ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

Got 18 Willettized, haven't cracked it yet. Cracked 18 BA Ten Fidy which is glorious this year. Also got 18 Velvet Mirkin by Firestone Walker and Bolero Snort Bullnard Cocoa Stout. Fun fact: David Krumholtz who played Bernard in The Santa Clause actually helped the Bolero guys make it.

You guys will get protruding beer guts drinking that craft stuff
It's drinking the entire 30 pack of Budweiser that will create big bellys.
You need to educate yourself on the craft beer stuff. There is nothing better than fresh beer, made locally with the best ingredients. I sell a lot of the national brands. Used to drink a lot of them too. But once you taste a fresh heffe, lager, stout that was hand crafted I'll never go back to the national crap again.

Got 18 Willettized, haven't cracked it yet. Cracked 18 BA Ten Fidy which is glorious this year. Also got 18 Velvet Mirkin by Firestone Walker and Bolero Snort Bullnard Cocoa Stout. Fun fact: David Krumholtz who played Bernard in The Santa Clause actually helped the Bolero guys make it.
How was the Cocoa Stout? I wanted to try but have been boycotting it because David K and I are on competing teams at Tuesday night trivia at a place in Bloomfield and he isnt always the most gracious winner/loser. But I guess I would give it a try if reviews were good.

Reactions: bigmatt718
How was the Cocoa Stout? I wanted to try but have been boycotting it because David K and I are on competing teams at Tuesday night trivia at a place in Bloomfield and he isnt always the most gracious winner/loser. But I guess I would give it a try if reviews were good.
I thought it was solid. It would be even better barrel aged but I definitely would drink it again.

Reactions: shu99
Having a Westbrook Mexican Cake now. Very good IMO. Has a nice kick to it from the habanero. My first time having this I think it gets relased around May. It was very hard to find too, Ill be looking for this in late spring for sure.

Just finished one of my favorite German beers, Vitus from Weihenstephaner. Kind of an amped up Hefeweizen w bananas and clove taste at 7.7%. Hard to find on the shelves but well worth it IMO.

Having a Westbrook Mexican Cake now. Very good IMO. Has a nice kick to it from the habanero. My first time having this I think it gets relased around May. It was very hard to find too, Ill be looking for this in late spring for sure.
Blind Tiger had it on draft recently, but by the time I was able to stop by, they had just sold out of it.

Reactions: Postman_1
Many of you know I am good friends of the owners of Neshaminy Creek Brewing. They are going through an subtle rebranding of their labels. Last night was their employee Christmas party and I was guest bartender. Before it all started I was presented with the new version of the Croydon Cream Ale. On the label there is a drawing of my dog Scarlet, who is already painted on the wall in the tap room! Always knew beer people are great people.

Who would ever think our 2 longest threads...would be about hot women and different tyoes pf beer

Many of you know I am good friends of the owners of Neshaminy Creek Brewing. They are going through an subtle rebranding of their labels. Last night was their employee Christmas party and I was guest bartender. Before it all started I was presented with the new version of the Croydon Cream Ale. On the label there is a drawing of my dog Scarlet, who is already painted on the wall in the tap room! Always knew beer people are great people.

How were the tips last nite? j/k

Very cool. My wife is a big fan of their Coffee JAWN. Need to stock up next release.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Stopped into the local Total Wines here today and grabbed 3 sixers of Weihenstephaner Vitus at $ 12 each.

This is a special German beer imo and I will savor it as needed, ha!
I have not seen that around in a while by me. Any left by you? Not that you would let me know!

Stopped into the local Total Wines here today and grabbed 3 sixers of Weihenstephaner Vitus at $ 12 each.

This is a special German beer imo and I will savor it as needed, ha!

The key thing is pour into a glass and leave about an eighth of an inch in the bottle then swirl the bottle to loosen up the sediment in the bottom of the bottle then pour into the glass.

Yes, there was one sixer remaining of Vitus when I left Total Wines this afternoon.
Thanks, but that's okay- you should enjoy them while they are there. I came across another favorite in Piscataway recently- the Schneider Weisse-Brooklyn collaboration. Only two bottles, so I snatched those up.

Reactions: Knightmoves
ADVERTISEMENT