend who shipped it to me as Colorado doesn’t allow beer shipments by mail. The BA Ten Fidy near Levittown PA.
How far from the Deli?:sunglasses:

Total Wine here in SW FL just took delivery on a number of Jacks Abby beers. I invested in a significant way since it’s likely a one and done here.

Pizza Boy The Luster of 10000 Suns an excellent IPA. Aslin Never a Bride a tasty Farmhouse Saison. Urban Village Cool Beanz was a good stout. Funk Brewing the Babble, Wet Ticket Trolley Hopper, Evil Twin I Always Felt Closer to IPAs than I Did to People, Victory Brewing Mighty Things, Bissell Brothers the Substance Harvest Moon Hopped to Your Head and Neshaminy Creek Ecomis were all great IPAs from yesterday. Also had Two Brothers Pinball a blood orange pale ale was good. The Veil Cherry Razz Tastee wasn't my style. Free Will Special Cookie was one of the best brown ales I've had.

Thank you Whole Foods South Street Philly!!! Finally found a 6 pack of Lagunitas Willettized. Also scored a Cigar City Marshal Zhukov's Penultimate Push and a Terrapin Richland Reserve Rum BA Tiramisu Hoo. They had 17 Hubbard's Cave Coffee & Cakes on draft as well. Very sweet and smooth Imperial Stout. I was impressed as it was the first Hubbard's Cave/Une Annee beer I've tried. Whole Foods in Philly and surrounding suburbs are money for exotic craft beer hunters.

Reactions: Leonard23
So I didn't do any planning for tonight' game and beer selection. My initial thought was to go out for first half. Now with weather I went over to Circle Liquors picked up some Andecks Dopplebock Dunkel. Long game so wanted to stay away from real high ABVs so this was nice middle ground at 7.1%. Will switch to Neshaminy Creeks Traugers Pils...have to work tomorrow so want a clear mind.

So I didn't do any planning for tonight' game and beer selection. My initial thought was to go out for first half. Now with weather I went over to Circle Liquors picked up some Andecks Dopplebock Dunkel. Long game so wanted to stay away from real high ABVs so this was nice middle ground at 7.1%. Will switch to Neshaminy Creeks Traugers Pils...have to work tomorrow so want a clear mind.

I have become a big Pils fan recently. For me there is only so much bitter IPA and BA Imp Stout that I want to drink. The microbrew pilsners are some excellent lighter brews, but carry a great deal of flavor with them. If I’m having brews at home, like watching the game tonite, I’m reaching for a craft Pils or a Lager instead of the heavier stuff.

Being in SW FL there are some VG local Pils here, from Green Bench and MIA Brewing, among others. Good beers to drink while watching a game. ABV is in the 5% range, but with much better taste than the domestic choices.

Will check out the Neshaminy Creek Pils next time I visit Bucks County to see my son.

Reactions: RUDutch
I have become a big Pils fan recently. For me there is only so much bitter IPA and BA Imp Stout that I want to drink. The microbrew pilsners are some excellent lighter brews, but carry a great deal of flavor with them. If I’m having brews at home, like watching the game tonite, I’m reaching for a craft Pils or a Lager instead of the heavier stuff.

Being in SW FL there are some VG local Pils here, from Green Bench and MIA Brewing, among others. Good beers to drink while watching a game. ABV is in the 5% range, but with much better taste than the domestic choices.

Will check out the Neshaminy Creek Pils next time I visit Bucks County to see my son.
If you like lagers seek out 2SP Delco Lager. My personal go to in the warmer months.

@WhiteBus any chance you can pick up some neshimany Creek "after the party" one of my favorite breweries and one of my favorite bands. I can give you some cash or beers at the spring game?

@WhiteBus any chance you can pick up some neshimany Creek "after the party" one of my favorite breweries and one of my favorite bands. I can give you some cash or beers at the spring game?
Done. The band is playing at the brewery next Saturday. They are becoming very popular.

Thanks, I have tried that (neighbor is a beer snob who can't fathom that I don't love being hop bombed). It helped a bit, but it's just way too much. I mean, I can drink them, but I don't enjoy it. No matter, there's plenty of beer I do like.
I'm with you. I don't love hopped up beers. I prefer a sweeter (but not overly sweet) dark red ale over any of the hop beers. Love winter ales that have a little spice to them also, instead of IPA's.

I'm with you. I don't love hopped up beers. I prefer a sweeter (but not overly sweet) dark red ale over any of the hop beers. Love winter ales that have a little spice to them also, instead of IPA's.

After liking them for years I’m kind of IPA’d out with the hoppy taste. I’m leaning toward Belgian styles, pilsners and sours. Lots of good choices in those styles on a local and national level.

Done. The band is playing at the brewery next Saturday. They are becoming very popular.
@WhiteBus I know tried getting tickets for the show next Saturday to no avail. Seeing them at the crossroads in garwood inMarch though. Like isaid let me know how much.

@WhiteBus I know tried getting tickets for the show next Saturday to no avail. Seeing them at the crossroads in garwood inMarch though. Like isaid let me know how much.
You will still be able to hear them from the taproom. Anyway where do you live? This is not a beer that improves with age. Got a 6 pack. Can get more. Will be gone by the show I'm guessing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT