ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

Just recently I had a Melvin Hubert Pale Ale that was very good and a Firestone Walker Luponic Distortion Release 008 that was solid.

Has anyone had the Firestone Walker Pale 31? I just heard they are stopping production so whatever is out now is all that is left. Since Pale Ale is my favorite beer style, I was hoping to find some.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Just recently I had a Melvin Hubert Pale Ale that was very good and a Firestone Walker Luponic Distortion Release 008 that was solid.

Has anyone had the Firestone Walker Pale 31? I just heard they are stopping production so whatever is out now is all that is left. Since Pale Ale is my favorite beer style, I was hoping to find some.
Melvin is fantastic. So happy that Philly is getting distro from them now.

I'm currently drinking a Wicked Weed Dark Age Bourbon BA RIS. Not bad at all for an InBev product. Sweeter, smoother bourbon flavor, maybe WW used Bulleit or Woodford Reserve. Also scored a 4 of Focal in Bensalem.

Half Acre will be launching into NJ next week. House of Brews in Turnersville has a tap takeover next Friday night. Good to know I can get Daisy Cutter, Navaja and Vallejo in NJ now.

NJ's distro has dramatically gotten stronger over the last year, with Cigar City, Pipeworks, Revolution, Westbrook, Omnipollo, Evil Twin and Crooked Stave now in the state. I'd kill to see Mikkeller, Prairie or Perennial next.

Just has Avery Tweak, an incredible Imperial Stout, one of the best I've had, The Alchemist Sterk Wit was a tasty Witbier, Demented's Redrum was a decent rye beer as was Demented's Won't Bock Down, an ok Doppelbock. Blue Point's Citrus Plunge was juicy ipa goodness and Evil Twin's Soul Made IPA was delicious.
If you like Tweak, you should keep an eye out for Avery's Uncle Jacob's Stout. It's a massive stout aged in bourbon barrels. Apparently the owners of Avery have a great grand uncle who is credited as the first distiller to refer to his whiskey as bourbon, so they named this beer after him. Aside from that little story, it is one of my favorite stouts. Avery's regular lineup is just so-so, but their barrel-aged beers are top notch.

If you're into NEIPA's get some Industrial Arts Wrench, it's arguably as good as any you'll find.
Finally got my hands on some Wrench today after almost having it on draft last night (just got kicked). You were right, excellent NEIPA. $18 for a 4 16 ounce pack it better be good.

Westbrook 7th Anniversary chocolate and sea salt imperial stout was really good. So fudgey and chewy.

Funky Buddha I'm so excited, I'm so scared was good.

I've found the best Imperial Stout I've ever had since Prairie Apple Brandy Barrel Noir. It's Wiseacre Astronaut Status. Bourbon barrel flavor that lasts as long as a trip to the Moon. Subtle cinnamon flavor. This is incredible!!

Reactions: Leonard23
Half Acre will be launching into NJ next week. House of Brews in Turnersville has a tap takeover next Friday night. Good to know I can get Daisy Cutter, Navaja and Vallejo in NJ now.
We should technically be able to claim this as a Jersey beer since Gabe the owner is from Lambertville.

I've found the best Imperial Stout I've ever had since Prairie Apple Brandy Barrel Noir. It's Wiseacre Astronaut Status. Bourbon barrel flavor that lasts as long as a trip to the Moon. Subtle cinnamon flavor. This is incredible!!
That's some high praise. Abraxas is still my gold standard there.

That's some high praise. Abraxas is still my gold standard there.
To be fair Astronaut Status aged in Woodford Reserve barrels, which is my favorite bourbon. That alone likely skewed the grade. Had Yellow Belly for the first time last night as well. Probably the best peanut butter stout I've ever had. Cosmonaut cans and Kilbeggan shots for St. Paddy's Day today as I cook my Guinness marinated corned beef and cabbage for dinner later.

Reactions: Leonard23
Just picked up Stone Inevitable Adventure Double IPA and New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze IPA. Both very good IMO

Magnify YYKM Chilis, Cinnamon, Chocolate and Coffee was good but overrated. It isn't in the same class as Kane, Troon, Perennial, Prairie or Trillium.

Magnify YYKM Chilis, Cinnamon, Chocolate and Coffee was good but overrated. It isn't in the same class as Kane, Troon, Perennial, Prairie or Trillium.
Have you had Perennial Prodigal by any chance? Planning on picking up a bottle this week. I'm drinking Close Encounter, a CDA from Pipeworks. Solid CDA.

Lobster Ale - Belfast Bay Brewing Company, Maine

Beer goes with seafood so darn good and this is the best I've ever had period

Have you had Perennial Prodigal by any chance? Planning on picking up a bottle this week. I'm drinking Close Encounter, a CDA from Pipeworks. Solid CDA.
I haven't. I had the opportunity to buy some but passed and now want a bottle. What store are you buying from? Let me know how it is.

Demented just came out with their new NE IPA called Hornswoggle, had it last night, it's great

Icarus Kalashnikov Coffee was really good and had great pecan flavor; much better pecan flavor than Omnipollo Noa Pecan Mud Cake stout. I liked it more than Magnify YYKM Chilis, Cinnamon, Chocolate and Coffee.

Icarus Kalashnikov Coffee was really good and had great pecan flavor; much better pecan flavor than Omnipollo Noa Pecan Mud Cake stout. I liked it more than Magnify YYKM Chilis, Cinnamon, Chocolate and Coffee.
I want to get my hands on that Kalashnikov, sounds like a tasty RIS.

Magnify Impatiently Waiting was good, but not great and not as good as the YYKM variant that I had, which wasn't anything special either. I still don't get all the Magnify hype. Kane and Troon blow away Magnify for NJ stouts/porters.

Just back from a 5 day trip for some training sessions in Harrisburg and visited 6 breweries. I can write a short novel on all the beers I had, but suffice to say the breweries that kicked some major butt were Funk, Tattered Flag, and Troegs. I was leery that Troegs had become a glorified/commercial micro brew. They are growing as their britches are getting bigger, but have a very good tap list with their usual beers. Where I thought they shined was the 8-9 scratch/one off beers in addition to their normal brews.

Made a long weekend trip to Boston and on the way there stopped at Tree House Brewing... there was a two hour wait for cans so I didn’t stick around. I was aware that there is often a long line and didn’t have the intention of waiting, but figured being so close from the interstate might as well try.

Was able to pick up a few 4 packs at Trillium Brewing in Boston. Looking forward to trying them out soon.

Just back from a 5 day trip for some training sessions in Harrisburg and visited 6 breweries. I can write a short novel on all the beers I had, but suffice to say the breweries that kicked some major butt were Funk, Tattered Flag, and Troegs. I was leery that Troegs had become a glorified/commercial micro brew. They are growing as their britches are getting bigger, but have a very good tap list with their usual beers. Where I thought they shined was the 8-9 scratch/one off beers in addition to their normal brews.
Troegs Splinter Series, their barrel aged beers are crazy good. Impending Decent and Barrel Aged Troegenator are well worth it

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT