ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

Coffee Abraxas was awesome at the tailgate. Pizza Boys Sunnyside up hazelnut coffee stout and Tree House Nervous Energy milk stout were good.

Reactions: bigmatt718
New the Philly market and just delivered.
Bronx Brewery
Revision, out of Nevada
Cambridge
Paradox, Upstate NY

Only have had Bronx Brewery. Anyone have any of these before?
I like a few Bronx Brewery beers (Rye Pale Ale and their Winter Pale Ale). I’ve been to their Brewery a few times and it’s a cool place with a big outdoor space located in an industrial area that will likely remain industrial for a long time. When the brewery started their focus was pale ale varieties, but starting maybe 2 years ago they got away from that. Interesting enough it is the only true craft beer you can get in Yankee Stadium. Kudos for them making that deal given all the other food and beer is reminiscent of a mall in suburban Missouri.

Interesting that you mention Cambridge. I had a beer of their’s this weekend. It was a Brut IPA, but it was hazy. WTF. Going back a few posts I had complained about the obsession with hazy beers and this one just pissed me off as my understanding of the Brut IPA is that it should be crystal clear. I had a Brut IPA in Charlotte NC and it was good and crystal clear (NoDa Brewing - Brut Farce).

Reactions: WhiteBus
The Canal's in Marlton in South Jersey is getting Westbrook Mexican Cake variants, both bourbon and tequila barrel aged. The normal was very spicy with the habaneros and likely the barrel aged variants subdue the heat. Regular Mexican Cake is very good but on a tier below Abraxas and Bomb or Baptista IMO.

Anyone know if Epic released the 18 Baptist variants? I really want to try the Quad Barrel Baptist as last year's Triple Baptist was out of this world. I know regular 18 Baptist is out.

Also had Chocolate Manifesto from Flying Monkey. Brewery from suburban Toronto. Very underrated. Ended up being a lot better than I thought it would.

Currently sipping on TIES THE ROOM TOGETHER, a collaboration brwn Cape May and Left Hand Breweries. It is a White Cream Stout inspired by the White Russians in the Big Lebowski.

Clockin in at 8.5 it is a light colored (think any light lager) easy drinking beer. Smells a bit nutty with hints of vanilla. Initally tastes like a cream ale to me more than a Stout and finishes with a buttery coffee vanilla taste.

Really really good imho.

Picked this up yesterday and today. Had to get the Mad Elf, been getting it every year for a while now. The Stone Xocoverza is great. While looking for another beer today I saw the Goose Island Bourbon Country, I had the 2017 regular version while I was getting the 2018 the lady asked me if I wanted any of the other varities so I got the 2018 coffee barleywine ale as well. I hope its good at $16 a bottle it better be.

31052739887_faa7101a21_b.jpg

Picked this up yesterday and today. Had to get the Mad Elf, been getting it every year for a while now. The Stone Xocoverza is great. While looking for another beer today I saw the Goose Island Bourbon Country, I had the 2017 regular version while I was getting the 2018 the lady asked me if I wanted any of the other varities so I got the 2018 coffee barleywine ale as well. I hope its good at $16 a bottle it better be.

I just bought a 6 of Xocoveaz about an hour ago. Saving it for tomorrow. I had it in the big bottle format last year and thought it was excellent.

Reactions: Postman_1

If you like the place where you bought the beer I wouldn't post pictures of the Bourbon County. Not supposed to be for sale until Friday. If the wholesaler gets wind of it that will be their last allocation of Bourbon County.

If you like Xocoveza, try to find Prairie Christmas Bomb. I kid you not, it's Xocoveza on steroids.
They have a number of Prarie bottles at the small bottle shop near my place (including Christmas bomb), but it was too cold and windy to make the effort last night. Hopefully they still have it this weekend.

Is the 2018 KBS worth the $31 4 pack price tag I’ve seen it with?

They have a number of Prarie bottles at the small bottle shop near my place (including Christmas bomb), but it was too cold and windy to make the effort last night. Hopefully they still have it this weekend.

Is the 2018 KBS worth the $31 4 pack price tag I’ve seen it with?
A little less than $8 a bottle for 18 KBS is a pretty good price. I'd buy it to cellar at this point or start a vert with.

How did you find Paulaner Oktoberfest this late in the fall? Or was is from earlier in the season?
I’ve noticed as some supermarkets and bodegas have stepped up their beer game that you come across stuff that is hard to get in places you wouldn’t necessarily expect. Because they are off the radar for many craft beer seekers you can find stuff later than expected.

2018 Prairie Christmas Bomb is awesome. Easily the best ever Christmas Bomb.

Magnify's Danksgiving did not disappoint, a delicious Imperial Double IPA while watching football yesterday. Dock Street's Bean 2 Bean Espresso Stout went well with dessert. Perennial Artisan Ales Static Electricity and Rough Draft's Weekday IPA were solid as well.

So I finally found the 2018 Prairie Christmas Bomb that bigmat718 suggested. It was only sold in singles $8 per bottle. I picked up two of them as they were limited to one per person (had the wife with me) also picked up Southern Tier Cinnamon Roll

Kane Morning Bean is a vanilla bean bomb...might like Trillium Vanilla PM Dawn better, as it has more roast coffee flavor.

Kane Medovik is a cinnamon honey graham RIS...better as it warms.

I went down to 2SP Brewery in Aston on Black Friday. Had a flight of their RIS The Russian ( Bourbon BA variant, Rye BA variant, coffee variant, and Fiesta variant).

Reactions: Leonard23
Other Half/J Wakefield BA Snowbirds is one of the best BA imperial stouts. Amazing.

Other Half/Mikerphone Concentric Grooves is good...maple vanilla boozy. Not nearly as good as BA Snowbirds.

Picked up a bottle of Goose Island 2018 Bourbon County Brand Stout. Will probably save it for Christmas Eve / Christmas.

Kane Double Barrel Evening Bell (Imperial milk porter barrel aged in bourbon and maple syrup) is sweet maple bourbon goodness.

I will be honest and admit I did not read the 28 pages of this thread, but I do love beer and suspect have had many posted. I am currently drinking Stacy’s Mom Citra IPA by Evil Genius. It is fabulous.

South Jersey just got Prairie, Mikkeller and Foreign Objects for the first time. I'm on the hunt for 18 Abraxas and 18 Baptist variants, also 18 High West BA Victory at Sea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT