ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

PBW featuring a couple new breweries in the area. Liquid Riot from Portland Maine and Monday Night Brewing from Atlanta. Many top breweries test their beers at PBW first before distro, like Deschutes did and Melvin.

third year in a row for me....best of the 3 so far, festival and beer. Was lucky enough to have friends score multiple pours of handjee and chem versions on draft, amazing! trip is highly recommended....

Did you make the trip to Three Floyd's for that or have someone mule it on Dark Lord Day?

Reactions: bigmatt718
yes that's an idea! Grand Rapids is a major beer town and not that far at all.

Since you live in Ohio, you might plan a Rutgers Football road trip (Michigan State this year) and stay in Grand Rapids to visit the many Breweries in town.

In my last trip to Grand Rapids (home of many Breweries and a Brewery map), we found Mitten Brewery(an old Firehouse). Other favorites are HopCat and Founders located in downtown Grand Rapids.

On Monday nights, Mitten offers both a Sampler Flight of Beers (choice of about 15 beers) and a Pizza Flight (with some very unusual pizza toppings) as well.

I really enjoyed the following Beer Flights last October:
  • Relief
  • Country Strong
  • Harvest
  • Doc's Noto
  • 84 Imperial Red

Westbrook Key Lime Gose might replace DH SeaQuench as a go to Summer beer for me, and I might have found the poor man's FW Anniversary Ale with Boulevard's Grand Cru. It's a blend of their BA Quad and their BA Imperial Stout.

Westbrook Key Lime Gose might replace DH SeaQuench as a go to Summer beer for me, and I might have found the poor man's FW Anniversary Ale with Boulevard's Grand Cru. It's a blend of their BA Quad and their BA Imperial Stout.

I’m a big fan of Boulevard beers, especially Tank 7 Belgian golden ale.

Any worthwhile beers from the Norfolk/Williamsburg VA area? Flying up there this weekend for a family reunion and have room for some bottles in the suitcase to bring home.

Just stumbled across 3 bottles of one of my favorites (and enjoying one at the moment):

westbrook-brewing-co-mexican-cake-imperial-stout-beer-south-carolina-usa-10817530.jpg

Reactions: G$$ and bigmatt718
Bought the Sierra Party Pack. Pale, Orange IPA, Lager, Helles. Great variety!!

Went to new Raritan Bay Brewing in Keansburg, beers were pretty good but was a little underwhelmed overall, tried all 8 beers they had on tap. Went to Kane first so it was a tough act to follow.

Reactions: Knightmoves
I went to a beer fest in Vermont this weekend. Lots of good beers from New England. Really enjoyed the Zero Gravity and Whetstone.

Some distro news...Bell's has officially arrived in NJ from Michigan. Two Hearted is among the best shelf IPAs out there. As for Philly, Prairie Bomb, Birthday Bomb and Paradise are back, along with Against the Grain 70K.

Reactions: Peteyd
I was at Monk's trying to cross Maine Dinner off my bucket list. Struck out on that and ended up at the Eclipse takeover at Cinder...17 draft/16 bottle pours and $40 flights of Pappy 10 and 20.

I was at Monk's trying to cross Maine Dinner off my bucket list. Struck out on that and ended up at the Eclipse takeover at Cinder...17 draft/16 bottle pours and $40 flights of Pappy 10 and 20.
Dude, Dinner is fantastic. We had it in house twice this year. Can't believe you never had it.

Dude, Dinner is fantastic. We had it in house twice this year. Can't believe you never had it.
Had Lunch several times, have never had Dinner. The Pappy pours were a good consolation prize. Tomorrow night Cinder has Parabola variants on...Rye Whiskey Coconut BA and Scotch BA. Dock Street is opening a second location I hear now too.

I think you missed it or else 17 came late in the year. I scored a few bottles and currently have two for my nephew in Milwaukee. It is a great beer.
I came across the 18 earlier in the week. Nice heat from the habaneros, smooth cocoa flavor. An excellent beer, but not an elite spiced stout like Abraxas or Bomb. Still recommend it.

I was at both of those as well, if you saw a guy in a red Rutgers t-shirt, that was me. We eventually ended up at Khyber Pass where we had Scotch Parabola, which had a really good smoky, peaty flavor, as well as Heady Topper and Sanctification. Unbelievable lineup they had there. Can't go wrong during Philly Beer Week.

I was at both of those as well, if you saw a guy in a red Rutgers t-shirt, that was me. We eventually ended up at Khyber Pass where we had Scotch Parabola, which had a really good smoky, peaty flavor, as well as Heady Topper and Sanctification. Unbelievable lineup they had there. Can't go wrong during Philly Beer Week.
Cans of Alchemist in the city and suburbs galore. Stock up on Heady.

Reactions: robcac26
Just visited legendary Trillium Brewing in both Canton, Ma and their Boston locations. Lived up to the hype. The best being Permuation Series #41 and #39. Great IPAs. Their Peanut Butter PM Dawn and Macaroon with Coconut and Brown Sugar stouts were off the charts among many others. Also got to try 2 beers from Toppling Goliath out of Iowa, 2 very good IPAs called Pseudo Sue and Pompeii. If you see these 2 breweries just buy the beer and ask questions later. Got to try over 50 beers in my 3 days in Boston, Hopsters Brewing makes some awesome stuff too.

I went to the Tonewood 2nd Anniversary Party this weekend. DDH Fuego lived up to the hype, and they had a new BA Imperial Stout called Where The Buffalo Roam. Aged in Buffalo Trace barrels. I also made my way to what I consider the most underrated brewery in NJ, Spellbound yesterday. They had 3 awesome dark beers on draft, a Rye Whiskey BA Porter aged in Sagamore Spirit Rye barrels. They're a distillery in Baltimore. They had an Imperial Stout called It's Not Yours, It's Mayan! and a BBA Imperial Stout called Living The Dream. All terrific.

Just visited legendary Trillium Brewing in both Canton, Ma and their Boston locations. Lived up to the hype. The best being Permuation Series #41 and #39. Great IPAs. Their Peanut Butter PM Dawn and Macaroon with Coconut and Brown Sugar stouts were off the charts among many others. Also got to try 2 beers from Toppling Goliath out of Iowa, 2 very good IPAs called Pseudo Sue and Pompeii. If you see these 2 breweries just buy the beer and ask questions later. Got to try over 50 beers in my 3 days in Boston, Hopsters Brewing makes some awesome stuff too.

Trillium is a AAA+ microbrewer. We visited the Congress St location in 2014 & 15 and picked up a few cases of IPA bombers and dark ales before going to day games at Fenway. All great stuff. The guy behind me in line had a $1300 bill for his takeout. A great deal of loyalty among Craft beer folks for Trillium, and well deserved. Wish they distro to FL.

Great news!! Thank for sharing BigMatt! Bells is one of my favs. Hope I can track down some Oberon, love the two hearted and the Amber Ale is really good too! Would love to pick some up for Fathera day!!

Great news!! Thank for sharing BigMatt! Bells is one of my favs. Hope I can track down some Oberon, love the two hearted and the Amber Ale is really good too! Would love to pick some up for Fathera day!!
All 3 have been spotted in South Jersey. Oberon is an excellent summer beer.

Thanks Big Matt. I am in Monmouth county. Will be in the look out for some this weekend.

Not a hard core beer guy like some of you, but enjoying a flying fish farm house summer ale right now that is pretty darn good. outaide drinking.

My brother picked me up a growler from his trip to Other Half Brewery in Brooklyn. He raved about all their beers, I had Space Hallucinations their Imperial IPA which was delicious. Heading to Troon and Flounder Brewing today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT