ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

Stopped by Cypress Brewing in Edison yesterday, I hadn't been there in a year or more, the 1st time I wasn't that impressed. This time it seems they have stepped up their game. I don't normally like sours but the 3 they had on tap were pretty good. They were fruity and didn't have that super sour bite. Their 2 IPAs, Runway Models and Cecilia were excellent as well as their imperial porter called Alva, go check em out.

Picked up Bay Dreamer by Icarus/Heavy Reel collaberation. Pretty good. Still trying to find Yacht Juice by Icarus, very hard to find.

29846784198_bb83c353e1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Magnify collab with Interboro: Sinister Prime Minister, imperial stout w/maple syrup. All maple syrup. Flat as can be, so it drinks like maple juice. Better tasting than Born Day, but not as good as their YYKM Mexican variant.

I picked up a few Imperial Stouts from Bolero Snort this week: The Voyage of Bull Beard and 20th and Bull Street. Looking forward to trying them tonight.

Reactions: Leonard23
Had a draft Melvin Your IPA, which was solid, but excited to see a Melvin beer on draft locally.

Also had a LIC Beer Project Coded Tiles Pale Ale and it was enjoyable, had a significant “juicy” taste for a pale ale. It seems like these collaborative / collective brewers make some really good stuff.

Pumking and others used to come out on July 1. So at least that has changed.
Oktoberfest beers isnt that bad as it begins Sept 22nd.
I'm on the hunt for an 18 Rum BA Pumking. Let me know if you get any. Voyage of Bull Beard by Bolero Snort was excellent. Tasted like a stronger version of Stone Xocoveza...cinnamon notes. A BA variant would be excellent once Bolero opens their physical location by MetLife Stadium in the fall.

I'm on the hunt for an 18 Rum BA Pumking. Let me know if you get any. Voyage of Bull Beard by Bolero Snort was excellent. Tasted like a stronger version of Stone Xocoveza...cinnamon notes. A BA variant would be excellent once Bolero opens their physical location by MetLife Stadium in the fall.
Shangys is the wholesale for Southern Tier for the entire region. They would know if the are getting any to send out.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Picked up some of the DDH Genevieve IPA from Flounder yesterday. Worth the trip to Hillsborough. Good variety and they experiment with many different styles.

Picked up some of the DDH Genevieve IPA from Flounder yesterday. Worth the trip to Hillsborough. Good variety and they experiment with many different styles.

I live right near Flounder but haven't been yet. What do you suggest?

Today I decided to see how our neighbors to the North do BA Imperial Stouts. I had Cafe Del Bastardo from Nickel Brook Brewery. They're from suburban Toronto. Was impressed...strong coffee flavor, solid bourbon barrel flavor. Well worth the $15.

Southern Tier Samoa This was a coconut bomb. Didn't get much chocolate.

Lost Abbey Number of the Beast is good. Many of the Lost Abbey beers are very similar tasting.

Pumpkin and Oktoberfest beer hitting stores this week.
Don't know how I missed this post but my favorite time of the year because it means....football is a coming soon!!!!!! Also I do enjoy both of those varieties of beer.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Kane brewing released a Brut IPA last weekend and second reef a double ipa

The brut ipa is interesting and second reef was solid, but not as good as first or third reef. Also got to try samples of fifth, an imperial stout and 1852, a Belgian quad. They had some of their other anniversary ales on tap but I couldn’t try as I was driving.

Got some Neshaminy Creek Tamanend Helles while in NJ that I really dug.

Tried to find something similar in CO but was told Colarado doesn't do much in the way of German lagers compared to the coasts.

Did find Colarado Native Olathe, which was really nice. Brewery uses all local grown ingredients.

Drank the 18 Stickee Monkee last night. Delicious as usual. Looking forward to the revived Better Half by Founders. Its a Maple BA Old Curmudgeon.

Finally got the chance to visit the Stone Brewing brewery in Escondido. Great facility and the bistro / garden is fantastic. They reuse the waste water from the beer production to maintain their garden and it is very lush. I couldn’t believe how comfortable it was. Food was excellent, probably the best quality you’re going to find at a brewery.

As for the beer, Stone is top notch and the tour and tasters with dinner didn’t disappoint. Was able to try their 22 year anniversary beer called Anni-Matter, which is a Double IPA that was the winner of an internal brewer collaboration competition.

I’ve visited a little over a dozen of the San Diego breweries during my three visits to the area and that apparently represents less than 10% of the breweries there. No shortage of good fresh beer.

Wife got me a rare beer of the month club subscription for my birthday. Drinking an Apis IV barrel aged quad from the latest shipment. It's pretty good,combines a couple of my favorite flavors Belgians and barrel aged beers.

Just had heady Jams from brix city. It was excellent. Have had a few of their hazy ipas and have been very pleased with all

CZIG Meister out of Hackettstown NJ. Very good juicy NE style IPA

29998121298_a0aeb46afd_c.jpg

Good bones at Czig Meister. I knew Matt when he was lead brewer at Kane in Ocean Twp and shared brews a few times with him at Boyle’s Tavern in Monmouth Beach, a great beer bar on the northern NJ Shore. Matt studied brewing in school, knows the chemistry of brewing and is a great kid with a good attitude. I hope that Czig Meisters does well.

Good bones at Czig Meister. I knew Matt when he was lead brewer at Kane in Ocean Twp and shared brews a few times with him at Boyle’s Tavern in Monmouth Beach, a great beer bar on the northern NJ Shore. Matt studied brewing in school, knows the chemistry of brewing and is a great kid with a good attitude. I hope that Czig Meisters does well.
Know Joey Boyle very well, loves the ponies!

Reactions: Knightmoves
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT